• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broken Sword 2 The Smoking Mirror: Remastered |OT| (iOS & PC/Mac)

SmokyDave said:
Nice, I'll be grabbing this to go with the first one (which I bought 6 months ago and still haven't played yet).
Yup, I'm in the exact same spot as you. Still need to play the first, will buy the second. :lol

Radogol

http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/Revolution+news/news.asp?c=25880

Still, even for fans, there's only so much excitement to be gained from replaying classic games of the past.

The good news then is that Revolution is working on three new original titles, and not just in the adventure genre, although one continues the Broken Sword series.

It's too early for Cecil to give away any details as the first game won't be released until the second half of 2011 though

Uhh... Is that an announcement of Broken Sword V?

EDIT:

Oh boy! From Revolution Forums:

It is our aim to do a proper 2d bs5.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
5? I didnt even know there was a 4...

I enjoyed the remastered version of the first game on the ds. Looking forward to getting this on the pc. I thought the story of the first went downwards towards the end, but I liked the atmosphere.

Reknoc

Not as good as the first but still an excellent game.

Hope they fix the boar on zombie island and the torch near the end which if I remember right could totally mess up.

Coop said:
I didn't play 4 but it looked awful. I don't think we are missing much.

4 is apparently better than 3.

Another Broken Sword along with Beneath a Steel Sky 2 have been unofficially announced for a while. Good to see it getting a mention though.

I never have finished BS4, it took me long enough to get it working reasonably with the shitty computer I had at the time. It seemed cool though, will have to get back to it at some point.

I really would love to see a 2D BS again though although I don't know how practical it is these days with Revolution only consisting of a few people at most. I imagine they'd have to outsource alot of stuff like they did with BS4.

mandiller

A 2D broken sword 5? Sign me the hell up!

I've played all the broken swords, and while the 3d games are crap compared to the first two, broken sword 4 is better than 3.....except for the ending where it just seems like they ran out of money and had to end it somewhere.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Holy balls I can't wait for this. I nearly started playing it on PC early last week. I must have KNOWN.

Reknoc said:
4 is apparently better than 3.

It really bloody isn't. 3 was a bitch to control, and has far too many bloody box puzzles, but I still enjoyed it. I just found 4 a painful experience from start to finish.

Glad to see that BS5 will be 2D though. That's pretty much the only way they could have enticed me back. Please not another new voice actor for Nico though, please!

Quick update, Tony over at the Revolution forums has said they're hoping this will be up on the app store next week. Just waiting for it to get approved it seems.

randomwab

randomlyrossy said:
Quick update, Tony over at the Revolution forums has said they're hoping this will be up on the app store next week. Just waiting for it to get approved it seems.

Isn't the App Store closed after this week for a few weeks over the holidays?

:(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
PS1 one still the superior one.

E-phonk

Banned
randomwab said:
Isn't the App Store closed after this week for a few weeks over the holidays?

:(

Not the app store, the developers portal...

iTunes Connect will be closing for the Holidays this year as well, which means no new apps or app updates between December 23 through December 28. Hey, even scrupulous app review board needs a break for the Holidays!

While iTunes Connect (the developer portal for the App Store) will be closing, the App Store itself won’t. The only party this temporary lull on the part of Apple will affect are developer’s trying to submit new apps, or submit updates to pre-existing applications.

Haunted

randomwab said:
6i9x1k.png
exactly. :lol

Yoshichan said:
PC one still the superior one.
fixed.

Revolution have put up a trailer, which I'm added to the OP. It's essentially the same trailer from when the game was first released, which is also itself just the intro cutscene.

The game is also due to go up on the App Store tonight apparently.

Cactus

Banned
I was about to buy this from Steam until I realized that they still don't have the remastered version for sale yet.

Does anybody know if the game will still be released on Steam? I guess I'll just buy it from GOG

Cactus said:
I was about to buy this from Steam until I realized that they still don't have the remastered version for sale yet.

Does anybody know if the game will still be released on Steam? I guess I'll just buy it from GOG

I saw this question asked on their Facebook page and the response was that it has been submitted to Steam, they're just waiting for a release date from them. It shouldn't be too long now.

StuBurns

Banned
I was hoping this bump was for the release date on Steam, that's what I'm waiting for.

The second game is weaker, but I love both, can't wait for 5.

Yoshichan said:
PS1 one still the superior one.

I'd definitely agree with that when it comes to the first game. I haven't played the remastered version of the second yet, but I got the remaster of the first one for the Wii and was left sufficiently underwhelmed. One of the factors that proved most bothersome was that there was less stuff to interact with. The dev actually took away things that you used to be able to observe. I couldn't help but notice this as a hardcore BS fan and it felt like blasphemy! The iconic intro of the original was totally defaced as well. Well...fucked up more like.

So I finished BS2 in three play sessions. I personally don't understand why it gets bashed so often. Even tough I didn't think it was as memorable as BS1, the story was cool, humor is still there, and puzzales are fine.

I'd rank it a little under BS1.

Top Bottom