• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cool game toys from Japan (Animal Crossing, Pikmin, FF, SMB)

Mike

I'm wrapping up my week in Japan and... I've spent way too much money. Here's all the videogame-related junk I picked up...

(FLYNN: Don't scroll beyond the Miyazaki stuff if you don't want to know what Pikmin toy I'm bringing back for you)

Mandragora from Final Fantasy XI: (I actually won this in a weird arcade game where you have to slide a beer glass across a bar and stop it at the right place, sort of like a reverse "Tapper")

toys1.jpg

It's hard to see but this is a box with one of eight different miniatures from Namco games, but you don't know whether it's Dig Dug or Pac-Land until you buy and open it:

toys2.jpg

Stuffed toys from Animal Crossing (I picked up the last of these at the store)

toys3.jpg

Super Mario Bros diorama: (Only 3 bucks!)

toys6.jpg

Okay, non-game related but cool anyways: Gloomybears!

toys7.jpg

Of course, Miyazaki stuff:

toys8.jpg

Last but not least, sweet Pikmin 2 toys AKA Flynn's present:

toys5.jpg

Draff

Man, I wanted to get some Pikmin toys and I decided to wait since they were missing a few and then I never saw them again :(

Instead I just loaded up on a bunch of capsule toys.

And I want that Mario diorama.. now.

Memles

I WANT the hamster/baby from Spirited Away...now.

I'm a stuffed animal freak to begin with, but that is too much.

Mike

Yeah, like with a lot of toys here, the mario stage figure dioramas are random, so you don't know what you get until you open it. They cost 300 yen here, about 3 bucks, so you aren't getting ripped off too bad getting it online.

The dioramas are about 4 inches wide and 4 inches tall, approx.

Mike

Haha, well I guess you were gonna find out in a few days anyway. I like the blue pikmin because he looks horrified.

B'z-chan

Banned
Is there any other FFXI merchandise beside the mini controler and clock? Cause i wouldnt mind picking that Onionhead up or a Rarab or something.

Flynn

teehee

It looks like you guys are having a great time.

What neighborhood did you get most of your toys in?

Mike

There was a great store in Ueno that had a lot of the famicom mini games, but I didn't wind up buying those. I bought the gloomybears and Miyazaki stuff there though. Most of these toys are from Hakuhinkan Toy Park in Ginza.

Flynn

Cool.

All neighborhoods I've never been to. Next time I go, I'll have some new places to check out.

Wasn't the Ghibli shop insane?

I was kinda underwhelmed by Hakuhinkan Toy Park when I went there in '98, though I did find a really nice Iwatobi Penguin alarm clock and some pretty nice Parappa stuff. I much prefer "Kiddy Land" in Harajuku, it's something like 8 stories tall and is absolutely packed with wall-to-wall radness. I just about cleared out their supply of Animal Crossing toys last time I was there. :D

Mike

B'z-chan said:
Is there any other FFXI merchandise beside the mini controler and clock? Cause i wouldnt mind picking that Onionhead up or a Rarab or something.

I also got a Carbuncle plush and there are awesome goblins and moogles that are dope as well. The goblin in particular is great-looking, but it was 60 bucks here, so its probably ridiculously expensive to import.

this shit is AWESOME. :'(

:My mate is heading off to Japan for a month; might get him to get me something :D Bloody hell; I know I'm too OLD for plushies but I want the AC and Pikmin ones. They're too cool

Anything on

ICO
MGS

I spent at least two weeks searching through several cities in Tokyo for the damn Pikmin 2 plushies for my girlfriend. It was worth it though. Olimar is so damn cute.

Top Bottom