• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broken GBA SP what to do ?_?

AoiSatan

Something fell on my gba sp and see the result:

brgbasp.jpg

T_T

so now i'm wondering if that can be fixed ? or at least if there is any place that buy
broken gba....

I'd seriously wait for the DS if I was placed in that position. And I have no intention of buying a DS right now. :/

shibbs

Err, you dropped a frinkin bowling ball?

But does it still work? (the screen that is). You can get a new screenlayer but if you dont
get anything on screen anymore, youre doomed me thinks.

AoiSatan

shibbs said:
Err, you dropped a frinkin bowling ball?

But does it still work? (the screen that is). You can get a new screenlayer but if you dont
get anything on screen anymore, youre doomed me thinks.

Yeah the screen still work fine, how much for a screenlayer anyway ?

shibbs

Well, i heard that if you mail Nintendo about it they'll send you a new one. Dont really know if thats true, ive never tried it.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Geez, I have difficulty believing that the LCD would be functioning properly after that or at least have a bruised spot. If the LCD itself is damage, you may as well buy a new/used one, if it's just the plastic protective layer, you can try getting a replacement through Nintendo, that failing there's third-party solutions that can be found at a variety of import shops.

AoiSatan

Well yeah i didnt even know it was broken until now since it was closed when it happened.
It must have hit the back of the gba sp so that's why its still working...Anyway i'm calling nintendo customer service right now.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Well, I wish you the best of luck and hopefully it's something that can be resolved inexpensively. I'd probably have withdrawl symptoms if my SP was broke. ;)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
shibbs said:
Well, i heard that if you mail Nintendo about it they'll send you a new one. Dont really know if thats true, ive never tried it.
1 year warranty, no questions asked. I sent in my original SP a month before my warranty expired because of a dead pixel (absolute lower left hand, therefor no annoyance) and they sent me a completely brand new one. A brand new one within three days of getting it shipped free from an authorized dealer and I'm on the other side of the country. Nintendo easily has the best warranty of any company I've dealt with.

NEVER BUY USED NINTENDO PRODUCTS, THE 1 YEAR WARRENTY IS BETTER THAN ANY SHITTY 3 MONTH ONE YOU GET AT RANDOM GAME STORE.

AoiSatan

TekunoRobby said:
1 year warranty, no questions asked. I sent in my original SP a month before my warranty expired because of a dead pixel (absolute lower left hand, therefor no annoyance) and they sent me a completely brand new one. A brand new one within three days of getting it shipped free from an authorized dealer and I'm on the other side of the country. Nintendo easily has the best warranty of any company I've dealt with.

NEVER BUY USED NINTENDO PRODUCTS, THE 1 YEAR WARRENTY IS BETTER THAN ANY SHITTY 3 MONTH ONE YOU GET AT RANDOM GAME STORE.

Bah! my Warranty ended last May... anyway the best solution is to buy a new one and keep the old battery as backup. I'm sure there will be price drop when the DS comes out so i'm waiting.

Top Bottom