• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(CFJ) Five more characters revealed!

MoxManiac

Capcom Fighting Jam (or Evolution now, if you perfer) is currently beta testing, and 5 more characters are now known.

http://www.mmcafe.com/bbs (Click on the CJF thread)

Without further ado:

SF2: Zangief
SFA: Karin
SF3: Urien
Vampire/Darkstalkers: Anakaris
Warzard/Red Earth: Nool

There's rumors of Gouki/Akuma being in there somewhere too.

Great choices, Capcom :D I like each of those choices, Nool looks cool, reminds me of Shuma-Gorath.

The thread also has impressions of the gameplay.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It actually sounds like the people beta testing are having some fun with the game, but it's always funny to see how many people are doing nothing more than (rightfully) complaining about the reused sprites. :)

I really hope that this isn't the end of the line-up, though; there's five more characters to be revealed, and for a Mugen-fest like this game, it should have a MvC2-sized roster.

MoxManiac

Some people think the mock game logos on the select screen are mockups for more character slots, which means there would be room for 5-10 more characters. Let's hope so...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
MoxManiac said:
Some people think the mock game logos on the select screen are mockups for more character slots, which means there would be room for 5-10 more characters. Let's hope so...

Yeah, and Ingrid takes up two character slots. I'd really like to see more "original" characters in this game, as well as characters like Haggar, Poison, and Strider (who were all in CFA), Dante, Jill, Mega Man, Zero, Vanessa, Samanosuke, etc. To me, a game like this should be expanding beyond just fighting game characters; Warzard is an awesome addition...why not add Lynn Kurosawa, some of the D&D characters, etc.?

They'll get it right with the sequel (see: MvC, CvS, SF3, pretty much everything else Capcom's ever made, ever). Capcom Fighting Jam 2 will have more characters, more stages, more balanced gameplay, and, with any luck, Kobun.

Shoryuken

belgurdo said:
Anakaris? What a waste of space. Bring back Donovan

Agreed. I still can't understand why Capcom would use Anakaris when just about any darkstalkers character would have been better.

Top Bottom