• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CarX Street Releases August 29 on PC

nikos

FAQ:

What's up drivers!

Thanks a lot for all your feedback on CarX Street for PC release date announcement and to follow it up, we'd like to answer some of your most popular questions.

Will there be cross-progression between mobile and PC versions?
We don't have such plans, but we are looking into our options for providing mobile players with special rewards for purchasing PC version.

How is PC version different from the mobile one?
First, we've completely reworked in-game balance for the PC version of the game: rewards were increased, so players could gain in-game currency the most comfortable way and there are no microtransactions in PC version.
Graphics will also be better: overall detail and quality, decals and anti-aliasing.
Additionally, the PC version will support not only controllers, but steering wheels as well. We'll share a list of such devices soon.

Will there be cross-play between PC and mobile?
We don't have plans to add this feature. For fair play purpose, PC players won't be able to play with mobile version players.

When should we expect the console version to be released?

We are working on it and according to our estimates, all base work will be done by the end of the year.

What are the system requirements?

Minimum

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.4 GHz / Intel® Core™ I5-8400 @ 2.5 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 TI 4 Gb / Radeon RX 570 8 Gb
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: Sound card compatible with DirectX® 9.0с
Additional Notes: SSD required

Recommended

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Ryzen 7 5800x @ 3.8 GHz / Intel® Core™ i5-10600 @ 4.1 GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 Super 8 Gb / Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 Gb
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: Sound card compatible with DirectX® 9.0с
Additional Notes: SSD required

Stay tuned for the news!

After years of delays, CarX Street is finally releasing on August 29th! This has been one of my most anticipated games, and I can't wait to finally play it. The delays were disappointing, but I feel like we're going to get a great game in the end. Their other games are really solid.

Last edited:

nikos

Gameplay trailer! The game looks incredible. Added it, and some more info, to the OP.

Last edited:

Stonebearer

Neo Member
Right! I also like the way users get audio from broadcasts and videos for engine sounds, the part where FH lost the most appeal for me, starting with FH4.

Calverz

I will keep an eye on this even though I’m not massively into modifying cars to that extent let alone that being a primary motive to complete races. But whatever man, as long as gameplay is good.

RaZoR No1

Will it be free 2 play like the mobile version?
If yes, alot of cars/ kits are behind a huge paywall.

it's pretty tough going back to locked down simcade's like Forza and GT after playing Assetto Corse with mods on PC. Infinite cars...

Having something like a GT Mode for Assetto Corsa would be soo awesome.

lem0n

Hopefully this is good on Steam Deck, seems like the perfect pick up and drift with the homies for a half hour type game

nikos

Looks like there's already two DLC listed for the game. No cost for either. We also don't know what the game will cost.

Interesting to see a closed circuit as DLC since this is an open road STREET game.

nikos

Should be releasing in an hour! I'm so hyped.

Of all nights to be tired, I happen to be tonight. Usually up late. Still going to check it out for a bit.

nikos

Does this have a singleplayer career mode? Also, still no pricing?

According to the description, a "complete storyline" is coming in the future. Here's what's supposed to be available now:

• Club races - challenge the bosses of various clubs across unique districts of the city. Show your skills and rise to the elite by taking on the toughest rivals;

• Freedrift rides - get maximum drift points in city parking lots by showing your skills in creating impressive and complex drift combos;

• Drift races - aim for the highest drift points on scenic serpentine roads. These winding tracks offer the perfect environment to sharpen your drift skills and push your limits;

• Sprint races - take part in high-speed sprint races through the city’s densely populated districts. Compete against time and other racers to achieve the best results in each race;

• Leaderboard mode allows players to compete for the top positions in the rankings. Participate in various races and climb the leaderboards. Track your progress, compare results with other players, and strive for the top to earn the most exclusive rewards;

• Complete delivery quests scattered across the city to transport cars and parts, giving you a deeper discovering of Sunset City;

• City exploration - discover the beauty of Sunset City, by exploring its various locations. Enjoy the open world, finding interesting places that await you around every corner.

Various multiplayer modes:

• Speed league – dive into thrilling online races and prove your skills by competing against five opponents. Are you ready to risk it all and put your car on the line for victory?

• Battle mode – engage in intense duels in circuit and sprint races. Show off your speed and agility on the road as you face off against other racers. Every race is your chance to prove you’re the best in 1v1 races.

• Chase mode – test your skills as you try to outrun a pursuer for over 300 meters. This is your chance to showcase your speed and strategic thinking against other racers.

• Maneuver through city traffic, conquer the mountain slopes in the skid and just enjoy the freedom of movement without limits with your friends.

Last edited:

Preseznik

Neo Member
Wasn't this supposed to be way more sim than something like FH?
I'm buying either way but I was hoping it was more of a wheel setup kind of game.

edit: just became available, bought it, will try after work

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

PSA:
The Deluxe edition is just 2€ more expensive and includes both dlcs.
The Standard version is without the Speedway and Deluxe Pack

Edit:
it looks like the Speedway Text is now missing on the deluxe Version ..

Last edited:

Bry0

Having spent the weekend on this, it does a lot of things well, but it also does some core things pretty meh and it really gets dragged down by that. (Weak sound design, poor sense of speed, handling is not terrible but still feels wonky and stiff, economy feels unnecessarily grindy, the AI is super inconsistent)

I really like that you can turn the traffic up and it’s quite dense, and the map is great, but the “fun factor” really died out pretty quick. At least it’s $20 so the price feels fair.

it’s just insane to me that midnight club or the black box era NFS still feel the best to play after 15+ years. Come on devs…

Last edited:

yurinka

I miss the old school arcade racers, and this one looks cool at least for the visuals. Let's hope the gameplay is also good. I never heard about this games or devs, let's hope it's good.

Last edited:

tusharngf

I will go for TDU solar crown. Tried the game but did not like the high speed driving. I will stick with motorfest for now.

Guilty_AI

I miss the old school arcade racers, and this one looks cool at least for the visuals. Let's hope the gameplay is also good. I never heard about this games or devs, let's hope it's good.
They made this game which is fairly popular on steam

Tunned

The game has a very solid foundation to be the next NFS Underground, but unfortunately it has been released prematurely, they should have put an "Early Access" tag on it.

The map, car variety, tuning and traffic density toggle are great, but the game is heavily unoptimized, it can dip to from 120fps to 30fps at 4k on a 4090!
The physics are not bad, certainly better than the latest NFS games. The AI is dumb and crashes into everything (including you), and traffic cars can be rather roofless.

I really hope the developers support the game, because as I said, it is very promising, and can become something really big in the future.

Edit: The developers have brought out a second patch, this time they optimized the game. It runs at a steady 110-120fps now, with only a few stutters here and there. Much better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom