• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conker Demo impressions - IGN

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
60 fps would have been nice, but with those visuals, I think it would be too much to ask...

Prine

Banned
Deepthroat said:
IAWTP!

Here are some songs from BFD... man, they are so funny!

http://www.mundorare.com/juegos/conker/musica.html

Conker for prezident! :)

Rare have udated their site with all the old Conker tunes. JFG and Banjo also

edit: And i love it when Rare use characters from other games. Seeing Master Chief on the cover puts a smile on my face.

Id like them to use more Microsoft IP. They should have the DRUDGE mag opened with BAD ART as a headline. Then Sudeki/Brute Force characters next to it.

OmniGamer

Does anybody, ANYBODY, have the OLD trailer for Dinosaur Planet, when it was still an N64 game? The music for that was Godly.

What looks like excessive bloom lighting...much more variety in and generally higher-res texture detail...a bit more complex lighting... Certainly, there are more characters on-screen in many of the vids I've seen than I remember ever seeing on-screen in SFA. SFA looked and still looks phenomenal, IMO...just not as nice as the new Conker...

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
"2 million polygons equal better gameplay? We Decide" Is that a direct reference to something edge did?

Conker looks simply awesome, Ken Lobb is now officially a man of truth.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Ghost said:
"2 million polygons equal better gameplay? We Decide" Is that a direct reference to something edge did?

I don't think there's anyone at Rare old enough to make a direct reference to something Edge did.

CrisKre

Wow, looking good! Im a Conker fan (with JetForce Gemini i think it is their best game of the last 5 or 6 years), but cannot help to be kinda dissappointed that this is a remake. Really, I played the firstone to death. Hopefully it will have enough new content additions to justify my purchase, if not it will be a rent.

Those who haven't yet tried this gem: you're in for a treat.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
-=::[Eagle-Vision]::=- said:
I really don't find this screenshots impressive. Yeah, they're good, but aside the spherical harmonic lighting, it looks just like SFA, but at half the framerate.

No, no it doesn't.

I think you have forgotten what the game looks like...

starfox_screen009.jpg

25052.jpg

starfox_screen002.jpg

25048.jpg

starfox_screen003.jpg

25053.jpg

starfox_screen023.jpg

25051.jpg

starfox_screen017.jpg

25054.jpg

SFA's world geometry was always kind of lacking. The textures, effects, and overall feel was great...but it isn't as detailed overall.

ge-man

akascream said:
Heh, on occasion. Expecting a Rare game to run at 60fps is like expecting coke to be pepsi.

I usually don't defend Rare, but the framerate is only an issue at the hub area, and that's just a slight issue for the most part. Framerate was one of the things they got right with SFA.

Mzo

I only played through the original once, but it's easily one of my favorite N64 games. There was just so much variety to the game; I really loved it.

Maybe it's a good thing the game sold like utter crap back then... all the more people to buy it now and (hopefully) inspire Rare to make a sequel.

Can't wait to play through again with graphics this amazing, though.

OmniGamer

adelgary said:
I think you can still find it on IGN64

Nope, i've looked there ages ago(and today), they have 2 gameplay vids, but not the trailer, and the vids are restricted to Insiders anyway. I think the trailer vid came from Rare themselves...it didn't have any IGN intro or watermark. I used to have the vid but lost it to an HD crash back in 2001. I have the tune stuck in my head, but I guess i'm doomed to never hear it again :(

dark10x said:
No, no it doesn't.

I think you have forgotten what the game looks like...

starfox_screen009.jpg

25052.jpg

starfox_screen002.jpg

25048.jpg

starfox_screen003.jpg

25053.jpg

starfox_screen023.jpg

25051.jpg

starfox_screen017.jpg

25054.jpg

SFA's world geometry was always kind of lacking. The textures, effects, and overall feel was great...but it isn't as detailed overall.

HOLY SHIT those Conker's screenshots are amazing!! The one with Conker on the wooden plank is just awesome!

Solid

Seeing those SFA shots make me wanna pop the game in and re-play it :)

Awesome game. Very underrated and gets much hate just cause it's Rare. Heh, exactly like Silicon Knights. Anyone see a pattern here? ;)

akascream

Banned
I usually don't defend Rare, but the framerate is only an issue at the hub area, and that's just a slight issue for the most part. Framerate was one of the things they got right with SFA.

No. It was awful.

Top Bottom