• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 won't be locked behind a new Xbox Game Pass tier

Sleepwalker

Messaging so off point there’s nothing else like it.
Microsoft when it comes to horrible PR

Lebron James Basketball GIF by NBA

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Has there been some announcement I missed that it won’t be in the lowest Game Pass tier?
No day 1 games on Standard ($15 p/m) from now on.

COD BO6 will now be available only on the $20 Ultimate plan for Xbox console players. So, yes, Microsoft has failed their promise and walked back on what they proudly committed:

"Upon launch, Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 will be playable on Xbox and PC for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, PC Game Pass, and Xbox Game Pass for Console members," a Microsoft spokesperson told Eurogamer earlier today.

It will now be locked to the Ultimate tier.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Half of this forum right now...

Video Game Disbelief GIF by Santa Monica Studio
Worth noting that the official Xbox website doesn't have any caveats in the statement, it just flat out says the game will be available day 1.

The best just got better.

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter
Hot Sauce Crying GIF by First We Feast: Hot Ones
Cracking Up Lol GIF
[/url]

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Last edited:

Rockondevil

No day 1 games on Standard ($15 p/m) from now on.
Can you link me the announcement to the no day 1? PM or here is fine. I seem to be struggling with the Google.

I thought it was case by case. I could have seen COD being the exemption as coming to standard tier late would be useless as it’s a nearly released game.

Edit: Disregard. No idea what I was searching haha. Found an article saying what you said.
Wild that though for some games. I get it for single player games for sure, but multiplayer is odd.

Last edited:
The shills are out I see to shit on Xbox once again, what a shock!

Let's look at the facts and it's quite clear Xbox are held to a higher standard probably because they offer by far the best deals to its customers.

Amazon has a tier system, Netflix also as do Disney and Whaddya know so do PlayStation 🤫 Xbox though, that ain't acceptable around Gaf, how dare they make money 😃

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Let's look at the facts and it's quite clear Xbox are held to a higher standard probably because they offer by far the best deals to its customers.

Amazon has a tier system, Netflix also as do Disney and Whaddya know so do PlayStation 🤫 Xbox though, that ain't acceptable around Gaf, how dare they make money 😃
Feelings Feels GIF by WE tv

How about commenting on Xbox's lies and remain on topic instead of pointing fingers on fellow forum members? 🤔

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

I take great offence at that. My pronouns are “counter-shill”

RaZoR No1

Technically Ultimate is not a new GP tier ...
aand if you still have console GP, you will still have access to CoD, too.
They just locked out some new users with a new tier, so they do not jump in CoD for cheap..

This way they did not lie, but still it is a dick move..

He's not paid to do that.
But you clearly are 🙄 as I said its all fanboys trying to find anything negative towards Xbox. Other companies do the exact same shit (business strategies change dynamically across the board so this is nothing that hasn't been done a million times before) price changes, what's offered to customers depending on the amount they're willing to pay etc.

In an ideal world everything would be free and we'd all live in peace but that ain't reality kiddo and everyone and every company has the right to make money, you know actually run a profitable business 🤔

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
But you clearly are 🙄 as I said its all fanboys trying to find anything negative towards Xbox. Other companies do the exact same shit (business strategies change dynamically across the board so this is nothing that hasn't been done a million times before) price changes, what's offered to customers depending on the amount they're willing to pay etc.

In an ideal world everything would be free and we'd all live in peace but that ain't reality kiddo and everyone and every company has the right to make money, you know actually run a profitable business 🤔
Summary: I'd rather bend over but can't speak anything against Xbox and Microsoft. 😂

DJ12

Yeah, Sony have a long history of paying shills. Rofl.

#SonyToo doesn't work in this instance, but don't let that stop you trying to snuggle up to Phil hoping to get noticed.

In an ideal world, Microsoft would've copied playstation plus exactly as it was without the nonsense of giving away all their shit on the subscription.

Then maybe every MS game wouldn't be broken on release, and their reputation in tatters.

This isn't Sonys fault, it's all self inflicted.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

GHDqqrd.gif

Top Bottom