• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Hellers

So I might have bought all 14 volumes of Knights of Sidonia on Comixology. Up to volume 5 so far and really enjoying it. It's a little bit hard to follow a times but very good

So I have mentioned that I'm a big fan of artist Juan Ferrerya. I even bought one of his Suicide Squad pages a few weeks ago. I ordered his creator stuff with Paul Tobin, Colder, and started it today and I have come to the conclusion that Juan is my favorite artist out there. First just the over all style with water colors and photoshop effects is the big draw. But his colors, lighting, layouts, facial expressions, kinetic energy, characters, etc just resonate with me to make him my favorite.

Colder has been excellent so far. If you like dark, twisted, and psychological horror, check this book out.

The Mighty Avengers #27
The Unspoken was an old Inhuman king that succeeded Black Bolt's dad. Attilan was apparently super peaceful in his day and everyone loved the bastard, including the Alpha Primitives. For those who don't know, those are pretty much cavemen used as slaves because they can't be used as much else. Essentially, Black Bolt's gang charges into the throne room and fights him due to him getting rid of the "Slave Engine," (which I have no idea what the fuck that is) which is apparently a very powerful device that The Unspoken hid because it was too powerful for any one person to have. The Royal Family disputes this by saying it is the right of all the people of Attilan to have it. So they fight, The Unspoken loses and the Alpha Primitives bail him out. Fast-forward to present day, and a small group of Avengers (Quicksilver, USAgent, and one other chick who I don't care enough to remember the name) go to scout a location in China due to a spike in Terrigen readings where they find The Unspoken and a bunch of Alpha Primitives. Then China's Justice League shows up and gets straight bodied by him, thus beginning the running theme of Chinese superheroes getting bodied by random Inhuman shit.

Then USAgent is like "Fuck call all of the Avengers." There's some other storyline stuff about the actual Avengers storyline, like Jocasta being sacrificed and Scarlet Witch is actually Loki and some shit. Don't care about that. Sad part is, the whole bit with The Unspoken doesn't end here. It continues. So I'm going to read the issues that contain this arc, even though every reading order I've looked at has only listed this issue as the one I need to read. Oh well. Also one thing that bothers me: in this issue, it shows the Royal Family only one week out of Terrigenesis. So Gorgon still looks like a human and whatnot, but Karnak mentions he went through the Terrigen process. Problem is that ever since the Jenkins run, he's been known to not have ever gone through the process. The runs after this stay with that. A weird conflicting retcon that didn't stick, apparently.

This actually sounds rather interesting. Might have to read Mighty Avengers and Inhumans when I get MU next.

So I might have bought all 14 volumes of Knights of Sidonia on Comixology. Up to volume 5 so far and really enjoying it. It's a little bit hard to follow a times but very good

I watched the first two seasons of the anime on Netflix and was going to start reading where that left off, but I never got around to it. I've heard there's some difference between the anime and manga and that you should read the manga from the beginning blah blah blah I don't care I'll start where I want. Anyway, I really liked what I've seen of it, though. Is it still ongoing or did it finally end? Also, volume 15 of the manga just came out last week. Don't know if it's out in digital yet.

Hagi

I watched the first two seasons of the anime on Netflix and was going to start reading where that left off, but I never got around to it. I've heard there's some difference between the anime and manga and that you should read the manga from the beginning blah blah blah I don't care I'll start where I want. Anyway, I really liked what I've seen of it, though. Is it still ongoing or did it finally end? Also, volume 15 of the manga just came out last week. Don't know if it's out in digital yet.

The manga ended with Volume 15 actually I'm way behind but I find it enjoyable. I'm looking forward to Vertical releasing Blame again because I missed out on it when Tokyopop had the license. Hopefully they bring out Abara at some point because that is way cool.

The manga ended with Volume 15 actually I'm way behind but I find it enjoyable. I'm looking forward to Vertical releasing Blame again because I missed out on it when Tokyopop had the license. Hopefully they bring out Abara at some point because that is way cool.

Wow, Tokyopop. There's a name I haven't heard in a while.

Hagi

Low is way better than Black Science. I can't even be fucked to catch up with Black Science.

I've only read the first volume of Black Science but I enjoyed it. I really liked Sliders as a kid. Low seems really interesting though that mech suit looks really cool.

I read Spider-Gwen yesterday and now I feel sick today. I don't think it's a coincidence.

I read all 4 issues of A-Force then got a hair cut. I don't think that's a coincidence either.

TheFlow

Banned
Low is the superior image title along with saga.

Tokyo ghost is worst than blacks science. Considering black science had a Waugh better first arc

Looks like I didn't need to jump on the IST Valiant sale.

CHoNSGR.jpg

(Archer & Armstrong).

Amazon says v6 includes #20-#25 but the actual trade says #20-#23 + "Back to the Beginning" from #25. Not sure what's going on.

Messi

I'm at work and it is 11pn with a festival going on. Won't get home till 3-4. Not reading comics though so it's not all bad.

shingi70

Banned
The Detroit branch of one of the comic chains in my state is opening Monday. Planning to go and pick up some items to support the store.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Man that must suck donkey balls.

I can be happy that I have my public service job with 7-15:30 and flextime, even while its currently exhausting as hell...

Second shift can definitely be isolating but it has also saved me a ton of money. Throughout my 20's all those Friday nights I spent at work would otherwise been spent at the bar getting blackout drunk and losing my cell phone/wallet.

At least I'm lucky enough (not really) to have a brother with MS. He doesn't sleep much so he is usually up when I get off work.

Boogiepop

Okay, with the Cap Falcon sale on comixology, what precisely is worth money from that? There's like 3 different series, then one with the Avengers, and then some old stuff, it seems.

Also, for the Rai sale, do I need to grab anything other than the digital "trades" to have all I need from the current universe from that sale? (Planning on going in on whatever I can for the new Valiant Universe that goes on sale thanks to Launchpad's longstanding suggestions).

Top Bottom