• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Opening Games!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I'm at the JSU (Jackson State University) opening game ... Right now it's pregame stuff and it's pretty effing AWESOME! JSU is an HBCU and they have one of the more famous marching bands in the whole Southeast: The Sonic Boom of the South! I don't know if y'all have ever been to an HBCU football game but the energy here is WAY different from, say, Notre Dame... The band is AMAZING (they put on a SHOW in this pregame wait) the games always have an energy you never get used to... I love opening game day!

How about y'all? Anyone else been to an opening game yet?

Last edited:

ebevan91

I live in Mississippi, not too far from Memphis TN, so I know a bit about these games. Like the Southern Heritage Classic, which is next weeek but JSU isn't participating in anymore.

JBat

Awesome! Sounds like a fun time. I've been watching in the comfort of my living room. Not opening week but South Carolina actually looked good vs. Kentucky with a 31-6 win. Coastal Carolina is currently up 37-14 on William and Mary. So good weekend so far. Watching the South Florida vs. Alabama game now. Hoping for the upset. Loving that Notre Dame got beat by Northern Illinois

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I live in Mississippi, not too far from Memphis TN, so I know a bit about these games. Like the Southern Heritage Classic, which is next weeek but JSU isn't participating in anymore.

I wonder why... I hope it's not a funding thing.

And hello fellow Mississippian! I recently moved back home to the Sipp and it's taken a bit to get re acclimated.

Awesome! Sounds like a fun time. I've been watching in the comfort of my living room. Not opening week but South Carolina actually looked good vs. Kentucky with a 31-6 win. Coastal Carolina is currently up 37-14 on William and Mary. So good weekend so far. Watching the South Florida vs. Alabama game now. Hoping for the upset. Loving that Notre Dame got beat by Northern Illinois

It is always eff ND ... Let me know how the SF v AL game is going... I just left the JSU game a bit before the end of the 3rd quarter... The score was 58-0 with JSU WAYYYYY in the lead! LoL!

JBat

I wonder why... I hope it's not a funding thing.

And hello fellow Mississippian! I recently moved back home to the Sipp and it's taken a bit to get re acclimated.

It is always eff ND ... Let me know how the SF v AL game is going... I just left the JSU game a bit before the end of the 3rd quarter... The score was 58-0 with JSU WAYYYYY in the lead! LoL!
Sounds like home team had it in the bag. Congrats!
Alabama up 14-13 late in the 3rd. USF just had to punt. Alabama offence looks horrible.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Sounds like home team had it in the bag. Congrats!
Alabama up 14-13 late in the 3rd. USF just had to punt. Alabama offence looks horrible.

I'm sure they'll pull through. I don't like SF at all. Or any FL team. Can't claim them at all.

Top Bottom