• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
More posters:

1510774_1668173810106358_3533364073143499567_n.jpg

civilwar-promoart2.jpg

Pachimari

It sucks they can't use Scarlet Witch in their ad campaigns. It almost feels like, Sharon Carter is just a stand-in for Scarlet Witch on those materials.

Pachimari

It is still a mystery to me, why they almost don't use her at all, compared to the likes of Black Widow. Even Sharon Carter have more Civil War material than Scarlet Witch which seems weird.

Pachimari

But Ant-Man have been on other Civil War posters haven't he (I honestly don't remember)? The whole Scarlet Witch marketing has just been weird since Age of Ultron in my opinion.

Neoxon

Why can't they? They used her in Ultron posters:

Avengers-2-Age-of-Ultron-Scarlet-Witch-Elizabeth-Olsen-Poster.jpg
They can in stuff directly connected to the film (magazines, theatrical posters, trailers, concept art, etc.). But when it comes to merchandise & games, Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver are only allowed on a case-by-case basis. For example, when the multi-poster AoU concept art was sold, they couldn't include Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch in the bundle. But both Maximoff Twins were fair game for Lego Avengers.

Dominator

At work, looking at list of upcoming POP figures, get spoiled by something in the film.

FUCK.

Giant Man

I guess some of you mentioned this before but I was keeping clean :(

jmood88

At work, looking at list of upcoming POP figures, get spoiled by something in the film.

FUCK.

Giant Man

I guess some of you mentioned this before but I was keeping clean :(
Don't seek out information about promotional materials or keep up with production news if you don't want to know anything about the story.

guek

Banned
I'm starting to wonder if the Sokovia Accords will end up being the result of countries getting pissed at the Avengers for operating freely in countries without permission. Considering all Avengers operations are committed as a free, unsupervised entity, the fact that they don't have to answer to anyone would be a little unsettling.. They're powerful enough to impact millions of people with their actions. South Korea, Sokovia, the UK, South Africa, and the US would all have people that'd hate the avengers simply because they show up and wherever people get hurt for bizarre reasons like a Hulk attack or alien invasion(s).

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://comicbook.com/2016/01/07/russos-talk-captain-america/

Exclusive: Russo Brothers Explain Where Captain America: Civil War Starts

We asked the Russo Brothers exactly where do we find Captain America at the start of Civil War and how much time has passed since Avengers: Age of Ultron.

"We like to say that the amount of time that has passed in between films is the amount of time that has passed in the movies," answered Joe Russo. "So, it's about that amount time. We find Cap leading the Avengers. He's tutoring or mentoring Scarlet Witch in the beginning of the movie and bringing her into the fold. We find them on a mission at the start of the film. The effect that Ultron has had on everyone certainly is central to the storytelling of the movie. It's very strong. We're dealing with issues of collateral damage, imperialism, what rights do super heroes have to pursue villains across borders. It's very politically minded. Cap's dealing with all of that at the beginning."

Pachimari

Russos have just talked about their take on Spider-Man and it seems like they want to make it more realistic with our times and more grounded than earlier Spider-Man films have portrayed him.

For one, aunt May and Peter won't live in a very nice house at Queens. Anyway there's more info out there but again, I'm on mobile.

"Raimi's movies are fantastic. Spider-Man one and two are amazing. Two, is one of if not my favorite comic book movie of all time. But he made a very strong choice with those movies from a color palate standpoint to a costume standpoint, execution standpoint, camerawork standpoint to honor the feeling of the comic book. We're trying to honor the feeling of naturalism and to honor the feeling of reality. The harder we can pull these characters into reality, the better for us, especially because we're all so connected now through social media, the Internet.

More at comicbook.com.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can you please post more when you are on PC? That sounds like the Spider-Man I want.
Fuck, I will cry when Spidey is amazing in this movie :D

Sou Da

Russos have just talked about their take on Spider-Man and it seems like they want to make it more realistic with our times and more grounded than earlier Spider-Man films have portrayed him.

For one, aunt May and Peter won't live in a very nice house at Queens. Anyway there's more info out there but again, I'm on mobile.

More at comicbook.com.

Spider-Man one and two are amazing

Goddamn. Someone gonna make a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom