• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil. The final battle. Am I screwed?

Okay I've just blown up the transmissions tower and been caught in the General's tractor beam. I sorted that problem out just fine.

stuck2.jpg

deadgeneral.jpg

See?

Now the problem is... after watching the guy spew gibberish about dark angels and what not, and then watching him die... the Hyllians join me on this great big attack on the space station...

bgefb1.JPG

And from this point I am FORCED to fight the final final battle!

bgefb2.JPG

"much to learn... you still have"

bgefb3.JPG

Each character has about a heart and a half full each, zero Kbups, cherry thingies or other life giving marvels. Jade gets some life back when I die like in the below picture, but it still doesn't seem to be enough to survive the fight. My question to those who've played through is... can I find Kbups anywhere around this point? can I leave Serene and go back to Hyllis to buy some? Or am I just screwed?

stuck1.jpg

I gave the other characters some extra heart containers (PA-1 items) before the fight. Having watched one thing that happens in the fight, is there actually any point in this?
What a freakin awesome game this has been btw.

Cheers

Thom

Ranger X

If i remember right, you're screwed. Keep praticing though, you don't even need half your life to finish this battle.

Troidal

Practice enough and you may survive. I was in a similar situation where I thought I didnt have enough k-bops to heal, but its a matter of using your charged attack and all that. Also, relocate your health tanks to Jade, screw your AI friends, you'll know what I mean later.

Yeah, I think they do drop health...Anyway, I'm glad you brought up BG&E...Playing Sly 2 made me think of it, and it's such a great game. I don't know if it will get a sequel, but it should. Were those talks of a trilogy true?

how the balls did you ever get that low on health and resources in that game? Especially considering the the final area has about three enemies.

No old saves, eh?

Deku Tree

I think you can just win the final battle without losing much or any health. It's been a while but I think I did it. Just practice until you get good at it if you don't have any old saves.

swoon

Luscious LeftFoot said:
Yeah, it's been a while but I don't think I gave by secondary characters more than 3 or 4 hearts.

yea. i never gave them anything but food, and they never had a problem. they don't really get attacked.

FoneBone

Claus said:
I finally decided to finish this game last week. After seeing the ending I wish I hadn't.
Personally, I thought the ending was OK. That doesn't include the retarded bit after the credits, though.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
FoneBone said:
Personally, I thought the ending was OK. That doesn't include the retarded bit after the credits, though.

It was ultra vague and nothing was buttoned up the way it should have been, but I still enjoyed the actual scene for some reason. Perhaps the music played a role in that? The song used during that segment is flat out amazing.

One thing I didn't understand about the ending,
why did they try to make a big deal out of Peyj being infected, when it was already established that they had a cure for it earlier in the game????

Claus said:
I finally decided to finish this game last week. After seeing the ending I wish I hadn't.

I finally finished this a few days ago as well and I was very unhappy with the ending as well. The story up until that point was excellent and in a matter of 1 minute they try and wrap it up. I was hoping for a lot more exposition, but is was like here's the final revelation, no reaction, the end. I would've liked them to do a flashback, or explain a little bit more about Jade's destiny or purpose.

I know they left the option for a sequel with that ending, but it was way too abrupt.

Ranger X

Michel Ancel did announce it would be a trilogy at first. After the bad sales of the first title though, everything is a secret. I definetly hope they will try another BG and E.

Anyanka

Luscious LeftFoot said:
One thing I didn't understand about the ending,
why did they try to make a big deal out of Peyj being infected, when it was already established that they had a cure for it earlier in the game????

The last cure was used on double H

Top Bottom