• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Nintendo news! (thread title only slightly misleading)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Just found out Nintendo is holding a teleconference tomorrow morning at 10:30 ET for "breaking news."

The weird part is there was only a couple hours notice given.

Speculate away!

skip

it's true. I got the same e-mail. it's a teleconf with reggie, george harrison, and perrin kaplan.

GDJustin

Meier said:
Why hallo thar buttsekz (aka the DS).

That was my initial thought, but if that were the case why wouldn't they have set this up and informed the press like a week or two ago?

GDJustin

The other thing that makes me think it might not be the DS is that it shouldn't be a secret. Why couldn't they just SAY the teleconference is for DS details? This leads me to believe they might say something they don't want anyone knowing anything about ahead of time.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
GDJustin said:
That was my initial thought, but if that were the case why wouldn't they have set this up and informed the press like a week or two ago?

Most likely because Sony will be announcing PSP's offical price, so they can release their price. If you give Sony two weeks' notice, they could most certainly push their press conference back, etc. It's just a chess game.

Alcibiades

yeah, DS thing is set for October, no?

It's probably to formally annouce something medium-sized "news", equivalent of announcing the GCN Mario Party mic, the bongos, or something...

maybe it's a pre-order deal for Echoes or RE4 or something like that...

the real big deal is gonna be October probably...

can you guys post the e-mail?

GDJustin

skip said:
I figure they wouldn't bring in the three big marketing heads for anything less than DS info.

Revolution launching june 2005!

Nintendo Going 3rd Party!

Seriously though, I don't see why the press con being about DS details would have to be a secret.

snapty00

Banned
Whatever it is, it'll be nice hearing it from people who fluently speak English for once. Even if they're vague, at least what they're saying won't be in riddles.

That, and the fact that George Harrison should've been NOA's president/chairman years ago.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
This is Stealing Thunder 101 - take the wind out of Sony's sales. The MS "we're on schedule with Xbox 2" is also a poor attempt at that too.

I remember last time this happened, all the fanboys lined up to expecting the return of the Megaton, and all they announced was the Nintendo points system and a new Donkey Kong game (Konga) etc.

Watching the angst of some of the members *cough* Oli *cough* was amusing, to say the least.

AniHawk

IAmtheFMan said:
I remember last time this happened, all the fanboys lined up to expecting the return of the Megaton, and all they announced was the Nintendo points system and a new Donkey Kong game (Konga) etc.

Watching the angst of some of the members *cough* Oli *cough* was amusing, to say the least.

Actually, I'd enjoy a Nintendo points system in the States. The only thing closest to that is the Super Smash Club, which was started by a Gamestop employee and big Nintendo fan (he runs all sorts of Nintendo contests). Donkey Konga turned out to be alright afterall too.

But as far as big announcements go, I thought the huge DS reveal was supposed to take place in October.

AniHawk said:
Actually, I'd enjoy a Nintendo points system in the States. The only thing closest to that is the Super Smash Club, which was started by a Gamestop employee and big Nintendo fan (he runs all sorts of Nintendo contests). Donkey Konga turned out to be alright afterall too.

But as far as big announcements go, I thought the huge DS reveal was supposed to take place in October.

Oh, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It was just very amusing to see threads where expectations kept building and building to the point where anybody reading it would've expected nothing less then a presentation where FF, DQ, MGS, went Nintendo exclusive interspersed with pics of Yamauchi squatting over Ballmer and Kutanagi's desk taking a wet crap, and it turning out less then what was expected.

I like hearing what Nintendo has to say, but I approach it more with a cautionary attitude. :)

AniHawk

IAmtheFMan said:
I like hearing what Nintendo has to say, but I approach it more with a cautionary attitude. :)

Oh, so do I. Sorry for misinterpreting your post. Ever since Megaton, I've been much more cautionary (and pessimistic) as well.

Alcibiades

AniHawk said:
Oh, so do I. Sorry for misinterpreting your post. Ever since Megaton, I've been much more cautionary (and pessimistic) as well.
yeah me too, basically I don't buy anything slightly major...

I knew that E3 flyer was fake when this forum was exploding, you'd think instincts would be skeptical after the Megaton incident.

You mean we have less than 12 hours? Man, Nintendo's going to make us work hard for this one. Okay everybody

START THE HYPE

I think it could only mean a merger with SEGA, Apple, and Starbucks. Anything less would equal total doomnation.

DMczaf

8529.jpg

Nintendo bought the rights to develop Chaos in the Windy City 2 for Gamecube.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Mike Works said:
You mean we have less than 12 hours? Man, Nintendo's going to make us work hard for this one. Okay everybody

START THE HYPE

I think it could only mean a merger with SEGA, Apple, and Starbucks. Anything less would equal total doomnation.

Don't worry GAF will not dissapoint :D

edit: i'll contribute too. DS uses VoIP and the service is completely free, including calls to regular phones.

Mike Works said:

START THE HYPE

OOOoO! The revolution makes Coffee and has a detachable IPOD!!! SOLD!

AniHawk

Mike Works said:

START THE HYPE

You're wrong. Every Gamecube is now going to come with its very own Shigeru Miyamoto.

ge-man

This conference will have little to nothing to do with the GC, so I think Zelda is out of the question. More than likely we are going to get the final details on the DS. It will be interesting to see where Nintendo is aiming for with the msrp.

My guess is just a focused conference on Donkey Konga and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. I'm sure some DS will be thrown in but I just can't see DS news ever coming about. Nintendo's done this crap before. They're always a cock tease with the news.

Top Bottom