• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boaters find kitten swimming 3 miles offshore in Gulf of Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doth Togo

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...tten,0,4402822.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Associated Press
Posted July 9 2004, 9:37 AM EDT

ST. PETERSBURG -- When Maggie Rogers spotted something bobbing in the water three miles into the Gulf of Mexico while on a scalloping trip with friends, she assumed it was a turtle, or a piece of sea kelp.

But as the boat got closer and slowed down, she found it was a tiny, apricot-colored kitten. Nine inches long and screaming at the top of its lungs, the cat was paddling furiously.

"We scooped him up and he sat on the boat with me for eight hours,'' said Rogers, who is the finance director at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.

"He was exhausted and stressed,'' Rogers said. "His heart rate was high.''

The boaters on the 17-foot Scout Current Drift did not know how the kitten arrived in the Homosassa Bay. There were at least 40 boats in the crowded area where he was found, they said.

On Tuesday, three days after he was found, a veterinarian found the 10-week-old, 1-pound kitten had worms, but was otherwise healthy.

He was adopted by Rogers' sister-in-law and named Nemo.

Copyright © 2004, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Miguel

Copywrite Infringment...!
FindingNemo2.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Doth Togo said:
The boaters on the 17-foot Scout Current Drift did not know how the kitten arrived in the Homosassa Bay. There were at least 40 boats in the crowded area where he was found, they said.
The boaters don't have very strong deductive capabilities, do they?

Doth Togo said:
MetatronM said:
"Well, at first we reckoned that the kitten was from one of them thar boats.. Then Roger Jr. there pointed out that kittens can't drive boats. So's we suppose his airplane dun crashed."

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
MetatronM said:

yeah, I was hoping it was just a poorly written article.

TaleSynz

Felidae_Khrall said:
"Well, at first we reckoned that the kitten was from one of them thar boats.. Then Roger Jr. there pointed out that kittens can't drive boats. So's we suppose his airplane dun crashed."

Your joking !!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I am a life-long cat hater... but I would have probably adopted it if I had found it in this way.

Crispy

I saw a cat getting run over today, it was really awful. I immediateley ran towards it, but it's guts were all over the place...it was so sad. The worst thing is, the other three people waiting for the bus clearly saw it happen and they didn't even take notice, they just went on with reading and sending a textmessage. I called the pet-ambulance and they went to collect the dead cat... :(

It really shocked me especially since our cat has been missing for six weeks now, maybe this happened to her too... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom