• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Timu

I'm going to try my best to get the law few maps, but due to how absurdly random it is to get to the map you want, I wonder when I'll finally be able to even get to them for that matter.

ultimota

if i did anything wrong let me know :) (and how to fix it ;D)
nci9AyF.png

kgxo3Am.png

R0PenkW.png

Xav

I'll probably get a lot of shit for saying this but I don't think Titanfall belongs in this thread.

We've seen some technically stunning games, we've seen some artistically strong games, Titanfall is neither.

Kuro

I'll probably get a lot of shit for saying this but I don't think Titanfall belongs in this thread.

We've seen some technically stunning games, we've seen some artistically strong games, Titanfall is neither.

Did you even read the thread title

Tomb Raider Pictures

I don't frequent this thread often but I noticed you didn't get much attention for these aside from one mention so I just wanted to say that I think they're awesome. The first and third shots especially are interesting and make me want to get the Definitive Edition to replay the game.

Gurish

Timu got some talent if he managed to make Titanfall look decent.

Damn that game is pretty ugly during gameplay for about 99% of the time, but view shots are the best way to make it look OK.

Timu, take some gameplay shots if you dare :)

TheCloser

Banned

I agree 100%. One could argue that Dead Rising 3 looked better and that game doesn't look next gen to me.

Pjsprojects

Good shots Timu, think with Titanfall it's a case off it being good enough due to how fast the game plays.

So now vids can be made/streamed on Xbone does this mean still shots can be taken from the vid?

Neiteio

A couple shots of a Great Fairy I rescued from the belly of a Big Octo -- she doubled Link's magic bar as a reward!

twwhd-greatfairyrain03xulh.jpg

twwhd-greatfairyrain07wu6y.jpg

Also, several shots from the figurine gallery. The figurines in this game have a high-gloss patina that really makes them shine!

I wish there was a way to take screenshots at the native 1080p. (Also, sorry for exceeding the limit, but wanted to post a few examples...)

twwhd-figure-greatfai17umj.jpg

twwhd-figure-queenfai6duzb.jpg

twwhd-figure-darknut0pjuli.jpg

Timu's a talented screenshotter, but a lot of the effect is simply his choice of resolution. By capturing in 720p he's not only eliminating the ugly upscale you'd see on a 1080p display, he's actually getting a small amount of supersampling. The improved IQ really helps. For example, here's what one of his best shots looks like when it's missing that benefit (I upscaled to 1080p and cropped back down):

18rHHfx.jpg

Please note that I don't think he's "cheating" or anything like that. His resolution decision was a good one. It's exactly the kind of thoughtfulness that makes his work stand out in the thread, and not just on this game. I'm just trying to explain some of why his Titanfall shots may look better than most others you've seen.

EBE

wait, so is Titanfall getting a resolution patch? i thought that was the rumor. possibly maybe? i think the shots here look pretty good.

wait, so is Titanfall getting a resolution patch? i thought that was the rumor. possibly maybe? i think the shots here look pretty good.

I read on digital foundry they did an interview and their experimenting with 900p with fxaa or 1080 and no aa. Hopefully it comes soon!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Thanks to everyone who are submitting pictures. I do enjoy this thread.

Can we not do this again, please?

I don't think it was an argument to honestly get the pics out, more a way to say it looks shit. Which it certainly does.

Even on PC, in stupid res it looks shit. I don't care about the whole 'old engines can be tweaked' etc, if you use a 10 year old engine you are not going to have a nice looking game.

But yeah, I agree with Liabe also, that you can make games look better when resizing to lower resolutions.

Dave_6

I don't frequent this thread often but I noticed you didn't get much attention for these aside from one mention so I just wanted to say that I think they're awesome. The first and third shots especially are interesting and make me want to get the Definitive Edition to replay the game.

Thanks, I appreciate it! I love this game though, beat it on PC twice and then bought this version to do it again.

Timu's a talented screenshotter, but a lot of the effect is simply his choice of resolution. By capturing in 720p he's not only eliminating the ugly upscale you'd see on a 1080p display, he's actually getting a small amount of supersampling. The improved IQ really helps. For example, here's what one of his best shots looks like when it's missing that benefit (I upscaled to 1080p and cropped back down):

18rHHfx.jpg

Please note that I don't think he's "cheating" or anything like that. His resolution decision was a good one. It's exactly the kind of thoughtfulness that makes his work stand out in the thread, and not just on this game. I'm just trying to explain some of why his Titanfall shots may look better than most others you've seen.

Thanks for the explanation. Is your picture what it actually looks like on a TV? ........I hope not..

Caayn

From the topic start.
"5. Critique and be opinionated about games/shots, but don't threadshit. This is not the place for you to moan about how all Wii U screenshots drag the thread quality down, or how ugly all Xbox One titles are. Be fucking nice for once in your life."

Timu

Also awesome Titanfall shots Timu!
Thanks.

You should get some gameplay shots.
I will soon, but it's really, really hard to get good ones during gameplay.

If only great looking games are allowed then there wouldn't be a lot of games in this thread, not to mention rule 5 in the OP.

Damn that game is pretty ugly during gameplay for about 99% of the time, but view shots are the best way to make it look OK.

Timu, take some gameplay shots if you dare :)
My capture card did all the work.=p I will as well.

Good shots Timu, think with Titanfall it's a case off it being good enough due to how fast the game plays.

So now vids can be made/streamed on Xbone does this mean still shots can be taken from the vid?
Direct feed wise I don't think so.

18rHHfx.jpg

Yeah 1080p would make it look bad, 720p is the best choice for this game.

chadboban

inFamous: Second Son

originalcbjuv.jpg

original2kok9q.jpg

original34cjvc.jpg

Note: These aren't mine. They're taken by someone that got the game early (no spoilers)

http://community.us.playstation.com...-Son-My-review-and-new-pictures/td-p/43139798

DAAAAAAMMMNN!! Can't wait for some capture card shots from the fine folks in this thread :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152344696032502&l=5928027075484514497

Was me last night, hit the HD option. Still not great though unfortunately due to the poor capture and Facebook compression.

Thanks man :D

Top Bottom