• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 4 Could be Announced Soon, says Gearbox CEO

Draugoth

Gold Member
GToYs8JWUAAPk6j.jpg%3Alarge

Randy Pitchford, head of developer Gearbox, says we're not going to have to wait forever for an answer to that question.

“I haven't been perfect at hiding the fact that we're working on many things, and that we're working on big things," Pitchford tells GamesRadar+. "I’m confident that our fans are going to be very, very happy with the next video game project when we are ready to announce it. And I will tell you that we’re not going to be making people wait for a long time before we announce it.”

Pitchford teases that an announcement about the next Borderlands film could come "before the end of the year. We'll see. Maybe sooner." He also adds that "I have the biggest and best team that I've ever had working on what we know is exactly what our fans want from us - so I'm very, very thrilled. I can't wait to talk about it! I wish I could just gush right now because we've got so much to say!"

Source

SHA

If that was on Xbox show it'd definitely make other games look worse.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Whilst Randy Pandy Pitchford is just pitching it to us, get it get it? :messenger_beaming: I do love Borderlands despite its numerous issues with dialogue etc. So fingers crossed for this one. I thought the gunplay of 3 was good.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I struggle to care.

I tried that wonderlands and wow, that script writing makes BL3 seem good

Last edited:

SSfox

I had 1800h in B2.

B3 got boring already at 5 hours. Then I heard Sweet baby was involved. It all make sense I guess. I have no expectations for the next game.

Unfortunately I think all of the USP's for Borderlands, it's art style, humour etc, worked well at first but have aged poorly, the core gameplay loop is solid but it will need a complete stylistic reboot for me to be interested. But given they are probably going to announce this around the movie release, which doubles down on the art style and humour, I can probably guess where this is going.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Coincidentally I'm playing BL3 on switch right now.

I'm excited about their new projects. I'd prefer them releasing Wonderlands 2 before BL4 though. I can see gearbox working on the melee features to further improve its mechanics. Both triggers should be used for melee in Wonderlands , and not the thumb stick.

While Wonderlands is a bit too LGBTQ imo, the overall levels design and themes are really good, above Borderlands. Not too big, no vehicle and also memorable and fun to walk through and explore. 10/10 game

Power Pro

Whilst Randy Pandy Pitchford is just pitching it to us, get it get it? :messenger_beaming: I do love Borderlands despite its numerous issues with dialogue etc. So fingers crossed for this one. I thought the gunplay of 3 was good.
This is something I think a lot of people just forget. Despite the issues the series has had, it's still one of the most fun out there. Even as a single player experience, I've had a lot of fun with all the games in the series. I prefer their method for adding content also...just give me DLC I can buy. No seasons, no dailys. Just content I can play at my own pace and pay up front for.

While not the best version of the game obviously, I think that version is still damn impressive it looks and runs as well as it does.

Last edited:

Vyse

Gold Member
Seriously. 2 was one of my most played games. 3 never really hit for me. Hope they can get back on track for 4.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

I'm excited about their new projects. I'd prefer them releasing Wonderlands 2 before BL4 though. I can see gearbox working on the melee features to further improve its mechanics. Both triggers should be used for melee in Wonderlands , and not the thumb stick.

While Wonderlands is a bit too LGBTQ imo, the overall levels design and themes are really good, above Borderlands. Not too big, no vehicle and also memorable and fun to walk through and explore. 10/10 game
Ruined by Ashly Burch and Wanda Sykes nonstop yapping the entire time.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
While not the best version of the game obviously, I think that version is still damn impressive it looks and runs as well as it does.
Definitely impressive and it surprises me that there is couple people online. While there are no communication, you can still greet doing the usual squats up and down lmao

MiguelItUp

Gearbox's one trick pony, it's only a matter of time before it is. Hopefully it'll be better than 3, which seemed "fine" to a lot of the fans, rather than real good.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I own all of these games and have yet to finish one. Jokes on me I bought them (at deep discounts) but these games wear think on me quickly. I keep hoping they'll turn them around and be less grating but they haven't yet.

RaptorGTA

The Borderlands movie comes out August 9th so I’d be shocked if they don’t capitalize on the opportunity to announce a new game around then.

Yea, announce around the time of the movie release. Also have all games discounted to pick up sales.

God I LOVED B1 and B2. Would love B4 to be good but I have no faith.

as much fun as i once had with this series, I can't really think of a game i could possibly be less interested in. it's like a dead horse that's been kicked so often, there's nothing left of it...

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
sheesh i cant wait to be preached between missions and guilt tripped by a bunch of privileged first worlders who engage in performative virtue signaling at my expense and using me as a prop.

Oh wow... after the last one... I am looking forward to seeing where the story will continue.

And this is just what we needed. A colorful, quippy, looter shooters with a wacky cast of roguish rebels. The market is currently devoid of that.

End our suffering, Randy. Please end it.

Last edited:

ZehDon

They better have some new writers and a formula shakeup - zany shooters are a dime a dozen, and Borderlands 3 just wasn't good enough.

Top Bottom