• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King's apple pie is the ambrosia of the gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
apple_pie.jpg

Oh heavenliest of heavenly treats.

Been a fan since I was but a mere child and my mother introduced me to this delicious slice of euphoria. Always so soft, so creamy, so deliciously sweet.....

homer.gif

Anyone else just looove these things?

evil ways

WTF!!? Apple pies at all my local Burger Kings are just a deep fried, Hot Pocket like rectangle. Still good though.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Wellington said:
apple_pie.jpg

Oh heavenliest of heavenly treats.

Been a fan since I was but a mere child and my mother introduced me to this delicious slice of euphoria. Always so soft, so creamy, so deliciously sweet.....

homer.gif

Anyone else just looove these things?

IAWTP

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I never tried Burger King's apple pie. The local McDonalds only has baked apple pies; are fired apple pies gone now? :(

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
all of our burger king's closed down, please no more bk love.. its crushing my spirit

The best were the old school McDonald's Cherry Pies. Holy jesus, those were frigging delicious. Why doesn't McDonald's bring those things back? Cherries cost too much? Not enough profit margin?

NLB2

Banned
dude, ambrosia = food of the gods. when you say ambrosia of the gods you're basically saying food of the gods of the gods...

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Whataburger has the best apple pies ever.. I dont even like apple pies, but I will eat two every time I go there.

Tis a shame there arent more whataburgers out there, tis a great chain.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I had already caught a lot of flack for the title.

Go to google, type define ambrosia, click the first link. There are multiple entries defining it as a food stuff. I didn't want it confused with that other stuff.

a mixture of nectar and pollen prepared by worker bees and fed to larvae

fruit dessert made of oranges and bananas with shredded coconut

A dessert of chilled fruits combined with coconut. Oranges and bananas are the most common fruits used. Ambrosia may also be served as a salad.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Idle Will Kill said:
Never had the apple pie, but their Hersey chocolate pie is scrumtrilescent.
I love that word "scrumtrilescent" but I forgot where it came from, would you remind me?

XS+

Banned
kpop100 said:
In Japan, the McDonalds still fry the apple pies.. mmmmmm mmmmm goooooood biiiitch
...Wait, McDs US doesn't fry their pies anymore WTF?

Man, McDs fried apple pie and ice cream cones.. like an orgasm without the messy cleanup.

lordmrw

FortNinety said:
When I worked at a Burget King in high school, I used to eat about 12 pie slices on the side. And no, I'm not fat.

I worked at a Burger King for 2 years in high school, and at some point during the day I would make myself a Double whopper with cheese and bacon. Usually did it when I worked the broiler, so I could easily hide it. Oh, and all the employees and managers would eat the chicked tenders at every opportunity. They didn't mind, so long as you didn't eat them to the point that they're constantly waiting for an 8 piece.

apple_pie.jpg

That first pic (copied here to illustrate my point) reminds me of something I read once in an article about advertising photography.

In order to photograph a "perfect" piece of pie for an ad, a photographer will pick the most attractive slice from among dozens. He will them carefully gut it, removing the filling and replacing it with a wedge of styrofoam. He'll then sort through a pot of apple pie filling and pick out the most photogenic apple slices. These are attached to the styrofoam pie wedge with toothpicks or pins to build the perfect slice of pie. The slice is then carefully lit and photographed.

Think about that when you order one at Burger King and it looks like a pile of mush that someone sat on, as you contemplate flying into a Michael Douglas "Falling Down" rage.

Xenon

If you live in the chicagoland area and like apple pie, you NEED to go to Petersons in Oak Park and try their hot apple pie topped with cinnamon ice cream. After first tasting it I went back 5 times the same week.

Petersen Ice Cream CO
1100 Chicago Avenue, Oak Park, IL 60302
(708) 386-6130

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
RIGHT NOW AT MY HOUSE IN MY REFRIGERATOR is AMBROSIA.. and DAMN IS IT GOOD...

It is Mandarin oranges/Pineapples/Walnuts/Marshmallows and something else, but it is damned good

I am the AMBROSIA KING

Brofist

Just for the sake of this thread, tomorrow I will get a McD. fried apple pie and take a picture of that bitch before I eat it :p

Thumbs down to fried appple pie at mcd's I ordered one in some ghetto neighborhood, what I received was not expected :(. Baked apples are definately better.

XS+ said:
...Wait, McDs US doesn't fry their pies anymore WTF?

Man, McDs fried apple pie and ice cream cones.. like an orgasm without the messy cleanup.

They haven't for years. They have this baked apple pie which is kinda like what you would expect wax fruit to taste like if you cut it up and served it at 85 degrees.

The old school fried apple pies had to come in about a soul stealing 250 to 300 degrees.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Slick_Advanced said:
It would take about 10 minutes to up the management chain but, I'm sure they would maybe do it.
Thanks, next time I got to Mcdonalds I am going to demand my baked apple pie to be deepfried.

I just had BK for the first time in ages today. I forgot how huge the classic chicken sandwhich is. The fries are excellent. The pop was watered down to nothing. Sometimes I love fountain pop, but today it was just bleh. I won a free whopper through the Spider-Man promotion which I may or may not redeem this week. I hate those contests where you have to choose a box to scratch. It would suck if you chose the wrong box, scratched the other one and found out that you could have won a Sony Grand Wega or some shit. That is all.

XS+

Banned
Slick_Advanced said:
They haven't for years. They have this baked apple pie which is kinda like what you would expect wax fruit to taste like if you cut it up and served it at 85 degrees.

The old school fried apple pies had to come in about a soul stealing 250 to 300 degrees.
McDs US is dead to me :mad:

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
NLB2 said:
dude, ambrosia = food of the gods. when you say ambrosia of the gods you're basically saying food of the gods of the gods...

Aside from what I had mentioned above, if you notice, the topic title reads "is the ambrosia of the gods". Stating full well that I do know the stuff is from the gods, and that this is indeed the ambrosia of legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom