• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concerts!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

element

Mon 02/21/05 Hot Hot Heat Neumo's
Mon 02/21/05 Louis XIV Neumo's

Sat 02/26/05 Aqueduct Chop Suey
Thu 03/03/05 Helio Sequence Neumo's
Mon 03/07/05 The Music Neumo's
Tue 03/08/05 Modest Mouse Showbox
Wed 03/09/05 Modest Mouse Showbox
Thu 03/10/05 Modest Mouse Showbox
Fri 03/11/05 Modest Mouse Showbox
Sat 03/12/05 Slint Showbox
Fri 03/18/05 Ann & Nancy Wilson Of Heart Paramount Theatre
Fri 03/18/05 Pearl Jam Paramount Theatre
Fri 03/18/05 Presidents Of The United States Of America Paramount Theatre
Sun 03/27/05 Ben Kweller Hammerstein Ballroom (NYC)
Fri 04/01/05 Ambulance LTD. Crocodile Cafe
Mon 04/04/05 Handsome Boy Modeling School Showbox
Tue 04/05/05 The Dears El Corazon
Thu 04/14/05 Queens Of The Stone Age The Premier
Sat 04/23/05 Eisley El Corazon
Wed 04/27/05 British Sea Power Neumo's

bold = going

bridegur

Ben Kweller does an amazing job live, he's a great performer. On top of that, he's a genuinely nice person.

I want the new Hot Hot Heat album NOW.

element

ben is a pal of mine. known him for going on three years now. awesome guy. as well is john his drummer who likes to call me from time to time. awesome guys.

only reason why im going to the show :D

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Cool, I'm going to the Queens of the Stoneage concert here in CT on March 26th. Can't wait.

And Slipknot march 4th

tt_deeb

Ecrofirt said:
maybe he said it because modest mouse was in the list, and they do, in fact, blow

Yeah, they are on the list, but no one made any comment towards them. If the only thing you have to say is "Modest Mouse blows" then don't "contribute" to the topic at all.

Ecrofirt

so because no one else made a comment on something in a thread, he's not allowed to?

If there were thread talking about x_____, and no one commented on x_____, would that mean I couldn't comment on it?

tt_deeb

Ecrofirt said:
so because no one else made a comment on something in a thread, he's not allowed to?

If there were thread talking about x_____, and no one commented on x_____, would that mean I couldn't comment on it?

Yeah, I guess that was a great way to spark a conversation about Modest Mouse. It was trolling, plain and simple.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
slint are back together? why doesn't anyone tell me these things? british sea power are really good live, incidentally.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
"slint" does sound like a dirty word. i'm going to try saying it in a crowded elevator.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I like modest mouse. Lonesome Crowded West rocks city blocks.

Pretty much the only show I'm looking forward to is Magnolia Electric Company in April.

Meier

Modest Mouse really does suck. I think I am seeing Xiu Xiu on March 15th, French Kicks (definitely) on March 20th, The Wrens on April 9th, and of course OASIS!! on June 20th.

bridegur

I don't know where all of the Modest Mouse hatred is coming from. GNFPWLBN wasn't the greatest album, but it did have its moments. The Moon and Antarctica is incredible, as is most of their other stuff. My only complaint is that now that they're popular their ticket prices have gone up...

Mifune

Mehmber
I'm seeing Cat Power tomorrow, Slint, Futureheads, and the Decemberists next month, Magnolia Electric Co. in April.

And say what you will about Modest Mouse, they're miles beyond the indie blandness of French Kicks. COME ON!!

White Man

-jinx- said:
Ulrich Schnauss and M83 are on tour together...but they aren't coming to Los Angeles. :(

I'm still thinking of checking that out. I'm not particularly fond of the venue they'll be at.

Also, ele, Queens of the Stone Age is already sold out.

EDIT: Crap, so is Slint :(

karasu

tt_deeb said:
Yeah, I guess that was a great way to spark a conversation about Modest Mouse. It was trolling, plain and simple.

trolling? I was giving my opinion(yes sometimes opinions are negative!) of a band on the list. Is that not allowed? :/ bridegur said Ben Kweller was amazing. Is that him giving an opinion about a band on the list, or asskissing plain and simple? :roll

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The Frech Kicks are quite possibly the most bland band I've ever heard. Wait, wait... Zwan. Zwan, then French Kicks. I was thoroughly unimpressed with them.

I'm going to see Decemberists/Okkervil River on April 9. After that, I'm not so sure. I want to go see Xiu Xiu/The Dead Science end of March, but probably won't happen. April 15 is Out Hud & Hella (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but I bet I'll have to miss that, too. April 30 for Of Montreal. And I guess that's it until the summer.

Wait, wait. May 10 the motherfuckin' RAVEONETTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

element

ohh the raveonettes are touring again! sweet! i loved their show last time I saw them. Louder then any show I've gone too. It was awesome!

last week I saw the Mountain Goats, as for upcoming shows I have tickets for the Unicorns in March (the 12th?) and the Decemberists (3-26?).

GG-Duo

Quadrophenic said:
last week I saw the Mountain Goats, as for upcoming shows I have tickets for the Unicorns in March (the 12th?) and the Decemberists (3-26?).

I thought the corns broke up?

GG-Duo said:
I thought the corns broke up?

They did, but they announced a Los Angeles concert after the "official" breakup.....and i was poking around thier message board and Diamonds said more dates were coming soon....i wouldnt be surprised if the breakup was more publicity and less reality.

nook.jpg

Nookicky! Then most likely Decemberists/Okkervil.

On Wednesday I am going to the Ska is Dead II Tour here in Tallahassee, Fl. Bands include: The Know How (famous for Gainesville ska), MU330, Streetlight Manifesto, and Voodoo Glow Skulls. I may or may not leave after Streetlight Manifesto is done. They are the highlight of the show for me, however The Know How do indeed kick ass.

On March 10th in Gainesville, FL (spring break!) I am going to see Reel Big Fish. Hell the fuck yes. I am stoked.

Suerte

I'm going to see, Ted Leo, Razorlight, Kaiser Chiefs (twice), Bloc Party, Do Me Bad Things and a few more that I've forgotten. Then i've got the T in the Park festival in July with Greenday, The Killers, etc.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I saw the shins last night. they rocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom