• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Britney plans a Kabbalahbabbalahmchabbala wedding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Gere needs to kick the crap outta all these Kabbalahbabbabaabaa people, how can they be convinced that giving the church 20% of your income is a good idea?

Greekboy

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
Richard Gere needs to kick the crap outta all these Kabbalahbabbabaabaa people, how can they be convinced that giving the church 20% of your income is a good idea?

Isn't he too busy with his pet gerbil?

aoi tsuki

Drinky Crow said:
It's called tithing, and many churches require it. Most at least strongly encourage it.
It's been ages since i've been to church, but last few i went to never required it, only asked for those who could to give.

i might start my own religion.

i'll call it shiggiddyshwah.

and you have to give me 50% of your earnings otherwise men in pantyhose head-garments visit your home at night.

this could work.

The funny thing about this so-called "Jewish" religion Madonna and Britney Spears are practicing is that the way they're practicing it is not acknowledged by any learned or real Jew. Basically, they're in on a trend started for and by rich people.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
This Kaballah shit is getting out of hand,i have seen old people talking to tomatoes and a pile of bolts because they were supposedly alive too,this is too fucking stupid.

Not to mention all Jewish Organisation distance themselfes from those Kabalah thiefs

Can anybody fully explain this Kaballah crap and why its sucking in half of hollywood? And is it violent enought that there will be a religious holy war in Hollywood where the Scientologist and Kaballah factions take up arms to fight for the right to get money from celebrities?

ConfusingJazz said:
Can anybody fully explain this Kaballah crap and why its sucking in half of hollywood? And is it violent enought that there will be a religious holy war in Hollywood where the Scientologist and Kaballah factions take up arms to fight for the right to get money from celebrities?
It's just a trendy bullshit thing based on ancient Jewish mysticism.

Yeah, this particular version of Kabbalah is just a Hollywood bastardization of an already dubious (but intellectually fascinating at least) ancient esoteric tradition. By the way, elements of Kabbalah have been used in a lot of recent books, movies, TV shows and video games like Foucault's Pendulum, Pi, Evangelion, Xenogears, etc. to lend a sense of occult mystery to the story.

Have you heard of that weird cult out of Japan that requires a certain amount of income out of it's devotees? All they get is like some plastic crap and instructions printed in little manuals on how to worship them through the television. Starts with a "N".

But the kABBAlah should have been more popular in the 70's so it could have enticed Swedish super-group ABBA to don the red string for a wedding like no other.

abba.jpg

Mermandala said:
But the kABBAlah should have been more popular in the 70's so it could have enticed Swedish super-group ABBA to don the red string for a wedding like no other.

Fuck you, now i have dancing queen stuck in my head, that's a catchy fucking song.

MASB

ConfusingJazz said:
I think there's a good chance the world would become a better place if such a conflict ever took place. I bet John Travolta becomes a tiger when he hears of Kabbala cutting into Master Hubbard's revenues. ;)

I wonder how anyone can follow Scientology. I remember reading that Hubbard said, before he created Scientology, that the easiest way to get rich was to create a religion. And then a couple of years later, he did!

In a world...

where fake religions pop up and take half of Beverly Hills, where Hollywood boulevard becomes a warzone with roving members of new age fundamentalists, you have to learn how to manipulate celebrities and get the most money possible. This summer, prepare for...
Crappy Ass Religion to Get Somebody Rich IV: Kabballah Strikes!

The funny thing about this so-called "Jewish" religion Madonna and Britney Spears are practicing is that the way they're practicing it is not acknowledged by any learned or real Jew. Basically, they're in on a trend started for and by rich people.

Hey, Christianity started out the same way 2000 years ago. If it wasn't for wealthy patrician Romans trying out the latest exotic religious fad from the Middle East, Christianity may have died out by now. Or at least not be the world's largest religion. The learned Jews weren't too fond of it, either.

Our ancestors in a thousand years could be seriously devoted to this Kaballah bullshit.

Hournda

Kabbalah isn't even a religion. It's supposed to be the "inner mystical teachings" of the torah and you can't practice "kabbalah" without first practicing regular Judaism. What Britney, Madonna, et. al. are doing is just a bunch of hokey nonsense. If they really wanted to do kaballah they should convert to Judaism.

Nintendo Ate My Children said:
Hey, Christianity started out the same way 2000 years ago. If it wasn't for wealthy patrician Romans trying out the latest exotic religious fad from the Middle East, Christianity may have died out by now. Or at least not be the world's largest religion. The learned Jews weren't too fond of it, either.

Our ancestors in a thousand years could be seriously devoted to this Kaballah bullshit.

IAWTP. Christianity was 2000 years ago, nothing more than a sect.

NLB2

Banned
otheranthony-ns said:
i might start my own religion.

i'll call it shiggiddyshwah.

and you have to give me 50% of your earnings otherwise men in pantyhose head-garments visit your home at night.

this could work.
That would be great, and instead of calling you a priest or something like that, it would be Don Anthony.

But seriously, why bother? The government already does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom