• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Game Pass: Sifu, Inscryption, Mad Streets, and More

Draugoth

Gold Member
HERO_GamePass_Announcement_16x9_10.1.2024-b8602d6e842a5d3d46c9-1536x864.png

Coming Soon

MLB The Show 24 (Console) – October 2
Game Pass Standard

Swing for the fences, experience game-deciding moments, become a legend and live out your baseball dreams in MLB The Show 24. Everyone has a moment to own. Everyone has a story to tell. Unlock your moment. Own the show.

Open Roads (Console) October 2
Game Pass Standard

Long-lost family secrets. Hints of a hidden fortune. And miles to go before they sleep. Tess Devine’s relationship with her mom has never been easy, but they’re about to set out together on a journey into the past that they’ll never forget.

Sifu (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 2
Game Pass Ultimate, PC Game Pass, Game Pass Standard

SIFU_TitledHeroArt_1920x1080-f9302c1de32ab604ff20.jpg

Sifu is a realistic third-person brawler with tight Kung Fu combat mechanics and cinematic martial arts action. Get in the shoes of a Pak Mei disciple on a path to avenge the murder of your family. With countless enemies and no allies, the sheer will to persevere and adapt will be key to unlocking the enigma of becoming Sifu.

Mad Streets (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 7

Mad Streets is the kind of game that makes you crack a smile all while punching someone in the face. It’s a physics-based party game meshed with a brawler that feels like an evolution to the genre with a deeper system that allows skilled players to direct their blows for face-crunching KO animations that wouldn’t look out of place in MMA highlights.

Inscryption (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 10

Inscryption-Key-Art-1920x108-1-738c90752a9a60909dd9.png

Inscryption is an inky black card-based odyssey that blends the deckbuilding roguelike, escape-room style puzzles, and psychological horror into a blood-laced smoothie. Darker still are the secrets “inscrybed” upon the cards.

In Case You Missed It from Tokyo Games Show

TGS_GamePass_16x9_9.26.2024-dace131d9653f746bf4c.png

All You Need Is Help (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available now
Game Pass Ultimate, PC Game Pass

Dive into a quirky multiplayer co-op puzzle game where adorable, fluffy cube-shaped creatures collaborate to reach their goals. This cooperative-centric game is designed for enjoyment across generations – from children to grandparents – making it perfect for family and friends.

Legend of Mana (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available now

Set off on a journey to find the mystical Mana Tree in Legend of Mana. Meet a colorful cast of characters, square off against fearsome monsters, and complete quests in the vast world of Fa’Diel. Discover the classic title, remastered with a rearranged soundtrack, graphic improvements and more!

Trials of Mana (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available now

Trials of Mana is the 3D remake of the classic RPG. Experience the beloved adventure with graphic improvements, character voiceover support, a remastered soundtrack and a new episode, in addition to an ability system and a new class that reconstructs the character levelling system plus more active battles!

We Love Katamari Reroll+ Royal Reverie (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available now

Help the Prince roll the katamari and fix the universe! Play the remastered We Love Katamari Damacy, the second title in the Katamari series released in 2005 along with the new features such as Royal Reverie. The graphics have been completely redesigned, and the in-game UI has been revamped to make it even easier to play.

Game Pass Ultimate Perks

MultiVersus: MVP Pack 3 – Available now
The MultiVersus MVP Pack offers in-game content to further customize and boost your play for subscription members. MVP Pack 3 includes a Jaw Stretcher Special Taunt and PopReinDog Sticker.

EA Sports FC 25: Welcome Pack – Available now
Try EA Sports FC 25 today with a 10-hour trial and get a Welcome Pack reward, available with your EA Play Membership!

XDefiant: Combat Pack – Available now
Ready your Season 2 loadouts with five new weapon skins in this season’s Combat Pack which includes: Rare Deep Red MK20 Weapon Skin, Rare Deep Red D50 Weapon Skin, Cobalt AK47 Weapon Skin, Ember M44 Weapon Skin, Morganite MDR Weapon Skin.

Leaving October 15

The following games will be leaving the Game Pass library soon. Be sure to jump back in before they go or use your membership discount to save up to 20% to keep them in your library.

• Dyson Sphere Program (PC)
  • Everspace 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • From Space (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • F1 Manager 2023 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Scorn (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Sifu and Inscryption two absolutely great games, good get
But they're old. Bought both a while ago so its useless to me. MLB and Open Roads are already on GP so this is just moving it to Standard? That shouldnt even count. Mad Streets is dirt cheap and is the only thing on there I dont already have. Pretty terrible.

September ended up mostly redeeming itself at TGS. I think we'll see a lot of older games rest of the year since each month has a $70 release in it. But they just announced Nine Sols too so we'll see.

Last edited:
Sucks that Everspace 2 is leaving. I just started it on PC not too long ago. I didn't know the second one moved away from being rogue-like.
Everspace 2 has a real campaign. Exactly what I want to see happen to rogue games. Wish Returnal would follow suit.

Roberts

Already have Sifu and it rocks. Really curious about Inscryption. Not a very good beginning for Oct, but I keep reminding myself that we will eat good very soon.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
But they're old. Bought both a while ago so its useless to me. MLB and Open Roads are already on GP so this is just moving it to Standard? That shouldnt even count. Mad Streets is dirt cheap and is the only thing on there I dont already have. Pretty terrible.

September ended up mostly redeeming itself at TGS. I think we'll see a lot of older games rest of the year since each month has a $70 release in it. But they just announced Nine Sols too so we'll see.
I totally forgot about Standard and Ultimate and went back to see which game is joining what only after reading your comment.

This needless complication is such a mess.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Inscryption and Sifu are good additions.

(y)

Sifu is a fantastic game, anyone who hasn't played yet but has the means to now, give it a shot.

