• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can Charmed become any more vile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick Lachey being the central figure in the season premiere? This show has no shame. With this and their whimsical theme of the week I can't imagine why any sane TV exec would want this on their station and not Angel!

LakeEarth

It's called ratings... wait... no Angel had much better ratings...

It's called a fanbase... no again, wait.... Angel had a much larger fanbase....

It's called being stupid dumbasses!

Speaking of Rose McGowan does anyone know the name of the movie where she robs a store and decapitates the owner but his head keeps talking and then she gets naked and has sex with a guy in the tub while another guy watches throught the door and masturbates?

AeroGod

Die Squirrel Die said:
Speaking of Rose McGowan does anyone know the name of the movie where she robs a store and decapitates the owner but his head keeps talking and then she gets naked and has sex with a guy in the tub while another guy watches throught the door and masturbates?

The Doom Generation

On a side note, its one F'd up movie. Highly recommended to anyone who wants to see a gross of the wall sex "comedy", I use the word comedy lightly because its really "WTF" type humor.

firex

The only way Charmed could become more vile is if it was written by Joss Whedon and had the cast of Firefly!

That's it. Twice now I've popped the TV on and its been part way through. And I can never watch a movie I've never seen before without seeing it from the start.

LakeEarth said:
Still gets shit ratings, which just means what they are paying those two girls is too much.

Its crappy ratings, both Rose and Allysa get paid more than any Angel actor, and the series costs more to produce than Angel. Yet Angel gets cancelled, despite Sky saying they'd pay half of this seasons costs if another network would put up the other half, which means it'd been one of the WB's highest rated shows and their lowest costing show outside of reality shows.

Speaking of which, Sky has been so hurt by both Buffyverse shows being taken off that they're actually going out and making a show that's basically based on Buffy called "Hex". It has almost the exact same premise, young girl in school battling super natural forces. I'm looking forward to it even though I don't expect it to be nearly as good.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Angel ratings were not very good. In fact its ratings weren't even better than charmed. You people who think it got great viewship are mistaken.

I've read several reports that the majority of the time, Angel had higher ratings. It didn't always have it, but most of the time it did. It also recieved the biggest viewership boost out of the 2 last year (which is something that the WB wanted, but I guess they didn't want it that bad).

Past years angle had higher ratings but this year charmed beat angel nearly every week. However neither show does very well. Infact the whole WB has very poor ratings. I don't know how it can still exsist. Its most watch show REBA has never won its time slot dispite being the WB most watched show.

NM you are right about it beating charmed. However that doesn't change the fact that on average it gets significantly less viewers than Reba, Smallville, and 7th Heaven. None of which ever win their time slot.

That's not the point though. People are upset about it because Angel got cancelled despite getting better ratings, and getting a bigger ratings boost. It just doesn't make any sense.

The WB has never been a powerhouse when it comes to ratings, but their shows never cost that much to produce so they don't really have to be that much. They aren't paying millions of dollars out to actors like NBC, ABC ect.

LakeEarth

I'm not doubting that. I'm just saying, why would a struggling television station axe one of their top 5 rated shows... why would they seem to WANT to get rid of it?

They never got over being bitter about losing Buffy i'm guessing. It still doesn't make any sense to can a show that's giving you good ratings though. Their demographic actually started sliding after Buffy left.

Its not about how much you pay actors, because even the Price is Right a DAY TIME show gets more viewers than Angel nearly everyweek, and that show is dirt cheap to make. I am talking about everyday of the week it is aired, each day it does better than angel did that week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom