• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: over

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati - COVER

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa - NO COVER
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) - NO COVER
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) - NO COVER
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana - NO COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) - NO COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) - NO COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) - NO COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) - NO COVER
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson - COVER

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Had a good week on Yahoo but I'm still doing terrible overall. And why do they have so many games to pick this week?

Doing barely above average here.

Predict the total number of points scored! (Tiebreaker ONLY) NOTICE! THE FORMAT OF THE BONUS PICK HAS CHANGED FOR THIS WEEK!
Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 112

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati - COVER

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa - COVER
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) - COVER
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) - NO COVER
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana - NO COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) - NO COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) - COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) - COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) - COVER
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson - COVER

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 70

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati COVER

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa COVER
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) NO COVER
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) NO COVER
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) NO COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) COVER
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson NO COVER

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 95

Thursday

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa COVER
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) NO COVER
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) COVER
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana NO COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) NO COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) NO COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) COVER

Head of Big XII officials Walt Anderson (yes, that Walt Anderson)

Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls 1h1 hour ago
Anderson said the "vast majority of the calls in the Texas-Oklahoma State game were correct."

Fuck. You.

That's the last straw with me. Time for Texas to leave the conference and go independent or join another conference. Anything is better than this shit conference of incompetence

The fucking GOR is the only thing keeping us here. Longhorn network, for all the shit it gets, was a huge cable deal precisely because we wanted an out if the conference dissolved (which it was about too until we literally saved it) or if it tried to do us like they did the cornholers.

DeLoss Dodds was too good at his job for that. He didn't think the conference would turn into what it's become. If we find a loophole to the grant, we're out to the B1G or go full ND before you bat an eye. Fuck the conference. We kept the damn thing alive when Mizzou and aggie left and this is the thanks we get? Jobbed on our home turf by officials who slam their chests into Charlie then penalize him for talking back? Nah son. We made this conference we can sure as shit end it.

El_Chino

That's the last straw with me. Time for Texas to leave the conference and go independent or join another conference. Anything is better than this shit conference of incompetence
I think Texas would do well Independent. There's not much space in any other conference for them to join elsewhere.

ag-my001

DeLoss Dodds was too good at his job for that. He didn't think the conference would turn into what it's become.

A conference where Texas isn't calling all the shots? A conference with up to five or six teams better than Texas? A conference where sometimes, all the calls don't go Texas' way?

Please elaborate.

I thought the CW was that Texas caused the breakup with the Longhorn Network and some other moves around that time. I didn't follow it closely though.

I thought the CW was that Texas caused the breakup with the Longhorn Network and some other moves around that time. I didn't follow it closely though.

It was. Texas deserves this.. They weren't the only ones who caused the fubar with the BIG XII, but they deserve the lion's share of the blame.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I thought that's what you meant. Maybe call it 'total points'?
I thought I explained it well, but I guess not.
3. Ties to determine who gets the bonus points will be based upon predicting the total number of points stored in Baylor v. Texas Tech (I'll call this the O/U pick).

Predict the total number of points scored! (Tiebreaker ONLY) NOTICE! THE FORMAT OF THE BONUS PICK HAS CHANGED FOR THIS WEEK!
Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick:

Here's an example FROM WEEK ONE as to how you should post your picks:

O/U Game (Tiebreaker ONLY)
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan - O/U - 56 points

Here is what is being said with those picks:

O/U Game (Tiebreaker ONLY)
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan - O/U - 56 points | This pick is for MSU and WMU to score a combined 56 points.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
The fucking GOR is the only thing keeping us here. Longhorn network, for all the shit it gets, was a huge cable deal precisely because we wanted an out if the conference dissolved (which it was about too until we literally saved it) or if it tried to do us like they did the cornholers.

So you're saying that we should all be thankful to UT for stopping the bleeding that they caused by chopping off the legs of the conference?

UT staying because of the LHN may be why the Big XII still exists, but it's also the reason that almost nobody is happy with what the Big XII currently is.

You guys get 1 game of what everybody else has been putting up with against UT for years and you already want to take your ball and go home? :jnc

This is all just too delicious.

Don't worry, you'll still beat Tech this season like you always do.

mre

Wow, the misogyny is strong in that Texas meltdown.

Edit: And, :jnc -

85mXHCa.gif

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 82

Thursday

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa NO COVER
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) COVER
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) NO COVER
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana NO COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) NO COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) COVER

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

"Hi, I'm first half Tennessee and I have DirectTV."
"Hi, I'm second half Tennessee and I have cable."

"We are the worst team in the SEC. We couldn't beat Vandy."

"Can we just get a mercy rule? I've got work early tomorrow and I'd rather not get fucked in the ass for another 20 minutes."

michealjordancryinglaughing.webm

mre

So, in his off time Bo Scarbrough (#9), running back, has gotten a little big:

RqAJa4r.jpg

Clemson gets gameday and no "Clemson time" picture in the OP?

Also, Clemson opened as a two point favorite. How the shit did it shift 5.5 points in 24 hours?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Clemson gets gameday and no "Clemson time" picture in the OP?

Also, Clemson opened as a two point favorite. How the shit did it shift 5.5 points in 24 hours?

Notre Dame has lots of fans. Those fans bet on their team. That shifts the line.

But it looks like ND is 1 point favs at this point.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So, in his off time Bo Scarbrough (#9), running back, has gotten a little big:

RqAJa4r.jpg

Yeah, I've been trying to figure this out. Not the "How", as that's obvious (rhymes with Truman Growth Hormone). I'm trying to figure out what role he's playing. No way he can play that WR role that some thought he was. Or will he...

CA51cHLWoAAnaAJ.jpg

Here he is next to Derrick Henry and Ronnie Clark

Top Bottom