StueyDuck

On Xbox? Or just in general?

What issues did you face?
Honestly... just the control scheme in general.

I played on PC eventually but on Xbox controller.

I dunno it just didn't feel good to play and I can't quite put my finger on what was wrong.

I'm not sure if it was some sort of input delay or frame pacing or awful parry timings or what really but it just didn't feel good doing counters and stuff which is basically what the entire game is built on

Last edited:

Stafford

I don't get why all of a sudden they come with such small amounts of games now.

It's not like they didn't acquire ABK, tf are these games?

bender

What time is it?
I don't want to spoil anything but I really enjoyed Inscryption until I didn't. I still think it has a strong opening and is worth checking out.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I don't get why all of a sudden they come with such small amounts of games now.

It's not like they didn't acquire ABK, tf are these games?
This conversation would likely derail the thread, so I'd rather stay away from that. But it's pretty clear why they are increasing the price of GP while taking away value at the same time. This model was never sustainable and was always going to be temporary.

Now the honeymoon period is over.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
2024 has been an awful year for Gamepass. Today is the start of the 10th month.
I've spent $189.39 (including tax) on Gamepass Ultimate so far in 2024.
I need to change it to the PC only tier, I keep forgetting to do that.
$189.39
One Hundred Eighty Nine Dollars and 39 cents.
:(

Jaybe

$189.39

Curious why you keep an active subscription when you could just buy a month when enough content has built up to warrant it? The latter is how I handle most subscriptions.

This year has been shit for Game Pass imo. Ultimate costs $23 CAD/mo. now, and it hasn’t been worth anywhere near that. I guess with COD, STALKER 2, Flight Sim, and Indiana Jones this year that will be changing soon?

Last edited:

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Curious why you keep an active subscription when you could just buy a month when enough content has built up to warrant it? The latter is how I handle most subscriptions.
I have a set games budget for the family each month. Budget includes all games, subs and hardware. As long as I keep to it I have enough to buy even PC hardware including graphics cards.
I have not had an issue with Gamepass until this year when I'm starting to question it's worth.
I've started to question many things this year as prices have increased and my kids have actually moved on to other interests.
I've actually started to think about reducing the games budget for 2025. (But I still have my eyeball on the RTX 5090, I'm sure that 189.39 could help a little there)

Zacfoldor

Normally I wouldn't comment on gamepass stuff but Inscryption is one of my favorite games. Everyone should play thru it. Way better than most other games, honestly. I'd say it's in my top 25 of all time.

If you like card games, and old games like maniac mansion or shadowgate, and games that subvert your expectations over and over again, or spooky games, or games with great artstyle and just general style, or retro games, or survival horror games. It's damn good folks. Play this for yourself.

Inscryption is like if someone took a bad slender man game off Steam and then just like, dedicated their lives to improving it over the next 20 years, that is what this game is like. Totally unique and a must play.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
This conversation would likely derail the thread, so I'd rather stay away from that. But it's pretty clear why they are increasing the price of GP while taking away value at the same time. This model was never sustainable and was always going to be temporary.

I was nice while it lasted, im subbed cheap until midway through next year but i don't get enough out of it to continue after that.

If you have kids in the house id still say its a no brainer but for me personally im out.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I was nice while it lasted, im subbed cheap until midway through next year but i don't get enough out of it to continue after that.

If you have kids in the house id still say its a no brainer but for me personally im out.
Yes, subscriptions like these can be pretty good if the goal is to get a lot of content. Kids and teenagers have a lot of time and they can make better use of that content.

Old-fellows like us already have limited time, and it's rare to get a game we were super hyped to play launch on a subscription.

Just this last month or so, the big games that everybody was talking about are: Space Marine 2, Astrobot, Black Myth Wukong. That's what most people played - or at least wanted to play the most - and none of these launched on a sub. We had to buy those anyway.

Yea I'm done with sub services in general. I signed up for PS+ again and I don't know why I did. I have kids but I don't care he can play what I have or what I get from PS+ bottom tier or all the FTP games. He has 10X the amount of games I had at his age so he's going to be happy or just don't play games I dont care.

clarky

Gold Member
Yes, subscriptions like these can be pretty good if the goal is to get a lot of content. Kids and teenagers have a lot of time and they can make better use of that content.

Old-fellows like us already have limited time, and it's rare to get a game we were super hyped to play launch on a subscription.

Just this last month or so, the big games that everybody was talking about are: Space Marine 2, Astrobot, Black Myth Wukong. That's what most people played - or at least wanted to play the most - and none of these launched on a sub. We had to buy those anyway.
Precisely. I've purchased all 3 of those titles you mention and have yet to play more than on hour or two of them all, never mind anything on gamepass.

Fess

$189.39
Standard pricing?
I only subscribe if I can get it cheap through prepayment. About $5 per month last time, paid til 2026.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Inscryption is awesome! But don't go reading about it, trust me. If you're even a little bit into deck-building games, you gotta check it out.

Generic

It isn't sustainable because subscriptions stopped increasing.

Stafford

Is this a small amount? Remember it’s only the first drop, and they also just added a bunch of dumb JRPG’s from TGS.

Some of them already are on the most expensive version of GP if I'm not mistaken. But we've had times that the first batch was like 8 games.

And it's odd how long it's taking for more ABK games to get added. Starting to wonder if we're truly even gonna get all the older CoD at all.

Some of them already are on the most expensive version of GP if I'm not mistaken. But we've had times that the first batch was like 8 games.

And it's odd how long it's taking for more ABK games to get added. Starting to wonder if we're truly even gonna get all the older CoD at all.

Agreed there, I was originally stoked to play the old CoD titles but I’m kind of over it now and probably won’t even bother. But there’s tons of other great ABK stuff missing.

Top Bottom