• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization 7 PC Specs Revealed

LectureMaster

Gold Member

civilization-7-pc-requirements-1727979923875.jpg

Minimum Requirements​

• Graphics Preset: Low
  • Resolution: 1080p
  • FPS: 30
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-10100 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1050 / AMD RX 460 / Intel Arc A380
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Storage: 20 GB SSD
  • Operating System: Windows 10 / 11 64-Bit
  • DirectX: Version 12

Recommended​

• Graphics Preset: Medium
  • Resolution: 1080p
  • FPS: 60
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-10400 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060 / AMD RX 6600 / Intel Arc A750
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM

Ultra​

• Graphics Preset: High
  • Resolution: 4K
  • FPS: 60
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-14700F / AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 / AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT
  • Memory: 32 GB RAM

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
We got some DLSS? Frame gen? What's this 60fps talk where's my 270hz?

Just looked at my Steam account, only 5.7 hours on Civ V, Civ VI never got around to installing... I know I played a ton of Civ IV but I guess that was before Steam started tracking playtime?

I should probably ignore this and not let the Civ beast emerge from its decades-long slumber....

Last edited:

nkarafo

I don't understand why it "needs" such high end CPU for the ultra setting. It's turn based strategy. It uses a very small number of units/models as a summary of larger armies, and even these don't react in real time. There are no fancy physics or battles either.

Probably one of the least demanding genres on the CPU.

GHG

I don't understand why it "needs" such high end CPU for the ultra setting. It's turn based strategy. It uses a very small number of units/models as a summary of larger armies, and even these don't react in real time. There are no fancy physics or battles either.

Turn times my man, turn times.

There's a reason these games have been a staple of PC CPU benchmarks for many a year.

nkarafo

Turn times my man, turn times.

There's a reason these games have been a staple of PC CPU benchmarks for many a year.
So the Ultra preset is going to make the turn times longer for the CPU opponent compared to the minimum or recommended spec? As in, it's going to use a smarter, more complex AI or something?

GHG

So the Ultra preset is going to make the turn times longer for the CPU opponent compared to the minimum or recommended spec? As in, it's going to use a smarter, more complex AI or something?

Don't know what the ultra preset entails yet so it's impossible to say, but generally things like map size and opponent settings have a huge impact on turn times and how long you will need to wait in between turns.

My immediate thoughts are that the better the CPU, the faster the A.I will take it's turn, making the player wait a lot less time. I can't imagine it will be smarter or more complex.

nkarafo

My immediate thoughts are that the better the CPU, the faster the A.I will take it's turn, making the player wait a lot less time. I can't imagine it will be smarter or more complex.
Right. I just try to understand how does this relate with the requirements above.

Meaning, the time it takes for the AI to make turns doesn't have anything to do with using a high graphics preset or 4K resolution.

Last edited:
Right. I just try to understand how does this relate with the requirements above.

Meaning, the time it takes for the AI to make turns doesn't have anything to do with using a high graphics preset or 4K resolution.
No I imagine that graphical settings will have limited impact on the CPU although not no impact. To be honest, I have no idea I'm just trying to make a reasonable assumption based on the optimal playing experience.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Be interesting to see how this runs on the Pro.

Love me some Civ so I’m 100% in when some DLC’s are released and they’re doing a sale on the bundle.

Last edited:

Have you watched the videos released so far? Each army in each hex has multiple units, and they are individually rendering combat between units constantly. This isn't like the old games where combat occurs for a few seconds and is over. Combat is being displayed continuously.

Top Bottom