• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout and Dragon Ball Z: Budokai join GC Player's Choice line

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
The original Burnout and the original Dragon Ball Z: Budokai get the yellow stripe, and are now part of Nintendo's Player's Choice line. MSRP is the usual $19.99. Enjoy.

215959.jpg
233128.jpg

Did Burnout do that well to warrant the status? And curious it coming out when part 3 is... for the other systems that is.

Matt

snapty00 said:
Will the new boxart for Burnout continue carrying the "Acclaim" logo?
Well yeah, they are still the publisher for Burnout 1 and 2, even if they aren’t for 3.

cvxfreak

I wonder how much Budokai on GC sold... I thought it was poor which explained the absence of Budokai 2. Then again, it was stupid of Atari to bring out Budokai to GC when Budokai 2 was already out. >_>

jarrod

Banned
Worldwide, Budokai likely sold 300-400k on GameCube (I think it was 230k or something in the US alone)... not bad at all. Atari was flirting with releasing B2 on GameCube this summer but decided not too for some reason... they also canned Driv3r, so they were likely scaling back GC content at the time (last fall, before GC's price dropped comeback). Personally, I think they should release Budokai 3 on all platforms, MK/SC style and reap increased sales from every angle.

lordmrw

Budokai was actually around 330,000 or so earlier this year from what I remember. Talk about coming out of left field. It really sucks that we don't get sales figures from most US publishers.

Top Bottom