• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
iconoclast said:
My most anticipated game for the remainder of the year, can't wait. It should be able to tear me away from SSF4, at least for a little while. :D

The Makoto/Nu DLC is really lame, but I guess I can let it slide since the game is only $40 to begin with.
something something SSFIV also 40 bucks and 9 new characters, no DLC something.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
EraldoCoil said:
GAFchat knows my dislike of CT but I know they will all abandon SSF4 for CS so more than likely I'll be picking it up....

254zvcz.jpg

Yu nutz?!

j/k lol

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I'm importing it on ps3, if anyone cares. Add me!

ZROCOOL said:
It's a maybe for me. My fighting game skills are lacking hard.

<3 CT

Fear not! The game has a beginner mode for people just like you! Instant one button specials and dial-a-combos!
You get a pretty beginner icon under your name too, so everyone knows who to laugh at
:D

CcrooK said:
Oh fuck........fml! I completely forgot about SC2 being out around that time! :( :( :( :( :( :(

I trust you to make the right choice.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
EraldoCoil said:
GAFchat knows my dislike of CT but I know they will all abandon SSF4 for CS so more than likely I'll be picking it up....

We'll see...GAF abandoned CT pretty quickly while SF4 stayed popular right up until Super hit.

Street Fighter seems to be the only online fighter with lasting power here. Soul Calibur, Tekken, TvC, MvC2, HD Remix, NGBC, etc.? You'd think they were dead!

And yeah, the biggest threat to CS is Starcraft 2. :/

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
July 27 for the USA, Day freaking 1!!!

Funnily enough, I will buy it like the other BlazBlue....right after Anime Expo :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lyte Edge said:
We'll see...GAF abandoned CT pretty quickly while SF4 stayed popular right up until Super hit.
/

actually me and proto still play here and there I actually like CT more that super it's just more fun.

Hcoregamer00

Zanken said:
Arakune 2.0 is a different beast to the original. In truth he's a lot more balanced, but he is still capable of all sorts of cheesy.

Well, that is a lot better.

Excitement back up to previous levels.....

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Varion said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbd9_1AzoDE

I think the first 40 seconds of this might go some way to answering your question.

On the whole he's been nerfed somewhat apparently, though they did accidentally introduce this.
:lol

Day 1 for me as well. I was playing SSF4 for a while, but the online play was just so shaky and inconsistent that I've flat out refused to play it anywhere outside of an arcade. Also, everyone who says that SSF4 is a good game for beginners is a fucking liar.

Glad to see you back BB.

DDDDDDDDDDDD

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
QisTopTier said:
actually me and proto still play here and there I actually like CT more that super it's just more fun.

I like BB more than SFIV too, but I found it hard to keep playing CT when I knew CS was upcoming. Plus I was Tager and was sick of getting really annoyed. :lol

Hcoregamer00

Papercuts said:
I like BB more than SFIV too, but I found it hard to keep playing CT when I knew CS was upcoming. Plus I was Tager and was sick of getting really annoyed. :lol

Blazblue is my favorite fighting game this generation, bar none.

I kept on playing the game long after it came out in the USA, just not online since I suck royally compared to you pros.

Lucentto

Banned
I think this series would greatly benefit Arakune somehow disappearing from the roster, just throwing that out there.

Varion

Lucentto said:
I think this series would greatly benefit Arakune somehow disappearing from the roster, just throwing that out there.
As someone who mains Arakune I resent this comment, and hope your day is infested with bees.

Steaks

Arakune is actually pretty balanced now, 9k combos aside. He actually has to work. Unlike say Bang or Litchi.

HK-47 said:
something something SSFIV also 40 bucks and 9 new characters, no DLC something.

Not everyone can be as awesome as Capcom. In fact, no one is.

I would have gladly payed $60+ for both BBCS and SSF4, so I don't mind.

Darkman M

Wonder if the Japanese version will be region free on 360 and is there an Asian version? Would be nice to get this before the end of July.

kensk said:
Arakune is actually pretty balanced now, 9k combos aside. He actually has to work. Unlike say Bang or Litchi.

bohoho time to pick up Litchi.

nah, I'd never, ever cheat on Tao. I love her too much

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Darkman M said:
Wonder if the Japanese version will be region free on 360 and is there an Asian version? Would be nice to get this before the end of July.

http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/685#post-6599

Q: What is the region coding on BlazBlue CS Xbox 360 / PS3?
A: The PS3 version is region free. You can play the US version of BBCS 360 on a US/Asian Xbox 360 which means it will not play in a European or Japanese Xbox 360. Sorry :(

I know technically he isn't talking about the Japanese version but I'd assume it's the same.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
iconoclast said:
Not everyone can be as awesome as Capcom. In fact, no one is.

I would have gladly payed $60+ for both BBCS and SSF4, so I don't mind.
No one uses Hakan, and Blanka is enough to make 2,000 people rage quit each night. I say its a fair trade off.

You can argue other fighters have more characters

But fighters in BlazBlue have character

No two play alike; each one is unique

Papercuts said:
I hate that I do this, too.

It will definitely be fun to play with you again :D

Interested, but wary of DLC character business (those who don't pay for Squirrel Girl will have a blindspot playing against her online).

_dementia said:
You can argue other fighters have more characters

But fighters in BlazBlue have character

No two play alike; each one is unique

Very true, except for the 3 mecha-chicks. ;)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SatelliteOfLove said:
Interested, but wary of DLC character business (those who don't pay for Squirrel Girl will have a blindspot playing against her online).

Very true, except for the 3 mecha-chicks. ;)

Mu PLAYS NOTHING like the other two

and at high levels lambda and nu play way differently too their combos are like nothing alike almost lol.

Besides Nu isn't even in the game as a character out side of unlimited lambda.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

remz

QisTopTier said:
Mu PLAYS NOTHING like the other two

and at high levels lambda and nu play way differently too their combos are like nothing the same almost lol.

Besides Nu isn't even in the game as a character out side of unlimited lambda.
Or the supposed DLC Nu coming out.

I'm so down for this. DAY 1 for the PAL release!!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Eh... Wow. I am getting this, but not really all that hyped, even if I keep hearing Bang is O SO STRONG now. (I still don't know WHY, I just know he has a new super?) There are many things I like in BB, but just as many that rub me the wrong way.

That DLC girl has the sleaziest outfit I've seen outside of Doujin fighters in a while, lol. (That's saying a lot, coming from a KoF fanboy!) Why do we still not have Jubei as a playable character, or Taokaka-trained-by-Bang? :lol

Very interested in seeing how the DLC chara idea works out. Yes, it's something I've wanted to see happen to a fighter since DLC showed up, and I think it's a nice alternative to incremental updates for fighters.

I'll definitely be buying the game, hope to get more hype nearer to it's release ^_^

Top Bottom