• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Check out the *SICK-ASS* dunkz in NBA Live 2005!!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Why is the basket 7 feet tall? And EA really needs to clean up the texturing whats up with that weird white outline.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
HAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHLOLOLLLLLOLOOOOOOOLOLLLLOOHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA X'7000

honestly great idea, horrible Vince carter dunk and 720 by someone.... thanks for the laughs

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Malleymal said:
HAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHLOLOLLLLLOLOOOOOOOLOLLLLOOHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA X'7000

honestly great idea, horrible Vince carter dunk and 720 by someone.... thanks for the laughs

you mean the handspring dunk?

Only one I'd like to see in real life is that one soccer kick alley oop... has anyone ever tried one like that?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
For a sec I thought i was watching Nba Jam with the big head code. Damn EA really fucked up all the good they did with Nba Live 2003.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
those guyz are sick.. the ballz dont ev3n mak3 the nets move they are so l33t...

sadly, we are without ID this year.. at least Sega has a decent bball game... I guess I will have to deal with that.

etiolate

Banned
Those player models are horrid. Since when did Peja have slightly light colored buzzed hair?

I like the idea of mid air collisions though. It's something that's been lacking.

Takuan

Neat dunks, but I hope we don't see 'em in simulation style games. One of the many things I hated about ESPN 2K4 was seeing guys land windmills or other flashy dunks in traffic, then turn the ball over when they brought the ball down on an open dunk. Really stupid.

Obviously, the dunks are a bit outrageous but reading the IGN article, it seems like the dunk contest will be a lot more fun than ESPN college hoop's offering last year. I'm sure these dunks won't be used in game, but I also hope they tone down the dunks in traffic. Windmills and 360s on fast breaks only, please.

DCX

DCX
This looks stupid. Why not call it NBA Street 3: Indoor Edition? I'm sorry it's cool to have the entire All Star Weekend but to turn it into a clown fest like this, why not offer 50Pt hot spots and flaming balls? It's all about "The FUN FACTOR"

DCX

DMczaf

Um...do you guys actually think those dunk contest dunks are in the simulation game? If you do, then you obviously haven't played NBA Live 2004.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Kabuki Waq said:
why did lebron copy VC's dunk at the end? :p

ummm that' Tmac... and the all star weekend is a great idea... not since jordan vs bird has there been a dunk contest!

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
i stared at the unmoving net the entire time i watched that video. what is up with that. it doesn't even look like the shot is being made.

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
Um...do you guys actually think those dunk contest dunks are in the simulation game? If you do, then you obviously haven't played NBA Live 2004.
Yes they are, as part of a season or francise as well as a seperate game mode, but still. So, you telling me...LeBron plays mortal til the break, SUPERHUMAN during the "contest" and is mortal the rest of the season lol. I'm just saying i rather have a dunk contest that is more like DDR/Tony Hawk but pull off "realistic" dunks that CAN be done only during dunk competitions...i'm not down for 720s or a 360+off the back board+east bay funkX2....just my opinion...and yes if i don't like just don't buy it...i won't i'm getting ESPN anyway :)

DCX

DMczaf

sefskillz said:
i stared at the unmoving net the entire time i watched that video. what is up with that. it doesn't even look like the shot is being made.

Probably still being worked on, the net in Live 2004 was horrible and I remember in an interview for Live 2005 they said they wanted to redo the rim and net physics

DCX

DCX
Blackace said:
ummm that' Tmac... and the all star weekend is a great idea... not since jordan vs bird has there been a dunk contest!
I agree it's a great idea but even in Jordan VS Bird the dunks were realistic :)

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Great idea and looks like fun...

NBA Live 2004 > ESPN 2k4

I expect the same this year.

Top Bottom