• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boris J. threatens Italy: Give us access to EU market or you'll sell less prosseco

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does your foreign security talk to other countries with such disrespect and lack of understanding...?

Because for years it worked for him as a gimmick that made him appeal to the public. This was a man who boasted of how, at London 2012, the UK would win enough gold and silver to pay the debts of Spain and Greece put together (or something like that, I forget the exact quote). And honestly? At the time, I actually found that pretty amusing. It seemed mostly harmless banter.

Now he's bringing that 'banter' to actual international politics and oh god he thinks he can argue his case because of fucking prosecco.

theaface

Has anyone figured out why Michael Gove looks like someone put a baby in a suit and toupee yet? He's really upsetting for me to look at.

Was this the particular baby you had in mind?

giphy.gif

Comments on Robogove aside, I do wonder when (or if) there will ever come a tipping point in the stupidity of this government. A point at which it gets as bad as it is ever will, and we can start a slow and painful process of picking up the pieces. I'm sure we will still shoot ourselves in the foot and leave the EU, but it's as fascinating as it is depressing to see just how far the blind act of self-sabotage will take us.

On a semi-related note whilst pondering Boris's latest gem, it suddenly occurred to me that I didn't know who our Deputy Prime Minister was. Feeling a bit silly, I thought I'd look it up pronto...

https://www.gov.uk/government/ministers/deputy-prime-minister

Oh goody.

Was this the particular baby you had in mind?

giphy.gif

Comments on Robogove aside, I do wonder when (or if) there will ever come a tipping point in the stupidity of this government. A point at which it gets as bad as it is ever will, and we can start a slow and painful process of picking up the pieces. I'm sure we will still shoot ourselves in the foot and leave the EU, but it's as fascinating as it is depressing to see just how far the blind act of self-sabotage will take us.

I think unfortunately the question really is 'if', and that 'if' has to be something where, in the blind rush to appease Leave voters, it picks a course of action that even those most fearful for reelection cannot abide. What that is, I'm honestly not sure, given how much - even a basic clarification of what is the legal course in this country - can be swept under the rug of 'sovereignty'.

liquidtmd

Banned

For this quote alone

I am prepared to take the economic hit or to secure the economic benefits of not being inside the single market

He should be fired and not put anywhere near a position that affects policy at National, Local or Toddler group level ever ever again.

He is prepared to take the economic hit. What about us poor fuckers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom