• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crunchyroll Announces the Removal of Its Comment Section Across All Platforms To 'Reduce Harmful Content'

Futaleufu

At least they're not completely lying like imdb when they deleted all message boards and the reason was they didn't have enough moderation manpower.
The loss of the imdb forum was a tragedy. I still remember when Bruce Willis showed up, proved it was him, then started answering fan questions. Or when minor people who worked on movies did an AMA.

They could just turn comments off on that particular show or disable commenting privileges on an account basis for abuse instead of removing the feature site-wide, then.
Make no mistake, their published reasoning is horseshit.

They're trying to cut costs and they don't wanna have to pay moderators.

It sucks because the comments sections was where you go to find out when the next season would be available.

Paltheos

I don't remember who said it, but I agree with that guy who said the one thing I'd miss from the comments is that one person who posts a time stamp for when episodes start.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Maybe they can spend this extra time and money getting the info pages of the Anime to show the actual year that it was made instead of just 2024 for everything.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
ever since IMDB deleted their forums, no other forum on media matters
I only used IMDB forums a few times for help identify some TV shows and commercials I saw 30+ years ago. Worked like a charm from fellow IMDB people. I remember vaguely giving a tv show description and someone helped me identify it was an 80s or 90s Alfred Hitchcock show. I thought it was Amazing Stories, Tales from Crypt or Outer Limits so I'd check all their episode guides to no avail. Alfred shows never came to mind.

But googling it, the creators claimed the message boards werent positive and useful anymore or whatever. So they axed it.

Was IMDB full of trolling and dumb shit that bad?

Last edited:
Top Bottom