• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 - Multiplayer Reveal Trailer

I am all in on the beta :)

Really curious to see if Playstation still has the ability to turn crossplay off now that this game is owned by Papa Phil that wants everyone playing together

That's mandated by Sony in order for them to allow Crossplay in the first place, even Fortnite lets you turn off Crossplay on PS4/PS5.

jorgejjvr

Quick PSA

I pre-ordered the Xbox and playstation versions of bo6 on Best buy (online, digitally), and got 2 beta codes almost instantly to my email. I gave it to my buddies to redeem (I alright had one), and then cancelled both my pre-orders.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Quick PSA

I pre-ordered the Xbox and playstation versions of bo6 on Best buy (online, digitally), and got 2 beta codes almost instantly to my email. I gave it to my buddies to redeem (I alright had one), and then cancelled both my pre-orders.
Can do the same at a Best Buy for even $5.00 down

Branded

I'll get it but my gosh is this game ever expensive. Normal edition sits at 70eu and the "vault edition" or whatever sits at 110euro! Unreal.

I have Game Pass so I’ll just play it there. Never bought skins and never will. Plus it’s so fast paced who even has time to look at skins and models?

Only thing I care about is “Packet Burst” and server delay. I would gladly pay monthly to have perfect servers and a smooth experience. Some days MW3 is unplayable as it’s just constant stutter.

Also cheaters. Imagine how much of a loser you have to be to cheat in an online video game.

Branded

I'll get it but my gosh is this game ever expensive. Normal edition sits at 70eu and the "vault edition" or whatever sits at 110euro! Unreal.
Oh can I not edit my post? But I meant to say EIGHTY for the normal edition. Ridiculous.

I am all in on the beta :)

Really curious to see if Playstation still has the ability to turn crossplay off now that this game is owned by Papa Phil that wants everyone playing together
I don't mine playing with Xbox players, but I wish I could turn off the PC cross play, I run into waaaaay too many cheaters with PC players, but I enjoy playing alongside other console players.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
me watching this trailer

the-prodigy-keith-flint.gif
I'd be curious to know the percentage of people watching the trailer that know Prodigy!

twilo99

Gold Member
For the one who are moving from Steam to Gamepass I just downloaded HQ on GP and now I’ve got two instances of it.

CoD points transferred.
Blueprints/Skins transferred.
Gunsmith transferred.

Game settings and key binds did not transfer.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
For the one who are moving from Steam to Gamepass I just downloaded HQ on GP and now I’ve got two instances of it.

CoD points transferred.
Blueprints/Skins transferred.
Gunsmith transferred.

Game settings and key binds did not transfer.
I wish they would combine all the COD points and let me transfer between platforms

thatJohann

I wish the graphics were better and I’m prob not gonna play this but the soundtrack of the trailer brings me back to good times being born in 1984. Good trailer.

splattered

So the new area 99 warzone map is brand new? Seems like I saw people bitching that they were bringing back a bad map or something?

I wish Microsoft would copy Call of Duty's development cycles when it comes to Halo with 2 separate devs alternating game releases. Getting a new game every 1-2 years would be so nice. If you dislike one iteration just wait for the next one in shorter period of time. None of the, " well I really didn't like this game, guess I'll wait 5-7 years for the next one..."

twilo99

Gold Member
I wish Microsoft would copy Call of Duty's development cycles when it comes to Halo with 2 separate devs alternating game releases. Getting a new game every 1-2 years would be so nice. If you dislike one iteration just wait for the next one in shorter period of time. None of the, " well I really didn't like this game, guess I'll wait 5-7 years for the next one..."

Halo focuses heavily on its campaign, leading to a more standard development cycle. In contrast, Call of Duty's 12-month cycle for what is essentially an "AAA" title is quite unusual. It's hard to find another studio capable of such aggressive cadence..

Halo focuses heavily on its campaign, leading to a more standard development cycle. In contrast, Call of Duty's 12-month cycle for what is essentially an "AAA" title is quite unusual. It's hard to find another studio capable of such aggressive cadence..
It would just be nice to see what a different dev could do with the game and it would force 343 to get their shit together.

twilo99

Gold Member
It would just be nice to see what a different dev could do with the game and it would force 343 to get their shit together.

I agree, it would be great, but it’s such a big undertaking that I doubt they call pull it off.

In reality they can have id software and one of the Activision studios have a go at it on 2/3 year rotation.

Top Bottom