• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coffee Beers really are the best kind of beer there is

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
COFFEE BEERS!

HOW ARE THEY MADE TO BE SO IMPOSSIBLY DELICIOUS?!? WHY CAN NO OTHER BEER SATISFY MY MOUTHLY URGES LIKE THE DELICIOUS NECTAR OF THE GODS NAMED- COFFEE BEER!

Exhibit 1-

Santa Fe Brewing Company Imperial Java Stout
PC031513.jpg

From BeerAdvocate.com
This is the kind of beer that gives the word "stout" a reputation. Extra generous quantities of barley malt, followed by vigorous fermentation leaves this "imperial" heavy weight with 8% ABV and a body as full as chocolate bread pudding.

Exhibit 2-

Boulevard Brewing Company Coffee Ale

Brand_Coffee_Ale.jpg

From Boulevard Brewing Website
The delightfully fragrant beer presents a glowing, tawny-amber hue. The clean, crisp acidity of the air-roasted coffee mingles with malt on the palate, lingering faintly in a subtly sweet finish.
9.3% ABV

Exhibit 3-

Goose Island Beer Company: Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout
From Goose Island Website
Each year this excellent coffee stout is made with a different bean variety, chosen in collaboration with our brewers and Intelligentsia’s experts. With the change in coffee comes a change in the flavor profile, making each release truly unique from the previous years.
13.4% ABV

My Personal Favorite at the moment-

Ballast Point Victory at Sea
From Ballast Point Website
The subtle roasted notes and minimal acidity of the cold brewed coffee, balances perfectly with the sweet caramel undertones of the malt, creating a winning combination for your palate.
10% ABV

Up and comer-

Left Hand Brewery BitterSweet Imperial Coffee Stout
From Left Hand Brewery's Website
The coffee’s dark cherry flavors and spicy undertones weave into the rich milky sweet stout like a chocolate-covered espresso bean melting on your tongue. Bitter then sweet. Sweet then bitter. It’s bittersweet.
8.9% ABV

What say you Beer Drinkers? What Coffee Beers do you love, or do you prefer some other lesser brew?

Afrocious

I can get behind this thread. Just discovered coffee stouts recently and I love them.

I give the edge to ginger beer tho

eu pfhor ia

Neo Member
Coffee, and chocolate, beers are damn good

actually, how are they made? Is the coffee brewed and then mixed in during the fermentation, or...?

Persona7

Banned
coffee and beer. two of the most abysmal drinks now combined!!!

(i'm only half kidding, the one I tried was pretty bad though but was very strong)

Nola

Peanut butter milk stout from Tailgate Brewery in Nashville, Tennessee gets my vote as best beer. Mmmm

Wallach

The other day I had a Superbad coffee imperial stout. Not bad. Not my favorite imperial stout (right now that is Sins of our Fathers) but I'd drink it again next season.

Fuck yeah, I love coffee beers.

Did a signature drink at my first coffee shop job that consisted of a milk stout with a scoop of vanilla gelato and a shot of espresso poured on top. It was delicious *O*

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Fuck yeah, I love coffee beers.

Did a signature drink at my first coffee shop job that consisted of a milk stout with a scoop of vanilla gelato and a shot of espresso poured on top. It was delicious *O*
This will be done! Damn!
Peanut butter milk stout from Tailgate Brewery in Nashville, Tennessee gets my vote as best beer. Mmmm
I love me a peanut butter beer too. Where is my coffee peanut butter brew!! Somebody make it!

Leatherface

OP since you posted Victory at Sea, I immediately know you have good taste so I shall add to the list with two of my all time favs:

breakfast-stout.jpg

tumblr_mbdz65MEjo1qe5xpg.jpg

T-Matt

Epic's Big Bad Baptist is certainly worth a buy if you see one. I would like to try the limited Founder's Kentucky breakfast stout one day.

noquarter

This is my favorite beer season. Wish there was more coffee beers and they weren't seasonal, but they are usually some of my favorite.

Last year Elysian had an espresso milk stout that was really good, couldn't find any this year though.

Just had this over the weekend:

Delicious, but I can't drink more than 2 in one sitting.
I do like the Stone Stout and like you can't really drink more than two in a sitting.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
thank you OP for the suggestion something I will try out for the weekend. Question to all posting what is the most common kind of coffee beer? One that I could pick up at any local store that sells beer?
You should be able to find the santa fe brewery one i listed in stores! JOIN THE COFFEE BREWALUTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom