• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin McRae Rally 2005 "Best Rally Game Ever"

Gek54

...According to Codemaster's marketing. It’s more like 'best rally series run through the gutter'. The crack heads at codemasters have sunk to new lows. After raising the series to what seemed like a hopeful promise with CMR4's more realistic feel of handling, CMR2005 has been thrown back to CMR3's god awful physics that I can only explain as some kind of rear wheel steering affect while the car just floats at an angle. Most people like to describe it as the car rotating around a pole. What ever it is doing, its arsecakes. To deepen the wounds, there is some serious lag in the controls when using a wheel. Oh and lets not stop there, how about not being able to run the engine and brake tests with the wheel. You must back out of the career mode and go back in with the dual shock to run the tests. What could have been one of the best rally games with a very compelling career mode and beautiful tracks is now just rehashed filler. Putting CMR04 back into the PS2 was like a breath of fresh air...*sigh*. Codemasters have dropped the ball hard.

Oh well, back to the masterpiece of driving physics that is Richard Burns Rally while I wait to see what Evolution Studios will release.

Gek54

Yeah I was, at the time I was only into the front wheel drive cars in the begining of my career. I didnt realize how whack everything was until I tried the 4wd cars. I just figured the fwd cars were a little different to rally.

Top Bottom