• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Central Fiction coming to North America (PS4/PS3)

Aksys Games will bring BlazBlue: Central Fiction to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in North America.

The news comes via a pair of Amazon product pages , which lists the following features:

A 40+ hour story mode with fully animated cut scenes pushes the boundaries of fighting game narratives
Epic Aesthetic
Insanely detailed 2D hand drawn sprites coupled with astonishing 3D rendered backgrounds create a world unlike anything you’ve seen before
A packed roster of over 30+ characters new and old battle across 60+ different stages

Aksys Games is holding a panel at 1:00 p.m. ET at MomoCon, where it says it will be “making MAJOR announcements.” This will likely be one of them.

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/blazblue-central-fiction-coming-north-america

Here is the Amazon Listing

http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Central-Fiction-PlayStation-4/dp/B01G7TX04K/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1464358588&sr=1-1&keywords=BlazBlue%3A+Central+Fiction

Update

Well, there ya have it, this winter:

Cjety2rWYAArTzd.jpg:orig

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/736248176269774848

Glad to see they're bringing over the PS3 version. Hopefully they don't release it around the same time as KOFXIV. I don't want to have to ignore one of the two for the other.

brinstar

Missed out on the last few Blazblue releases, so I'll jump in this one. Hopefully I can parse what the hell is going on in the story by now.

Unknown?

The XO version must have done horribly for them to skip it with the next iteration? Then again they've had some only on PlayStation before, maybe this is one of those?

The XO version must have done horribly for them to skip it with the next iteration? Then again they've had some only on PlayStation before, maybe this is one of those?

BlazBlue is not a big seller for neither of the consoles. Xbox Owners should give up on Japanese games coming to the console since it seems Japanese developers don't seem to care about the system anyway.

Rymuth

A 40+ hour story mode with fully animated cut scenes pushes the boundaries of fighting game narratives
Sounds impressive at first until you factor in the Recaps, Teach Me Ms Litchi and the Comedy Routes.

Well, whatever, I can't wait to see how they end this.

Asd202

No Xbox? Also hoping for confirmation about English dub from the panel for this game and new Guilty Gear.

Sounds impressive at first until you factor in the Recaps, Teach Me Ms Litchi and the Comedy Routes.

Well, whatever, I can't wait to see how they end this.

Wait there doing Guilty Gear style story presentation for BB?

Korigama

Wouldn't know about US sales, but the Xbox One sales for Chrono Phantasma Extend in Japan were indeed extremely poor.
After Guilty Gears, I can't go back to BlazBlue.
Before CPE, I would've agreed (originally burned out on the series with CSII), but I've got room for both Xrd and BB now, even if I'm looking forward to -REVELATOR- more at this point.

salromano

The Aksys panel is happening now, so the official announcement should happen within the hour, but the Amazon pages were updated with placeholder box art. Looks like no Xbox One version this time:

51T--TuvbVL.jpg
51Py4cblOpL.jpg

If anyone wants to follow the panel, RPGSite is live-tweeting: https://twitter.com/RPGSite

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Really happy that they're still publishing the PS3 version here.

Neoxon

No Xbox One version in the West is a bit of a surprise, but oh well. Hopefully we'll get a release date, soon.

Nyoro SF

Going to wait for Shini to save our butts with the PC version like he's done up til now. It's a shame ASW can't concurrently dev for it and that Aksys can't publish it to Steam themselves, but I guess I gotta wait.

Weebos

Banned
Wait, is this the visual novel, or like a combined story mode of all the games?

EDIT: Or just a totally new Blazblue game?

Guilty Gear had some Sony cross promotion going on.

Blazblue was on both Sony's and MS next gen consoles. Still is.

Unless you mean Aksys.

No I mean Arc System works the developers of BlazBlue and Guilty Gear. Other than BB Chrono Phantasma Extend, they haven't released any of their other game son the Xbox One. They seem to be skipping on developing Blue Fiction for the One as well.

MQX

Ib4 PQube announces a European release of Central Fiction and also announcing that they will also release a XBO version ;P.

Guymelef

No I mean Arc System works the developers of BlazBlue and Guilty Gear. Other than BB Chrono Phantasma Extend, they haven't released any of their other game son the Xbox One. They seem to be skipping on developing Blue Fiction for the One as well.

Would be nice to see NPD numbers but I remember how even Vita version was above XBO on Amazon rankings.

SoldnerKei

I wonder if this time around there will be a noticeable improvement on the ps4 version other than loading times, iirc people say CP's sprites on ps4 looked a bit jagged, also I wonder if they'll have ps3 arcade sticks support like SFV, that would be neat

and so, winter it is, I doubt I will stick with anyone else but Jin & Izayoi, but still wanna try out Nine.

Korigama

Looking forward to Central Fiction EXTEND.
Maybe I should wait for CF Extend....

I would get excited but then they'll just announce EXTEND on the same day the NA game releases and tick me off.
Sadly, this is what I'm also expecting, and what I'll be holding off for (it's certainly what I waited for with Chrono Phantasma, even after vaguely recalling claims from Arc that they wouldn't pull that again ahead of BBCP's release).

I wonder if this time around there will be a noticeable improvement on the ps4 version other than loading times, iirc people say CP's sprites on ps4 looked a bit jagged, also I wonder if they'll have ps3 arcade sticks support like SFV, that would be neat

and so, winter it is, I doubt I will stick with anyone else but Jin & Izayoi, but still wanna try out Nine.

Revelator apparently nailed it with the Lab Zero Legacy support drivers, so I would be surprised if Blazblue didn't have it either.

Top Bottom