• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob Weinstein 'Heading Back' To 'Scream 4,' 'Spy Kids IV 3-D' And 'Halloween III 3-D'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Bob Weinstein 'Heading Back' To 'Scream 4,' 'Spy Kids IV 3-D' And 'Halloween III 3-D' And Then Some
But wait! There's more! Studio head Bob Weinstein issued the pronouncement: "I'm heading back to my franchise films," as reported by Variety. The plan on paper calls for a veritable blitzkrieg of sequels, many of them in 3-D.

The most stunning news relates to the much-talked-about "Scream 4." Series star Neve Campbell had previously stated that she wouldn't be back for more. According to Weinstein, Campbell will return, joining already-confirmed castmates David Arquette and Courteney Cox. What's more, director Wes Craven is in talks with The Weinstein Co. to helm.

The studio will also partner with Disney for a fourth "Spy Kids" movie. Robert Rodriguez will write/direct and the film will be shot in 3-D.

Plans for "Halloween 3-D" also continue, with an October 2010 release targeted. "Hellraiser" and "Scanners"(!!?!?!?!) sequels are also in the offing for 3-D treatments, and returns to "Children of the Corn," "Short Circuit" and "An American Werewolf in London" are also planned.

Wow. The clock just ticked past midnight here on the east coast and I'm having a hard time processing all of this. These are certainly ambitious plans, and Weinstein claims that the weight is there to back them up. He clearly states that "financing is readily available to produce and market these films" and that the studio is "committed to doing them in style."

I think I'm going to sleep on this one and leave the discussion to you night owls for now...
Worst lineup ever.

Weenerz

Banned
This company sucks and they wonder why they are so broke. Stop making shit people don't want. Spy Kids 4? REALLY?

Sean

Banned
I dunno, I sorta enjoyed the Scream movies. Mostly the original one but the sequels also had their moments imo.

Wouldn't mind a fourth one if they got the original cast back together. I'd probably wait to rent the DVD release though.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Not gonna lie, I'm excited for Scream 4. Especially if it goes back to being scary. 3 was a bit of a joke, but that was the point to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom