• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carl's Jr. continues meat-on-meat theme w/ French Dip Thickburger test in SoCal

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2014/11/carls-jr-testing-french-dip-thickburger.html

Continuing their penchant for putting meat on meat, Carl's Jr. is testing the new French Dip Thickburger in at least one location in Los Angeles County.

The burger was spotted by a reader out in Stevenson Ranch, CA. The French Dip Thickburger features thin-sliced roast beef, creamy horseradish sauce, and a slice of Swiss cheese atop a charbroiled beef patty with au jus for dipping.

If the burger makes it out of test, it would follow in the footsteps of other Carl's Jr. meat-on-meat burgers like the Philly Cheesesteak Burger and Memphis BBQ Burger.

A similar French Dip Thickburger was offered at Carl's Jr.'s sister chain Hardee's back in 2009.

zyvBlPk.jpg

Laekon

As soon as I read the location I was opening up Google maps. It's a little out of the way but I still might do it.

Wasn't a big fan of that cheesesteak thickburger they had a while back but I'd still try this since I do enjoy french dips. Hopefully they'll roll it out nationwide.

Laekon

Has anyone tried the Texas BBQ thick burger? Has brisket and jalapeño on it.

Calorie count on some of their burgers is crazy. 1250 for the 1/2 lbs size of the Texas burger. Probably a days worth of calories for a full size man once you add a small fry and coke.

jaydogg691

This is a LA exclusive? I drive by Carl's everyday and don't find this sandwich appealing. It's sad that a Stevensons Ranch person had to tell everyone about it.

Pastry

Banned
No I'm good. This while concept of meat on meat is gross as shit. And I say this as a Texan who likes meat.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I would eat that but I'm glad I live nowhere near a Carl's JR as that would probably also result in my destruction.

SyNapSe

I don't make it over frequently but I think Hardees/Carls Jr regular burgers are pretty tasty for fast food. I like the Frisco burger

These meat on meat monstrosities seem like too much though. I like that they give you a little cup of Au Jus.. how the hell are you going to dip that big burger

Akahige

I see ads on tv for this place atleast once a week and have never actually seen the restaurant, is it a west coast thing that for some reason has ads that play around here?

Carl's current promotion is the Mile High Bacon Thickburger. Can't watch tv without "like a g6" constantly blaring every commercial break.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't make it over frequently but I think Hardees/Carls Jr regular burgers are pretty tasty for fast food. I like the Frisco burger

These meat on meat monstrosities seem like too much though. I like that they give you a little cup of Au Jus.. how the hell are you going to dip that big burger

Just dump it on the burger and eat it. Your hands are likely gonna be a mess eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom