• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy 2 games, Get 1 free at ToysRus returning!!!

Megat0n

This was posted a few days ago so Im not sure if someone covered it but dealrush.com has apparently got the inside scoop and is reporting the sale returns on October 18th and 25th, here's what they have to say;

ToysRus Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sale information
http://www.dealrush.com/article948.html

We've received a ton of emails asking for information on the infamous ToysRus Buy 2 games, Get 1 Free sale so we thought we would catch you up on what we know so far. To view the story, click here or "Read more" below.

Please keep in mind that until it hits the papers, details can and may change.

Here's what we've been told thus far....

- Sale will again be broken into multiple weeks, with each consoles games going on sale for one week.

- Likely to run in October (17th and 24th are the likely dates, although the 31st has also been mentioned).

- Pre-order titles will again be excluded

- In-store deal should be for any in-stock title, Online will have a limited (but still impressive) selection of titles.

- Mixing and match will be allowed for any other titles also on sale that week.

That is the extent of the information available right now so start saving up and stay tuned to DealRush for further updates!

Saving up is right, last sale i think i ended up with 12-15 games so in one way im glad it's only ran once a year. What games will be on your list ?

Bowser

Wait, so can we mix and match? If yes:

Pikmin 2 + Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door + Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas = SEX.

AniHawk

Paper Mario 2 + Donkey Konga + Fable (Free)
Taiko: Drum Master + SMTIII + Phantom Brave (Free)
Under the Skin + Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland + Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (Free)

I've been meaning to pick up Kirby for a loooooooooooong time (as I was a HUGE fan of the original GB games). Now, if I remember to, I'll finally pick them up.

Link316

Banned
Bowser said:
Wait, so can we mix and match? If yes:

Pikmin 2 + Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door + Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas = SEX.

probably not, it sounds like it'll be like last year when the GC had the deal on its own week and we were only able to mix PS2 and Xbox games

AniHawk

Link316 said:
probably not, it sounds like it'll be like last year when the GC had the deal on its own week and we were only able to mix PS2 and Xbox games

Good eye. It'll probably be something like 17-24: PS2 & Xbox, 25-31: GC or vice-versa.

aoi tsuki

Too close to the proposed DS launch for me. Plus, i've gotten a lot of game from the recent sale (and CC and Target too).

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Is Jak II and Ratchet II going to be on the GH list by then? If so...awesome.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
"Is Jak II and Ratchet II going to be on the GH list by then? If so...awesome."

Since, the lowest priced game will be the free one, its not that awesome. Also, weren't these game already part of the 50% off clearance at TRU?

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Ratchet II was briefly. It wasn't in stock at my hometown or college's TRU though.

Jak II wasn't ever part of the deal.

Cathcart

AniHawk said:
Good eye. It'll probably be something like 17-24: PS2 & Xbox, 25-31: GC or vice-versa.

Yeah but last time you could buy a game in one week and trade it in for another the next. So it could still work.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Quick thought:

Will Donkey Konga be considered a hardware or accesory bundle (and therefore not part of the deal) because it comes with a set of bongos?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
My brother was able to return the two games he bought....not only that, but they gave him a cash refund. Haha, idiots.

Top Bottom