• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Celebrating 30 years of PlayStation: My First GT, digital soundtracks, “Shapes of Play” collection – and there’s more to come

ManaByte

• My First GT. This holiday, look forward to a free trial version designed to attract a diverse players of all skill levels to the globally acclaimed Gran Turismo 7. This upcoming release will include some of the favorite cars, tracks, and race events that evoke the nostalgia and excitement of the very first GT experience. Look out for more details on My First GT, available to all PS5 and PS4 players this holiday.

• Digital game soundtracks. In collaboration with Sony Music, each month from October through January, we’ll release for the first time on Spotify a set of digital soundtracks from fan-favorite PlayStation franchises. You’ll be able to stream the following game soundtracks on Spotify or purchase them on various digital music storefronts, including Amazon Music, Apple Music, and participating music retailers:
  • God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta
  • Twisted Metal
  • Starhawk
  • Unit 13

• Shapes of Play. A new collection of products called “Shapes of Play,” crafted by the team behind the design of PlayStation consoles, gives you opportunities to create fun moments with our iconic shapes:
    • Shapes of Play: Battle is a board game where you can challenge a friend to line up four different shapes of the same color on the board to win.
    • Shapes of Play: Create is a set of magnetic blocks that you can position in any direction to create fun shapes.
    • Shapes of Play: Recharge lets you experience a new way to recharge between games, especially after that tough boss battle.

• Free online multiplayer weekend and esports tournaments. Join us later this month for a free online multiplayer weekend and exciting esports tournaments! To celebrate the fantastic online games and communities on PlayStation, we’re hosting a free online multiplayer weekend on Sept. 21 and 22.* During those days, you can enjoy online multiplayer for games you own without having a PlayStation Plus membership, on PS5 and PS4 consoles.

During the same weekend, we’ll host a series of PS5 esports tournaments, featuring titles like NBA 2K24, NBA 2K25, Madden NFL 24, MLB The Show 24, EA UFC 5, Tekken 8, and Guilty Gear Strive. If you own any of these games and qualify, you can compete on Sept 21 and 22 to win a special 30th anniversary-themed avatar and other game-specific prizes. Players on PS5 can sign up via the Game Hub or the in-game PlayStation Tournaments button. Keep an eye on compete.playstation.com for all the upcoming tournament details.

e1438345e62802a2892b9a96410fe30fada50809.jpg

Flintty

Man, 30 years! Whilst the PS5 is my first own Playstation console, I used to borrow my older brothers PS1 and set it up in my room (he hated that, naturally!).

Fond memories of Rage Racer, GT, MGS, Die Hard Trilogy and especially Silent Hill!

30 years… Fuck.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Good for them! Love both my PS2 and PS Vita.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
“Concord” what?

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

nial

Uh huh, I'm interested to see what this My First GT is all about.
Music selection is dosappointing, tho. Starhawk? Unit 13? Fuck off.

Top Bottom