• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boong-Ga Boong-Ga: Arcade game w/ plastic buttocks you spank, finger to win toy feces

Neiteio

Is anyone familiar with this gem? I first read about it in EGM long ago, in a Seanbaby article called "The Nine Naughtiest Games" (iirc). I decided to look it up and I was curious if anyone on GAF knows anything about it.

Boong-Ga Boong-Ga:

Wikipedia said:
Boong-Ga Boong-Ga (Korean: 붕가 붕가, Japanese: 浣腸ゲーム kanchō geemu), also known as Spank 'em, is an arcade game developed by a South Korean company, Taff System. It is the first arcade game to simulate kancho, a children's prank popular in Japan where the victim is poked with two fingers in the anal region while distracted.

The game received infamy on the internet in 2001 for a badly-translated advertising flyer that promoted the game's peculiar spanking and kancho oriented gameplay. Boong-Ga Boong-Ga was reportedly designed for the Japanese market, and according to advertising material was well received at the 2000 Tokyo Game Show.

The object of Boong-Ga Boong-Ga is to score points by spanking or performing kancho on a model of a human posterior embedded in the game's cabinet. A plastic finger is attached to the machine for players to perform the latter.

The game features eight characters players can punish: "Ex-Girlfriend", "Ex-boyfriend", "gangster", "Mother In Law", "Gold-digger", "Prostitute", "child molester" and "Con-artist". During gameplay, the facial expression of the chosen character is displayed on a monitor.

The game also dispenses cards that rate players on their "sexual behavior", and for players who perform exceptionally well the machine will dispense a small plastic trophy in the shape of a pile of feces.

Boong-GaBoong-Ga.jpg

Wow. Just wow...

So, are we gonna kickstart a remake or what?

Toppot

I thought the title was some sort of misinterpretation or mockery. I should of known the Japanese were behind it...

Still, getting rated for my sexual behaviour sounds great!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Was I the only one that assumed the creation of this thread was the result of ThunderMonkey finally going over the deep-end?

GhaleonQ

I would just thrust it, screw that "spanking" shit
YUNOGUY4realz 11 months ago

But, yeah, ex-Ziff-Davis staff bring it up, but it doesn't seem like it was a huge deal. Not a lot of Korean material is coming up for me when I search its name. Other that, I'll just say that it's definitely representative of that country's video game industry at the time.

Neiteio

I want a Boong-ga Boong-ga sequel that explains why I'm inserting my finger in people's buttholes. Who is the mysterious anal-poker that is our avatar, anyway? Slap "Origins Revelations" on the title and call it a day.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh, the annual Boon-Ga Boon-Ga thread. It's actually been perfectly emulated in MAME now for about six months, although it's nigh on impossible to actually play due to the weird nature of the controls. It's also decidedly uninteresting without an actual pair of plastic buttocks to molest - but what isn't?

Top Bottom