• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Breaking Bad" - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
omfg yes!

i just got season 1 on DVD although i had already seen it on demand in 2007 (i think it was 07... the only good thing charter communications ever did for me!) and loved it. watching it now with my gf so she can get caught up and i can refresh my memory. does anyone know when the first episode of season 2 will be re-aired? i dont want to spoil season 1 for her by watching the first ep of season 2 before she's finished with it

Mindlog

They're not messing around. Things are going downhill really fucking quick :lol

surprisenberg is pleased

FrenchMovieTheme said:
omfg yes!

i just got season 1 on DVD although i had already seen it on demand in 2007 (i think it was 07... the only good thing charter communications ever did for me!) and loved it. watching it now with my gf so she can get caught up and i can refresh my memory. does anyone know when the first episode of season 2 will be re-aired? i dont want to spoil season 1 for her by watching the first ep of season 2 before she's finished with it

probably one or two more times tonight and then additional liberal screening throughout the week

*yahoo update http://tv.yahoo.com/breaking-bad/show/40954/upcoming;_ylt=Au32D0HFC.BClcWx23BwUfAbqdEF

Juice

Man, this thread reminded me of how badly I want to go back and finish up season 1. What an ingenius show this is.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I just watched through most of the entire first season on cable On Demand today (watched the pilot last night). It was off to a slow start, but I knew I wouldn't be disappointed by the end, and I wasn't wrong. Really great show and Bryan Cranston is fucking perfect.

great start to the new season. and you were right about it getting worse before it gets better.... like that time chief wiggum got his tie stuck in the hot dog rollers at the kwikie mart!

Foxix Von

Holy... Oh... MY GOD O_O

I'm so glad this is back on tv.:D

I can't even remember the last time I was this engrossed in a tv show!

VQ

big_z

fucking awesome episode, i can't wait for next week! i was surprised they kicked things off the way they did, i thought the tuco deal wouldn't turn to shit until later in the season.

i was happy that they aired the episode 3 times back to back so i could watch the fox animation stuff too. now to figure out what time it really airs at before next week.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Ouch, seems there is almost no going back after this episode.

If they get away unscathed, everyone will suspect them in a way from now.

M3wThr33

Banned
God DAMN I forgot how much I loved this show.

The webisodes were just put up on the PS3 to download in 720p, so I watched those all before watching tonight's ep.

Fucking Tuco. FUCKING TUCO.

I just got my 2nd cable box working again tonight so this is able to record without fear. I'd go nuts if I missed this.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Unbelievable episode. Completely and utterly inconcievably awesome. There is simply nothing on TV better than this show. Not even Dexter can stand in its magnificance. Wow. Brilliant. Untouchable. Perfection.

Speculation spoiler:
Wouldn't it be awesome if they were on the lamb for a few days as Tucos health slowly deteroiates after having taken the ricin? I hope that's how they do it but this show is so unpreditable.

I'm really worried about Walt and his family, but I'm more worried about the writers.

The way they're playing it -- no holds barred -- they can come out looking like geniuses, or they can seem devastatingly idiotic.

Awesome episode; amazing show.

MickD

I really hope they don't go over three seasons. It's just too good, but he must die sooner or later

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
good to see they are killing off that Tuco storyline quick.

Other shows would've dragged that out for a season.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Is the first season uploaded anywhere? (legal) as in Hulu or does AMC host it? If not I'll have to acquire it myself

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Cornballer said:
AMC has the S2 season premiere on their video page, but I don't see the S1 episodes anywhere. They only have clips on Hulu.

That sucks, AMC needs to get on the E-Train. I ran into this issue with Mad Men (wanted to get into it). Guess they want people to still buy physical DVDs.

IIRC, they lose a fair amount of money on Mad Men and Breaking Bad because the ratings are low, so they try to recoup some of that money via dvd sales.

Decent numbers last night, too. Good to see that there are more people tuning in this year. :D
TVbytheNumbers said:
Breaking Bad premieres higher
Posted on 09 March 2009 by Robert Seidman

The second season premiere of AMC’s Breaking Bad averaged 1.7 million viewers Sunday. Like a bonehead, I neglected to ask what the season one premiere garnered, my bad — but I will follow up and see if I can find anything out. If so I will update this post comparing the two premieres directly.

Other info directly via AMC:
AMC said:
- Breaking Bad’s premiere episode, last night at 10PM, secured a 1.2 HH rating and 1.7 million total viewers

- Over 40% increase over Season 1 average viewers (41.6%). (Breaking Bad Season 2 10pm premiere total viewers =1.7 Million vs. Season 1 average total viewers at 1.2 million)

- Regarding demos: Males 18-49 increased 50% when comparing BB season two premiere (613,000) verses the first seasons average (410,000)

- Adults 18-49 increased 36% when comparing BB season two premiere (929,000) verses the first season’s average (682,000)

- The demo growth supports how AMC originals, by design, are delivering very different audiences.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
D4Danger said:

Haven't seen the episode yet, but that's good to hear. He was kind of a goofy, obnoxious character.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
D4Danger said:

did we watch the same episode?

Blader

I just watched the pilot the other day, based on all of the good things I've been hearing and the fact that Bryan Cranston is awesome. It was really good, I'm going to try and get through S1 quick so I can catch up with the rest of you guys.

I've been looking for a really good TV drama ever since The Shield ended, and this looks like it could be it.

daw840

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Just watched episodes 1 and 2 of season 2. AWESOME. Holy shit. Can't wait to watch episode 3.

Oooo. How did you watch episode 2?

Don't fucking tell me what happened either ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom