• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom registers ResidentEvil5.com

SantaC

Resident Evil progenitor and Nintendo champion of the Japanese third parties, Capcom has registered for a variety of domain names that indicate, at the very least, that the company is thinking ahead of the curve.

The domains for ResidentEvil5.com, ViewtifulJoe3.com, and Onimusha4.com have all been registered by Capcom. The reason to believe these are not mere placers and genuinely about something they know that we don't is because, back in May, Capcom confirmed that they were planning on sequels to said franchises aside from the ones currently in development. As well, none of the numbers after the aforementioned have been registered, thus eliminating the idea that this is purely protocol.

More on Resident Evil 5 and Viewtiful Joe 3 when, of course, it breaks. Granted, we've got plenty of time till then.

http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1090933909

KingGondo

Banned
In other news, EA registers trademark for Madden NFL 2006! :p

Really though, great news, although it's a bit surprising they have a new game in the works ALREADY. I hope we don't go through the same period of little/no change to the series that happened from 1 to Veronica.

KingGondo said:
Really though, great news, although it's a bit surprising they have a new game in the works ALREADY.
Registering domain names doesn't necessarily mean any of the games are actually in development. It can mean that Capcom has booked plans for these sequels when the others are complete.

As for Onimusha 4, didn't Capcom mention that the series will end with 3?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mr_Furious said:
Registering domain names doesn't necessarily mean any of the games are actually in development. It can mean that Capcom has booked plans for these sequels when the others are complete.

This is Capcom we're talking about

Wario64 said:
This is Capcom we're talking about
I know. I'm just saying that I doubt work on RE5 has already begun when RE4 isn't even complete. I'm sure it'll eventually materialize but overlapping development isn't very common (especially at Capcom).

Chrono

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
. As well, none of the numbers after the aforementioned have been registered, thus eliminating the idea that this is purely protocol.

Ok... what if I (or anybody...) register ResidenEvil6.com/net/org?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Chrono said:

I dont know, I guess they would try to buy it off you or something. Or they would be cheap and make it RE6 or Resident Evil Six. :p

Do It! Do It!

Mr_Furious said:

That was the story but now Inafune seems to have changed his tune slightly to Onimusha3 being the end of the Nobunaga trilogy.

If you beat O3, then you get an epilogue movie showing Hideyoshi Hashiba, from the first game, marching with his troops and speaking in a demonic voice, obviously setting him up as the next main villain.

Arcticfox

Chrono said:
You would be forced to give up the domain since cybersquatting is illegal, which is why Capcom hasn't already registered it. They see no reason to pay for a domain years in advance if they know the courts will give it to them anyway. This also means the Nintendojo editorial about this not being standard protocol is false.

Arcticfox said:
You would be forced to give up the domain since cybersquatting is illegal, which is why Capcom hasn't already registered it. They see no reason to pay for a domain years in advance if they know the courts will give it to them anyway. This also means the Nintendojo editorial about this not being standard protocol is false.

You answered my question before I even asked it. :)

RiZ III

They should leave Onimusha alone. Atleast for this gen anyways. Id love to see a sequel for it on one of the next gen consoles tho.

RiZ III said:
They should leave Onimusha alone. Atleast for this gen anyways. Id love to see a sequel for it on one of the next gen consoles tho.

On the one hand I agree. The next time I play Onimusha it'd be nice to be wowed by next-gen graphics. On the other hand, it'd be nicer not to have to wait for more Onimusha.

As well, none of the numbers after the aforementioned have been registered, thus eliminating the idea that this is purely protocol.
So it's not just protocol, because they registered a finite number of domains.

Given the response they're getting for RE4 and the change in gameplay. Capcom hoping for a big year, especially with RE4. I think its possible RE5 could be a launch game for the Revolution.

AniHawk

OG_Original Gamer said:
Given the response they're getting for RE4 and the change in gameplay. Capcom hoping for a big year, especially with RE4. I think its possible RE5 could be a launch game for the Revolution.

I don't know if Capcom's gonna keep RE Proper exclusive to Nintendo after the GC. If Nintendo really wants to make an impression though, RE5 at launch would be good for them.

AniHawk said:
I don't know if Capcom's gonna keep RE Proper exclusive to Nintendo after the GC. If Nintendo really wants to make an impression though, RE5 at launch would be good for them.

Yeah, I agree. If RE4 sells consoles and also a million seller, the possibility is even greater for a continued exclusive deal. Then you have to consider the benefits of going multiplatform.

OG_Original Gamer said:
Yeah, I agree. If RE4 sells consoles and also a million seller, the possibility is even greater for a continued exclusive deal. Then you have to consider the benefits of going multiplatform.

what beneifts of multi? Multi PS3 + R5 is a good thing. Anything Japanese on xenon is gay.

AniHawk

CrimsonSkies said:
"Anything Japanese on xenon is gay."

Whatever ya say there fanboy.

header_logo.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
CrimsonSkies said:
"Anything Japanese on xenon is gay."

Whatever ya say there fanboy.

It must be the truth if even CVXFREAK won't buy a Resident Evil game. ;)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to pretty much anything Capcom has coming our way. They have really turned things around. My only concern is about the future of the Viewtiful Joe series, I've just been getting this vibe that it might get stale. I LOVE Viewtiful Joe (hell I was playing the game not even 20 minutes ago) but VJ2 looks like more of the same with just another power added. Replay sounds cool enough, but maybe something like a rewind would spice things up. I don't know what else they could do with the game...but I just haven't been all that excited about VJ2. I'm still getting it, but I'm just not hyped. :(

Onimusha 4, bring it on. Bring it on with a more complex battle system, the options and badass laser whip of Oni 3, and the rpg elements of Oni 2. Bring it on hard, and bring it on fast.

Hell bring on Maximo 3 while your at it, more like the first game though.

AniHawk

Grizzlyjin said:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to pretty much anything Capcom has coming our way. They have really turned things around. My only concern is about the future of the Viewtiful Joe series, I've just been getting this vibe that it might get stale. I LOVE Viewtiful Joe (hell I was playing the game not even 20 minutes ago) but VJ2 looks like more of the same with just another power added. Replay sounds cool enough, but maybe something like a rewind would spice things up. I don't know what else they could do with the game...but I just haven't been all that excited about VJ2. I'm still getting it, but I'm just not hyped. :(

Onimusha 4, bring it on. Bring it on with a more complex battle system, the options and badass laser whip of Oni 3, and the rpg elements of Oni 2. Bring it on hard, and bring it on fast.

Hell bring on Maximo 3 while your at it, more like the first game though.

After a while, I'm sure there'll be Viewtiful Joe X and Viewtiful Joe Zero.

Not to mention the possible Viewtiful Joe vs. Mega Man.

cvxfreak

Grizzlyjin said:

Hahaha. I probably would buy a Xenon if there were RE on it... but with Xbox's terrible performance in Japan, I highly doubt it anyway.

Joe

i wonder how far down the line of development registering domains is. it's obviously very early on but i wonder what comes before it. have they started working on story boards? stuff like that. this is probably a next-gen re game also.

Top Bottom