• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bumpy Trot. Irems new PS2 game...

This was announced at TGS but it didn't get much attention with all the PSP talk going on.

screen_10b.jpg

screen_11b.jpg

screen_12b.jpg

screen_13b.jpg

screen_14b.jpg

screen_15b.jpg

tgs_ir08.jpg

Trailer:

http://www.bumpytrot.com/bt/download/movie.wmv

http://www.bumpytrot.com/

1Ups preview:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3135003

After reading up on it, this is my most anticipated game for next year. Both R-Type Final and Disaster Report have gotten US releases so this one will too hopefully.

jarrod

Banned
Reminds of Tail Concerto... with people! Looks fun, hopefully it makes it's way to America (Agetec? Atlus? Natsume? Mastiff? Get ready guys).

belgurdo

Banned
Some games need to stay in Japan...

The setting is cool though. I can't say that I've even seen the Japanese do a "boozy Southern highway town" before. But that song they're playing through the movie is teh suck

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Oh, now people want to talk about Bumpy Trot.

For all the demo's neatness - and there's a lot of neat stuff there - the mechanical design is so, so sexy that I can't help but harbour a guilty wish that they'd just made it a shooter, like a beached In The Hunt set in the Wild West.

jarrod

Banned
Soul4ger said:
Speaking of Tail Concerto, CyberConnect2 needs to get off its ass and make it already.
Seconded... what have they been doing wasting their talent on 2nd rate Naruto fighters and crap episodic RPGs? Time to get with it CC2, bring back Waffle!

WarPig

jarrod said:
Seconded... what have they been doing wasting their talent on 2nd rate Naruto fighters and crap episodic RPGs?

Making decent money's probably what they've been doing. Too bad, really. I could stand some more Silent Bomber or whatnot.

DFS.

WarPig

GDJustin said:
Sweet, A techno western.

Well, it's not really a western -- it's set during a kind of pseudo-Industrial Revolution, so it's more of an urban adventure. Kind of a light-hearted steampunk thing, I guess.

DFS.

Soul4ger

WarPig said:
Making decent money's probably what they've been doing. Too bad, really. I could stand some more Silent Bomber or whatnot.

DFS.

Don't you try making sense, sir.

Remember a couple years back when they released that Tail Concerto art on their website? Damn, I had my hopes up so high...

CyberConnect2 is currently hiring staff for an RPG "Project GU." ferricide and I have speculated that name's read "gee-yu" or "jiyuu," the Japanese word for "freedom." So there you go.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
"Bumpy Trot" What a great name, I can't wait for this game. The enviroment and the backdrop are also very enjoyable.

Ha ha nice to see some Tail of Concerto fans, I swear I thought I was the only one.

MrSingh

irem forced show nuff and I to watch the bumpy trot trailer when we went to see the zettai zenmetsu toshi II trailer.

oh the pain.

Top Bottom