• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coffee

STARSBarry

Gold Member
St. Helena: OH. MY. GOD.
Just... FANTABULOUS.
Seriously, coffee can taste like this? After the first sip, I just stood staring at my glass for a few seconds, taking it all in.
This one just spreads in your mouth like no other coffee ever did for me, stimulating taste buds that shouldn't even react to coffee.
Strong flavor, yet light texture. Highly digestible. Leaves a very pleasant aftertaste. Boosted me for a whole morning like few other coffees can.
I'm a firm believer now. This St. Helena coffee is truly a special one. Ridiculously expensive (must be like, 7-8x the price of Nespresso originals?), but great.

It's insane right? Like it's just tastes like you imagine fancy coffee is supposed to taste like when someone describes it to you, the fact nothing else does amazes me, blue mountain has a lot of cheaper copy cat blends that give a very similair taste, no one seems to have cracked St Helena yet. It's a bit like that first cup of Blue Mountain after all you have drunk before is instant coffee, except the instant coffee is now blue mountain.

Looks like you are paying for presentation.

Normally with things like this yeah I would agree, but the actual reason is because one of those blends is being shipped from...

pJSipYw.png

It is one of the most remote places on the planet, and has most months a single transport ship for the entire islands trade, that's it. That's what your paying for... but my God do they make great coffee, thank christ the UK owns it so we get first dibs.

One of the other blends in the box is also similarly expensive, but that's because they had to have a jungle cat shit it out in india before bagging it.

Last edited:

peish

Im been doing Ethiopian cold brew, very convenient and some brew i added fresh longan. It’s a great mix, the subtle longan sweetness and ethiopian fruitiness. Try it out fellow coffee snobs

Last edited:

Tams

I stopped drinking coffee and instead take Nutricost 100mg caffeine pills off Amazon. It's like $7 for 250 capsules, so I get my 8oz coffee equivalent caffeine fix for $.03.

Well, this isn't really the thread for you.

I'm glad you're getting the caffeine hit that you're after, but here we're after the flavour and texture of coffee (plus added extras for some), sometimes even more than for the caffeine.

Hell, for me the ritual of making coffee is what I really like.

BlackCoffee

Neo Member

I'm glad you're getting the caffeine hit that you're after, but here we're after the flavour and texture of coffee (plus added extras for some), sometimes even more than for the caffeine.

A lot of it is the ritual for me too.

Good Morning Drinking GIF by University of Phoenix

You know what, I'm gonna make myself some right now.

Hell, for me the ritual of making coffee is what I really

And I enjoy hearing your guys' perspectives on it. Thought you might enjoy hearing mine

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Yes. I had a coworker who drank like a whole bottle of coffee in a morning and he went to the hospital as he was shaking and hyperventilating.

Caffeine overdose is a serious thing, about 2 decades back we had a guy on nightshift I worked with who drank a shit ton of energy drinks, anyway one night I just find him spazzing out on the floor full on seizure. We phoned an ambulance quick and he was taken to hospital, but yeah just like any drug you can overdose. He didn't touch the stuff after that.

Is there a thing like "coffee overdosing"? I might be reaching that point some day...
Sarcastic Emma Stone GIF
The FDA says ~400mg of caffeine per day is unlikely to have negative side effects (about 4 cups of coffee). Rapidly intaking around 1,200mg of caffeine has been observed to cause seizures.

Top Bottom