• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC plus is amazing. I'm always getting the 10k pc pts for every $50 every week. I got like around 100K+ now. Though, I'm still waiting for my 20k bonus from Cyber Monday last year.
I never get the spend $50 offer anymore, and I always spend around that much each week. :(

Sometimes I get the $100 offer, but I never spend that much.

jchung55

Hey do you guys know if the TCL 55" 4k smart tv is available in Canada? I saw people talk about it in the tv thread and I was trying to find it but no luck.

Lexxism

Hey do you guys know if the TCL 55" 4k smart tv is available in Canada? I saw people talk about it in the tv thread and I was trying to find it but no luck.
TCL 55P607? I don't think it is available in Canada right now. Probably have to wait a few months and see if they are going to bother bringing it.

Corey31

Anyone know if Amazon will bring applications for their credit card back soon?

Chase is planning to close the Canadian portion of their business and have been phasing out credit cards as their contracts with the various companies run out. They sold Sears as well as a few Chase-branded cards to Scotia a couple years ago and also closed down the Best Buy Reward Zone Visa.

The only one they have left that you can actually sign up for is Marriott Rewards Visa. Amazon is the only other one that is even active at all for current cardholders but I imagine that will change at some point.

Amazon will likely bring a new card out eventually once they get a partnership with another credit card company.

I was using a 2011 Samsung before, well calibrated, too.
The brightness and colours seem so much more alive, it's a bigger jump than the 1080p one was for me.

I'll give you that; HDR really does do cool stuff with lighting. Colours though I realize it's content specifc in implementation...haven't seen much yet outside of tech demos.

For primarily gaming, IMO, I would place near-equal consideration on input lag, contrast, and backlight uniformity. Forza Horizon 3 lighting looks stunning in HDR upscaled on 4k TV's, but the blur effects and colours also look incredible on a 1080p in Game Mode.

Basically goes from 10/10 graphics to 11/10 graphics :)

heard we getting a discord
tenor.gif

Alright! I've got the base of the Canadian Deals GAF Discord set up, quote this post for the link.

Suggestions are welcome & encouraged. Channels will be added/altered as we go.

MTC Factory Outlets sells refurbs, they're pretty good

https://mtcfactoryoutlet.com/product-category/gaming/game-consoles/

EDIT: oops too late lol

So I just ordered that Half-off Vita earlier today, but didn't get any confirmation email or anything. Are these guys just closed on Sundays or something?

Alright! I've got the base of the Canadian Deals GAF Discord set up, quote this post for the link.

Suggestions are welcome & encouraged. Channels will be added/altered as we go.

Wouldn't mind getting in on this

Dazzler

I was at Greek Day in Vancouver yesterday and Nintendo had a sizeable Switch tent on one of the side streets. About 10 console stations demoing Arms, Splatoon and Mario Kart. The thirst was real judging by the lineups

Jo-El

The Switch pro controller I ordered from amazon the other day shipped this morning and it appears I wasn't charged tax. Perhaps the dream isn't dead just yet!

killroy87

Watch this thread slow to a crawl now with the Discord. :p

Yeah, I kind of don't really see the need (or benefit) to splinter the conversation here into two platforms. Others might, but I know I won't be copying and pasting deals I see into both. Seems a bit pointless to me, but whatever!

Is it similar to Slack?

I've seen it mentioned but it was one of those "at this stage I should know, and now I'm afraid to ask" situations

I've never used Slack, so I couldn't tell you. If you ever used chats like IRC or Yahoo back in the early 2000s - it's similar but with more functionality and a bit more of a modern appearance.

Iced

My orders from Saturday morning on Amazon haven't shipped yet, but I have two pending charges on my credit card for them and neither have taxes.

Yeah, I kind of don't really see the need (or benefit) to splinter the conversation here into two platforms. Seems a bit pointless to me, but whatever!
From what I can gather, the Discord will primarily act in two ways:

1. Provide people with notifications of time-sensitive deals or sales. This could include the Switch going back in-stock, new amiibos getting put up, flash sale on Amazon, retailer glitch that may be fixed soon, etc. Those deals would still be posted here of course, but since you can't get instant notifications on your phone or desktop about those deals, you may miss out if you aren't checking the thread.

2. Give a space for us to talk more casually. This should remove clutter from the thread, and keep discussions in here a little more focused.

It's just an extension of the thread, not a replacement. This'll still be our main hub.

JDH

One benefit is I can use Discord at work while NeoGaf is blocked, that way I'm not using up all my data on my phone.

Which leads me to a question: any good cell phone deals for a new iPhone 6s or 7 with a plan that costs $65 or less in Alberta?

Dazzler

One benefit is I can use Discord at work while NeoGaf is blocked, that way I'm not using up all my data on my phone.

Which leads me to a question: any good cell phone deals for a new iPhone 6s or 7 with a plan that costs $65 or less in Alberta?

The best deal right now is to try get a Quebec Koodo plan. There's extensive instructions on how to do it here - http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...o-get-the-Koodo-MB-QC-plan-anywhere-in-Canada

I'm in Vancouver and I've got the Koodo 6GB Quebec plan, with a BC number

killroy87

From what I can gather, the Discord will primarily act in two ways:

1. Provide people with notifications of time-sensitive deals or sales. This could include the Switch going back in-stock, new amiibos getting put up, flash sale on Amazon, retailer glitch that may be fixed soon, etc. Those deals would still be posted here of course, but since you can't get instant notifications on your phone or desktop about those deals, you may miss out if you aren't checking the thread.

2. Give a space for us to talk more casually. This should remove clutter from the thread, and keep discussions in here a little more focused.

It's just an extension of the thread, not a replacement. This'll still be our main hub.

Fair enough! I like the clutter here, I frequent this thread so much because I see it as a place to hang out, that also serves me deals. Personally, I still don't really see the need, but if it suits others for their purposes then that's great!

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Anyone interested in a Aqua Blue PS Vita/with a 16gb memory card and carrying case?

All brand new. I bought one from Japan and then found an almost new Ps vita 1000 on Kijiji.

I don't need two.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm in Nova Scotia, can ship.

Still at it trying to get Walmart to cancel my Crash pre-order; refuse to both via email support and calling them on the phone. Blah blah, can't after 30 minutes despite others here doing so. I guess I'll just return it to the store though, they would apparently rather spend money to ship it to me and waste an employee's time at the store than just cancel it!

Meanwhile I just spent 2 minutes on the phone closing a bank account this morning.

It's fucking harder to cancel a Walmart order than a bank account. Be warned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom