• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout 1 & 2 Sales Data?

Who cares if he could pay the extra $50? He didn't want to, had no need to, and seeing Burnout and Burnout 2 on the Cube he probably figured any future games in the series would show up there as well.

Don't blame the consumer for a company deciding to cut off support for a system.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Deg said:
Out of the PAL versions it was the smoothest and load times were in a different league.

Well, the PAL version must have been completely different...because the US version had the worst framerate, worst effects, and lacked prog-scan (so did PS2, but it looked and ran much better on PS2). It felt like a super cheap port...

The loading was good though, but not as fast as the PC version (obviously).

scola said:
They should have verified that everyone who was going to play it had Live or their PS2 online since it was so integral to the experience. No online you can't purchase it. Buy a gamecube kiddy.

I would believe in that except that from the lastest comments it seems that the game is lacking in the online department and its really good in single player/multiplayer off online.....go figure

wazoo

80% of Burnout2 sales come from Europe where online is a joke.

Burnout3 is cancelled for Gc because of lack on online plan on GC.

Does not make sense.

pilonv1

Here you go boys, dry those tears.

tissue.jpg

Mr Gump

Banned
wazoo said:
80% of Burnout2 sales come from Europe where online is a joke.

Burnout3 is cancelled for Gc because of lack on online plan on GC.

Does not make sense.
Reading these posts make me think the game was made by sega.

ge-man

Burnout not being on the GC has NOTHING to do with online. I don't think it even has a lot to do with sales (GC is still getting NFSU for example, so I don't think EA has a problem publishing racers on the GC). Like ourumov said earlier, Alex Ward and co are just not that interested in supporting Nintendo systems. They are very close to Sony these days.

That's really the bottom line, but you won't hear that from Criterion.

cvxfreak

kpop100 said:
He couldn't afford the extra $50 to buy a console with much better racing games?

It was back during the launch prices, that's why. He's also a huge fan of Sonic, so that should tell you a lot.

Agent X

Bluemercury said:
I would believe in that except that from the lastest comments it seems that the game is lacking in the online department and its really good in single player/multiplayer off online.....go figure

On the contrary, Burnout 3 has a vast array of online modes, lets you use your accumulated online rewards to beef up your garage and track selection for offline play, and is extremely fun to play as an online game.

Nice try, though!

jarrod

Banned
Meier said:
It's funny because there's at least a solid 200k broadband adapters/modems out there for the GC which is only 1/5th the Xbox's online community... and for essentially 1 game.
I'd imagine it's closer to 300k... and all for a pay to play game at that.

Top Bottom