• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boo Capcom!! (SFAnniversary)

ElyrionX

I assume this is the first time you ever bought a Capcom game? Almost all of Capcom games have shoddy manuals. DMC1. DMC2. CvS2. MvC2.

The only exception that comes to mind is Viewtiful Joe.....

ourumov

Curious...The PAL Hyper Street Fighter II had a very nice manual. That's what you pay for getting two awesome games in a 30$ package !!!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
ElyrionX said:
I assume this is the first time you ever bought a Capcom game? Almost all of Capcom games have shoddy manuals. DMC1. DMC2. CvS2. MvC2.

Oddly enough, Nintendo seems to require a color manual of Capcom. What's odd about that, though, is that many PS2 titles seem to have color manuals as well...but Capcom NEVER EVER provides one. I just don't get it.

At least this situation is still way better than during the Dreamcast days. We always got shitty disc art and almost NEVER got color manuals. I think only like 2 or 3 of my DC games have color manuals...whereas at least half of my 100 PS2 titles include color manuals.

shoplifter

ElyrionX said:

No, I'm well aware that they scrimp on every damn title here in the states (LoC anyone?) but it sure would have been nice to open that manual up and see color for what is supposed to be a 'celebratory release.'

It IS nice to see that I can buy the full color STRATEGY GUIDE!!!1! for $20 though. Never mind that these games are between 5 and 12 years old, so those are all but useless if you have any clue. At least it comes with an OST disc.

Soul4ger

ElyrionX said:

And the PS2 version doesn't even have a color manual! Ha ha ha ha ha!

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
The Gamecube Mega Man Anniversary Colection manual is in color. Does anyone know what the PS2 version is?

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Kobun Heat said:
A color manual is like #128 on the list of what should have been done with SF:AC.

100% wisdom in this post.

Number 1 on this list - a fucking pause menu to change your fucking buttons!!!!!

Number 5 - change soundtrack version from the pause menu

Keep dreaming - Street Fighter Alpha 3 versions of the characters.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Gah, I just bought this, and NOW you warn me of the 128 flaws of irritation??

What else is wrong?

boutrosinit said:
Number 1 on this list - a fucking pause menu to change your fucking buttons!!!!!.

That's surprising considering that such a menu was present in virtually all the other versions of SF that I have, mostly PSX and DC stuff. Didn't CVS2 have one?

Why would they stop now?

Soul4ger

JJConrad said:
The Gamecube Mega Man Anniversary Colection manual is in color. Does anyone know what the PS2 version is?

B&W. I complained about this after it came out, since I wanted all the content, AND the color instruction manual.

Ferrio

Banned
boutrosinit said:
Number 1 on this list - a fucking pause menu to change your fucking buttons!!!!!

OK got the game, now what are you smoking. A button change option is in the pause menu.

Brandon F

Strangely it isn't available in versus as far as we could tell this evening. Single player it is for both games however...

Ferrio

Banned
Brandon F said:
Strangely it isn't available in versus as far as we could tell this evening. Single player it is for both games however...

Works in SFII but not SFIII, of course it didn't in the DC version either.

Brandon F

I could be wrong, but weren't there 10 pages of director's edit toggle switches in the DC version? Or was there just 7 like in the PS2?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I don't understand, why do you want to change your buttons?

hiryu

This game is a breath of fresh air. The image quality on SF3 is so much more superior than the DC version that I couldn't stop grinning. The sprites looks amazing. Also, I don't remember SF2 being so damn difficult. I feel like a scrub when playing SF2. I have my ps2 hooked up with component cables.

LakeEarth

I missed SFII's cheap AI. I mean, is it possible to throw two sonic booms in a row (meaning half a second between each throw)? Or just bust out a flash kick after walking forward a few steps. Is there some trick I don't know, or is it just the AI cheating again?

boutrosinit said:
100% wisdom in this post.

Uh, this exists in both HSF2 and 3S.

Keep dreaming - Street Fighter Alpha 3 versions of the characters.

I think you mean you want a Alpha Collection disc released. Why would they mix Alpha characters and SF2 characters in HSF? It just wouldn't really work. At least SF2-SSF2T keeps the same gameplay intact. Alpha characters just wouldn't work.

Brandon F said:

Uh, yes, the button config option is in versus.

Anyway, I broke down and bought SFAC for PS2, and paid for the Xbox version. I was fucking pissed those Nuby Tech controllers weren't released with the game. I wanted to grab a couple until I decided what I was going to do for the Xbox version, and they are going to be pretty cheap anyway. Want to get a stick if there are any decent solutions for the xbox, that don't use a converter, by the time SFAC comes out. The PS2 pads are fucking horrible. Whoever thought it was a good idea to split up the d-pad should be shot.

Cerebral Palsy said:
Want to get a stick if there are any decent solutions for the xbox, that don't use a converter, by the time SFAC comes out.
When I find a solution that suits me, I'll let you know...
The PS2 pads are fucking horrible. Whoever thought it was a good idea to split up the d-pad should be shot.
...provided you retract this statement.

ArcadeStickMonk said:
When I find a solution that suits me, I'll let you know...

Please do.

...provided you retract this statement.

Never! Well, I guess the d-pad isn't all bad. I'm getting my gamer's thumb back from our intense all day 3S/HSF2 session yesterday. Today blisters, tomorrow a barrier of dry, hard skin encasing the tip of my left thumb. Finally back after all of these years.

Top Bottom