• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBS San Francisco: Bay Area Median Home Price Approaches All-Time High

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — The number of Bay Area homes sold in March hit a five-year high, with the region’s median sales price creeping up towards last summer’s all-time high, according to real estate research firm CoreLogic.

The number of new and existing homes and condominiums sold in the nine-county region was 7,287 in March, up 51.5 percent from February and 4.4 percent over March 2016, according to CoreLogic.

The median price for all homes sold in the Bay Area in March was $709,000, up 9.1 percent from last March and just 0.1 percent below the all-time high of $710,000.

Although, adjusting for inflation, the March median was about 11 percent below the June 2006 peak.

Alameda County saw heavy sales activity in March, with a 10.6 percent increase over the same month last year. Santa Clara County saw a year-over-year increase of nearly 10 percent.

The median home price in Santa Clara County was $988,500, up 8.4 percent from last March. In Alameda County, the price hit a median of $730,000, up 13.7 percent from March 2016, according to CoreLogic.

San Francisco saw decreased sales, with March numbers dropping 5.3 percent from last year and the median price hitting $1.1 million, a 4.3 percent drop.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/04/28/bay-area-median-home-price-approaches-all-time-high/

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Aren't home prices in most places probably at or near an all time high? Isn't that kind of how it works?

Slayven

If i had a time machine i would go back to the 80s and buy up SF properties, fake my death and leave them to my younger self will the explanation to hold to them for 20 years

Juice

Wait, it's only $706k? Maybe that's including studio condos and I misread.

My perception from friends in the valley is that $706k would be a steal

Edit: SF is 1.1M, which is more in line with my expectations. I'm sure the valley is just bigger than I figured.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Getting high all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom