• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for $39.99 at Target and Best Buy (12/27-1/2)

RBH

Target

PS3/Xbox 360:
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $39.99
-LEGO Rock Band - $29.99
-LEGO Indiana Jones 2 - $39.99

PS3/Xbox 360/Wii:
-Madden NFL 10 - $39.99
-NBA 2K10 - $39.99
-Star Wars: Clone Wars - $39.99

Xbox 360:
-Forza Motorsport 3 - $39.99

Wii:
-Mario Kart Wii - $39.99
-Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - $39.99
-Wii Sports Resort -$39.99
-Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage - $39.99
-Your Shape: Featuring Jenny McCarthy with Camera - $49.99
-Bakugan: Battle Brawlers - $29.99

Video Game Clearance - 50% off. Titles vary by store.
Shown:

DS:
-Guitar Hero Box Set - $42.48
-Indiana Jones - $9.98
-Imagine Boutique Owner - $14.98
-Spore Creatures - $14.98

Wii:
-Wario Land: Shake It! - $24.98
-Daisy Fuentes Pilates - $9.98
-The Conduit - $14.98
-X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $19.98
-Guitar Hero World Tour - $19.98

Xbox 360:
-The Godfather II - $14.98
-Cars Race O Rama - $19.98

PS3:
-Saints Row 2 - $14.98
-Sonic Unleashed - $9.98
-Smackdown vs Raw 2008 - $14.98
-WWE Legends of Wrestlemania - $19.98

Best Buy

PS3:
-Dragon Age Origins - $39.99
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $39.99
-MotorStorm: Pacific Rift - $19.99
-Guitar Hero: Smash Hits - $19.99
-Guitar Hero: World Tour (Game only) - $19.99
-Dragon Ball: Raging Blast - $39.99
-PS3 Bluetooth Headset - $39.99
-Driving Force Wireless Wheel - $29.99

Xbox 360:
-Left 4 Dead 2 - $39.99
-Assassin's Creed II - $39.99
-Buy XBOX 360 Arcade and save up to $60 on any one XBOX 360 game or accessory (Game or accessory $60 or below is FREE)
-12-Month Live Subscription Card - $39.99
-Rock Band 2 (Game only) - $19.99
-XBOX Live Vision Camera - $29.99
-Tritton AX 180 Headset - $59.99

PS3/Xbox 360:
-UFC 2009 Undisputed - $39.99
-Fight Night Round 4 - $19.99
-Need for Speed: Shift - $49.99
-Batman: Arkham Asylum - $39.99
-Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 - $49.99
-Madden NFL 10 - $49.99
-MX vs ATV: Reflex - $49.99
-Tekken 6 - $39.99
-Band Hero - $39.99
-LEGO Indiana Jones 2 - $39.99
-Prototype - $39.99
-Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $19.99
-The Bigs 2 - $19.99
-Bionic Commando - $19.99
-Brutal Legend - $39.99
-Rogue Warrior - $39.99
-LEGO Rock Band - $39.99

Wii:
-New Super Mario Bros Wii - $39.99
-Nerf 2: N-Strike Elite W/Scope - $39.99
-MadWorld - $9.99
-Let's Tap - $9.99
-Just Dance - $29.99
-Bakugan Battle Brawlers - $29.99
-Spore Hero - $29.99
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up - $19.99
-A Boy and His Blob - $19.99
-The Biggest Loser - $19.99
-AMF Bowling World Lanes - $9.99
-Wii Lightsaber Dueling Pack - $24.99
-Wii Rocketfish Charging Station - $17.99

DS:
-Bakugan Collector's Edition - $19.99
-The Princess and the Frog - $19.99
-Fossil Fighters - $19.99
-Drawn to Life: Next Chapter - $17.99
-SpongeBob's Truth or Square - $17.99
-Marvel Superhero Squad - $17.99
-Cars Race O Rama - $17.99
-Gardening Mama - $17.99
-Rhythm Heaven - $17.99
-DSi Case - $4.99
-DSi Rocketfish Starter Kit - $14.99

PC:
-Sims 3 - $29.99
-Aion - $34.99
-Dragon Age Origins - $39.99
-Outdoor Adventures - $9.99
-Spore - $29.99

credit: Strider Nemesis on CAG

-Prototype - $39.99

Why is this not cheaper yet?

-A Boy and His Blob - $19.99

Buy this game, people!

-Saints Row 2 - $14.98

My local Target currently has this clearanced on red sticker at this price. However, if you're a Best Buy Gamers Club member, you can get it for 5 bucks with a coupon. Which I did last night.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
No borderlands? I'm trying to get one of my friends to buy it, but he's cheap :(

Greg

I might bite on Madden... never had the cash at the time to buy it at launch, and I think I've played that Gamestop demo with full 5-minute quarters about 100 times - no joke.

Qwell

Ok so I just noticed the dates, this is an after christmas sale? Was there a leaked ad or something?

RBH said:
Bionic Commando - $19.99

I played the game with a friend earlier out of curiosity and I find this to be highly entertaining. I for one am not missing this opportunity to get this. Months late on my end but better late than never.

dralla

Buy XBOX 360 Arcade and save up to $60 on any one XBOX 360 game or accessory (Game or accessory $60 or below is FREE)

oh god that is beautiful. i was planning on buying an arcade and assassins creed 2 this week. [red rings]. now i will just wait.

RBH

Qwell said:
Ok so I just noticed the dates, this is an after christmas sale? Was there a leaked ad or something?
The ads for stores like Best Buy and Target leak beforehand on CAG every week.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Son of Godzilla said:
Hopefully people will understand by now that Call of Duty *always* goes on sale in December.

Too bad it isn't cheaper this time. World at War was on sale for $35 around the same time

DRock

I know my wife got me some of these games from best buy for xmas. If we go back to the store during the sale with the games and receipt will they give us money back?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DRock said:
I know my wife got me some of these games from best buy for xmas. If we go back to the store during the sale with the games and receipt will they give us money back?

Yes, but all you need is the receipt. And has to be within 30 days of your purchase.

DRock

Wario64 said:
Yes, but all you need is the receipt. And has to be within 30 days of your purchase.
Really, so I don't need the game with me? That means I can play before the sale :D

I'm going to save like $60.

Cowie

Wario64 said:
Free games? Okay Best Buy, you win.

I'm still wrapping my head around that one. So they dropped the price on those games in order to make them free with a coupon? Hell, didn't they just raise the price of saints row 2 ps3 to prevent that?

Whatever, no complaints. Free is free.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
No free games, Best Buy wised up finally. Free games with reward zone coupons...you had a good run.

Just to clarify what I'm talking about, Best Buy gives out reward zone coupons for their members (which is free to join) and sometimes games would be free after coupon because of a weekly sale. This has been going on for at least a year. Last week, Fairytale Fights was free for a day and I guess people abused it to the point where Best Buy finally took notice. Now the registers don't accept the coupons if the game is on sale, which is what it was suppose to do in the first place since the coupons always said not valid on sale items. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted

Blueblur1

RBH said:
Yes they do, as long as you have the ad in-hand of the deal that you want to PM.
Great! Thanks for the quick response. Target ran out of Lego Rock Band so I grabbed their ad and I'm going to the Best Buy that's almost right next door.

Phreaker

Yes, BB matched Target's price on MW2 for 360 for me. They only had the PS3 version on sale. I did have the Target Weekly Ad in-hand. I had BB gift cards and I picked it up along with AC II, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, an official PS3 headset, District 9 on Blu-ray, and the God of War Collection (was not on sale).

Picked up New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $40

If you guys are looking for a Boy and his blob, and dont want to use BB, Amazon has it on sale for $20 aswell

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Anyone know of a way it would be possible purchase Assassin's Creed 2 from Best Buy for 360, and exchange it for a PS3 version? Does Target/Wal-Mart price match a game price even if it's not specific to a console?

... anyways I'm a new Wii owner and can't wait to purchase A Boy and his Blob this week when I get back from vacation! :D And I guess I should purchaes New Super Mario Bros. I didn't like the DS version, but I suppose it's my duty as a Wii owner and lifelong Nintendo owner to purchase the game anyway...

falastini

Just did a quick search on amazon... It looks like they are matching prices, they even offer multiple platforms on some games like Ass. Creed 2.

Edit: ok I take that back... doesn't look like they're matching all the games

Top Bottom