• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coffee Beers really are the best kind of beer there is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

This is not really a thing in Holland. I have tried hundreds of different beers, but coffee beer isn't one of them.

I don't like stouts, so I probably won't like this either. Still would like to try though.

Edit: Apparently there is at least 1 coffee beer (Belgian) available here. Might try it.

Chocolate is better. This is amazing. Smells like a glass of dairy milk chocolate.

12224083_888199201257488_114738660_n.jpg

Lunar15

Florida represents pretty well in this category:

cubano-web.png

Cigar City Cuban Style Espresso Brown Ale

122132.jpg

Due South Calling All Cars: Coffee & Donut Porter (A bit on the sweeter side, but still good)

I think my favorite is Founders Breakfast Stout though. So fucking good.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I don't know how Atwater Block is still in business. Every single bottle I have had from them was infected.

daveo42

Banned
Wig Splitter by Three Floyds
Screen-Shot-2015-10-28-at-11.32.07-PM-e1446088853904.png

Best Espresso/Coffee Stout I've ever had and one of my personal favorite beers.

Iorv3th

How is the flavor? Never really liked stouts, does this taste different enough to try? Prefer Lagers and Bocks.

I personally hate them like EVERY single damn one I have tried.

Me too. They are far too bitter for me. Always reminds me of the bitter beer face commercials and just think "oh that's popular now".

cubano-web.png

Cigar City Cuban Style Espresso Brown Ale

I love Buddy Brew coffee. Was offered a job with them a while ago but didn't take it cause of Tampa being super far. I had no idea they paired up with Cigar City.

I need to get my hands on this beer !

andycapps

Peanut butter milk stout from Tailgate Brewery in Nashville, Tennessee gets my vote as best beer. Mmmm

Slightly off topic but in the same vein, has anyone ever tried this? How is it?
terrapin-moo-hoo.jpg

I actually haven't had that one but I love all of Terrapin's stuff. Unfortunately, can't get it in Ohio yet as they don't have distribution here.

They also have this coffee stout

aAVubkx.jpg

And this Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter is amazing

Lunar15

I love Buddy Brew coffee. Was offered a job with them a while ago but didn't take it cause of Tampa being super far. I had no idea they paired up with Cigar City.

I need to get my hands on this beer !

It's a specialty, so I've only seen cans of it once. Not sure if they do a batch every year.

Never tried it but I'll have to give one a try this weekend. The only coffee + "____" combo I ever liked was

coke_blak.jpg

Absolutely loved it despite the fact it gave me horrible headaches and vertigo

I moved from MO To OK to MO and I'm so stoked to have access to mothers again. They're in Springfield right? Probably not that long of a trip :p

Probably a trip that's worth it. Schafly and Boulevard might be worth a visit too. You could do a road trip from KC, to Springfield, to STL. See all of Missouri's waistline and get drunk too.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I like beer.
I like coffee.
I like Genius.

OP, will this somehow blend everything I enjoy into one or will it betray my expectations based on those three like?

Mindlog

Coffee and chocolate porters/stouts are my Winter jam. So tasty.
Agreed. I wouldn't necessarily place one category above the other as they're both great.

I can taste it already.

I think my favorite is Founders Breakfast Stout though. So fucking good.
More agreement all the way around.
I like beer.
I like coffee.
I like Genius.

OP, will this somehow blend everything I enjoy into one or will it betray my expectations based on those three like?
Absolutely.

02-beers-primary-CBTS.png

While not a coffee beer per se, it definitely smells and tastes like one.

14894_bbc69985555ee9058b1d18e3742f2635.jpg

Speakeasy's payback in San Fransico is probably my favorite at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom