• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDs You Are Listening To - 07/15/04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new lately, been poor n all that:

B00009LVXT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Awesome CD. Fav Songs: Pink Bullets, Young Pilgrims, Gone for Good

B000002VT6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

A Classic. Easily her best cd ever. Fav Songs: Black and White, Last Dance, and I Love You

B000093U1N.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Third Eye Blind seems to get less AWESOME with each cd release. This one is good, but certainly not as good as Blue and not nearly as good as their self-titled release. Favs: Blinded, Forget Myself, and Wake for Young Souls.

B0002858YS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Best CD of 2004 so far for me. Favorites: Midnight Show, Jenny was a Friend of Mine, and Somebody Told Me.

Diablos

Same stuff for the past few months. Sonic Youth, Wilco, Broken Social Scene, Muse, Soundgarden... that's about it.

Diablos

haha, Lit.

Are you 14? Just checkin'.

ITS NO SORPRISE 2 ME I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMIE
CUZ EVEREY NOW N THEN I KICK TEH LIVINN SHIT OUTTA ME
CAN WE FORGET ABOUT TEH THINGS I SAID WEN I WUS DRUNK
I DIDNT MEEN 2 CALL U THAT~!11!!!~!1!

MAF: Get it dode, however it's pretty mellow and not a good introduction to Sonic Youth. Listen to Daydream Nation too.

Mason

B000000OVP.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg

Weezer - Pinkerton

B0002A2WAY.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg

The Roots - The Tipping Point

B0000E2PY4.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg

Echo & The Bunnymen - Porcupine

in_extremo.jpg

In Extremo - Sieben

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Still rockin the new Wilco, which has also brought on a bit of a Wilco revival so I've been giving all their old stuff play as well.

Diablos said:
Same stuff for the past few months. Sonic Youth, Wilco, Broken Social Scene, Muse, Soundgarden... that's about it.

Still living the same boring life, eh Diablos? I guess that's cool, bra. I think it's time you spread your wings, though. Mmk?

Gatsby's American Dream- Ribbons & Sugar
B00009LVZY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Alexisonfire - Alexisonfire
B0000B00HY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Fear Before The March of Flames - Odd How People Shake
B0001NBN5M.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Bled - Pass the Flask
B0000A4GHE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Diablos

HalfPastNoon said:
Still living the same boring life, eh Diablos? I guess that's cool, bra. I think it's time you spread your wings, though. Mmk?

Uh, I've "spread my wings" listening to different music more than you, so it's not like you have a lot of room to talk. I just got the new Wilco a few weeks ago. Stop bothering me, I'm serious. I don't even want to talk to you.

Diablos said:
Uh, I've "spread my wings" listening to different music more than you, so it's not like you have a lot of room to talk.

Bullshit, bra. My tastes range from the Beatles to Bone to Kayne West to Fleetwood Mac to Phil Collins... are you that diverse, sir?

Diablos

HalfPastNoon said:
Bullshit, bra. My tastes range from the Beatles to Bone to Kayne West to Fleetwood Mac to Phil Collins... are you that diverse, sir?

I've seen Fleetwood Mac live. Kanye West sucks. What kind of fuckface wears a backpack on stage. Jesus. Everyone has heard The Beatles and Phil Collins...

Bone? Haha... no comment.

Alucard

Banned
Albums stacked beside my stereo:

The Strokes - Room on Fire
The Smiths - The Smiths
Air - Talkie Walkie
Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It In People
Mogwai - Come On, Die Young
Explosions in the Sky - The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
Wilco - Summerteeth

I'm still warming up to Summerteeth. I think I've been spoiled by hearing Yankee Hotel Foxtrot first.

Diablos

I didn't like Summerteeth at first either, but now I love it.
AND you're listening to Broken Social Scene. Woot.

Alucard

Banned
Diablos said:
I didn't like Summerteeth at first either, but now I love it.
AND you're listening to Broken Social Scene. Woot.

Yeah, You Forgot It In People was easily my favourite album last year. There isn't a damper on that entire cd IMO. Well, maybe "I'm Still Your Fag" but that's only 'cause I'm not a fan of the lyrics.

Diablos

Yeah, I don't quite understand why they put that on there. "I drank your piss to see if I could still live" or whatever... WTF IS THAT

I wanna know which member(s) of Broken Social Scene are gay; there's like 10 of them, what do you expect. Or maybe they were telling a story about someone else? Either way... that's fucked up.

Diablos said:
haha, Lit.

Are you 14? Just checkin'.

ITS NO SORPRISE 2 ME I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMIE
CUZ EVEREY NOW N THEN I KICK TEH LIVINN SHIT OUTTA ME
CAN WE FORGET ABOUT TEH THINGS I SAID WEN I WUS DRUNK
I DIDNT MEEN 2 CALL U THAT~!11!!!~!1!

MAF: Get it dode, however it's pretty mellow and not a good introduction to Sonic Youth. Listen to Daydream Nation too.

Diablos said:
Uh, I've "spread my wings" listening to different music more than you, so it's not like you have a lot of room to talk. I just got the new Wilco a few weeks ago. Stop bothering me, I'm serious. I don't even want to talk to you.

It's posts like these that make me realize that you will probably never get laid, though you desperately need to. Goddamn, if you know so much about music you should be the one on stage, son.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
MrAngryFace said:
Listening to or buying music isnt some pissing contest. There's a lot to be said for liking what you like.

ya, but acting like you're diverse and cool because you can name 4 groups from vastly different genres really gets me wet.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Prodigy: Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Towa Tei: Last Century Modern
Air: Talkie Walkie
Martti Servo & Napander: Avatkaa Ovi!

Mika_on_kun_ei_taidot_riita.jpg

Samba_kuppi_kuumaa.jpg

Iceman

Same as the last few years really:

1) Switchfoot / Beautiful Letdown
2) Jimmy Eat World / Bleed American
3) Switchfoot / New Way To Be Human
4) Switchfoot / Legend of Chin
5) Caedmon's Call / 40 Acres

Agent Dormer: It just isnt. To be fair tho it was hard to pick favorites, I love the whole cd. I wish I could say the same for Oh Inverted World. Its good, but not as awesome as Chutes too Narrow.

nitewulf

MrAngryFace said:
Hey how is Sonic Youth's latest cd? I keep seeing it at the store wondering if I should get it.

And yes, Muse rocks.

its pretty rocking, i'd say its a good intro. but yeah, definitely get daydream nation as well.

nitewulf

dragonforce - sonic firestorm
one word..."epic" freaking epic, melodious power metal. all power metal fans should check out this album, pretty much the fastest power metal band i have heard so far.

B0001FAE7S.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

auf der maur - self titled
its good, but pretty generic modern rock.

B00022XOB8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

T.J. Rehmi - warm chill
in the chilled beats genre, few are like him. he is a fantastic guitarist. if you need to mellow out, and like eastern vibes you should try some TJ Rehmi stuff.
i also recommend talvin singh. actually i'd recommend a hell of a lot more stuff depending on who is interested.

B00018D4EK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

dem

It is real
Its the cover of The Tea Party - Edges of Twilight cd too

The angel fell onto the pedistal after an earthquake

Same thing I've been listening to for the past couple of weeks:

B00008XRY3.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Sounds - Living In America

I'm convinced that all good pop music comes from Scandavia; Sweden in particular. Fan of the 1980's? Blondie, perhaps? Get this now. A true classic.

nitewulf said:
hey, you like abba and you like metal...look around, you'll find a metal tribute to abba, its fantastic.

Yes. And even better than that is some mp3 release called "Black Sabbath Tribute Covers Abba's Greatest Hits." I've been trying to find info on that release forever, like who the actual band is, but I can't. It came out last year, and is probably the greatest collection of cover songs I've ever heard. Every one is virtually flawless.

etiolate

Banned
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand
They Might Be Giants - The Spine

I am dissapointed that I am the only one listening to The Spine. It rocks like a moose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom