• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheney to Leahy: Go f'(@*# yourself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

In a bizarre sequence of events where senate was meeting to have a picture taken Cheney confronts Senator Leahy about Haliburton claims and Leahy fires back about issues involved in the confirmation of a noted Catholic and that he should have done more 'blah blah blah' to which Cheney replied 'go fuck yourself'.

Now I don't have any particular issue with profanity on capitol hill, but this one is just damned funny. It reminds me of a time when I was watching a senate hearing and one of the senators slipped out a "true that".

Doth Togo

Cheney curses senator over Halliburton criticism
Thursday, June 24, 2004 Posted: 5:30 PM EDT (2130 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Typically a break from partisan warfare, this year's Senate class photo turned smiles into snarls as Vice President Dick Cheney reportedly used a profanity toward one senior Democrat, sources said.

Sen. Patrick Leahy of Vermont, who was on the receiving end of Cheney's ire, confirmed that the Vice President used profanity during Tuesday's class photo.

A spokesman for Cheney confirmed there was a "frank exchange of views."

Using profanity on the Senate floor while the Senate is session is against the rules. But the Senate was technically not in session at the time and the normal rules did not apply, a Senate official said.

The story, which was recounted by several sources, goes like this:

Cheney, who as president of the Senate was present for the picture day, turned to Leahy and scolded the senator over his recent criticism of the vice president for Halliburton's alleged war profiteering.

Cheney is the former CEO of Halliburton, and Democrats have suggested that while serving in the Bush administration he helped win lucrative contracts for his former firm, including a no-bid contract to rebuild Iraq.

Cheney's office has said repeatedly that the vice president has no role in government contracting and has severed all financial ties with the Texas-based oil services conglomerate.

Cheney was chief executive officer of Halliburton from 1995 to 2000. He resigned when he became George Bush's running mate.

Responding to Cheney's comment, Leahy reminded him of an earlier statement the vice president had made about him. Cheney then replied with profanity.

Leahy would not comment on the specifics of the story Thursday, but did confirm that Cheney used profanity.

"I think he was just having a bad day," said Leahy, "and I was kind of shocked to hear that kind of language on the floor."

Kevin Kellems, a spokesman for the vice president, said, "That doesn't sound like the kind of language that the vice president would use, but I can confirm that there was a frank exchange of views."

- - - - -

No, fuck you, you lying sack of shit. HOW FUCKING OBVIOUS IS IT THAT THE SAME COMPANY THAT HE WAS CEO OF BEFORE HE WENT INTO OFFICE IS NOW MAKING MEGADOLLARS IN CONTRACTS FROM HIS WAR.

The US needs to grow some balls, drag this liar out onto the Mall and behead him like the French did with Marie Antoinette. Eat cake? No, eat shit Cheney!

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Doth Togo said:
No, fuck you, you lying sack of shit. HOW FUCKING OBVIOUS IS IT THAT THE SAME COMPANY THAT HE WAS CEO OF BEFORE HE WENT INTO OFFICE IS NOW MAKING MEGADOLLARS IN CONTRACTS FROM HIS WAR.

The US needs to grow some balls, drag this liar out onto the Mall and behead him like they did Marie Antoinette. Eat cake? No, eat shit Cheney!

There are very very very very few companies that could be doing the work Halliburton is doing now.

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
Doth Togo said:

The US needs to grow some balls, drag this liar out onto the Mall and behead him like they did Marie Antoinette. Eat cake? No, eat shit Cheney!

Let's not talk about his wife

Doth Togo

Lathentar said:
There are very very very very few companies that could be doing the work Halliburton is doing now.

Yes, few companies. Hence the need to increase profits and long term kickbacks.

Ripclawe

Banned
Phoenix said:
In a bizarre sequence of events where senate was meeting to have a picture taken Cheney confronts Senator Leahy about Haliburton claims and Leahy fires back about issues involved in the confirmation of a noted Catholic and that he should have done more 'blah blah blah' to which Cheney replied 'go fuck yourself'.

Now I don't have any particular issue with profanity on capitol hill, but this one is just damned funny. It reminds me of a time when I was watching a senate hearing and one of the senators slipped out a "true that".

Big thumbs up.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
explodet said:
Michael Moore is going to be the guest.

Lock your doors, bar your windows!
I heard Michael Moore grows fat off of the consumed flesh of your children!

lol at the cheney thing.

Ripclawe

Banned
robochimp said:
Then why not let those few companies bid for the contract?

because Halliburton has the best resources to do the job in the first place and in any logical big process they would win?

fart

Savant
rip i'm bigger, better and stronger than you so instead of us fighting why don't you just kill yourself. it'll be easier for both of us.

FightyF

Banned
The Ripclawe effect:

1-Chimes in his opinion
2-Gets owned by 30 different people
3-bails out of the thread

We've thus completed phase 1.

Cheney looks like a child molester.

cheney.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom