• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Ovek

7Member7
I think Keanu was a bad choice, he's too well known it kinda feels like I've seen it all before.

I do wonder what this patch will address, Im hoping some Ai fixes.

Nothing exciting I would imagine. Performance updates to previous gen consoles especially the PS4 to try and reverse the humiliating store removal.

Loostreaks

GTA isn't an rpg. GTA didn't have years of hype videos showing features (such as 'choices') then release a game completely devoid of features seen in games from 15 years ago.

We are not talking about GTAV insane details here. We are talking about common sense stuff for any open world game like physics and alternate path to AI when the player’s vehicle block the way. That’s game development 101.
Rpg or not, Rockstar's mission design ( follow script 100% or DIE), controls, lack of any meaningful use of mechanics and clunky/banally shallow/simplistic gameplay are way bigger issue than some wonky physics. But you can't really "catch that" in clickbait Ytube video.

Loostreaks

https://www.altchar.com/game-news/heres-a-first-look-at-cyberpunk-2077s-johnny-silverhand-before-keanu-reeves-took-the-role-aEtpn7C2JARb

gm-e1a34eeb-d23d-4207-967a-e24b0da7f2f4-johnny-silverhand-before-keanu.jpg

gm-f9175364-2cf0-4122-a17b-c3a368ead38d-silverhand-in-action-cp-2077.jpg
gm-23a62796-77fd-4325-864a-31c68637c0c0-johnny-silverhand-first-sketches.jpg
I'm picturing him Lemmy's voice and it's a damn perfect fit. Keanu did a pretty good job, but his voice is "too clean" for the role.

Soulforge

Banned
That feeling when you find out that one of your favorite parts in a game is a bug :goog_cool:
That Archangel guitar riff playing over and over in a loop during the Never Fade Away quest, I thought it was goddam fantastic fit for what was happening on screen, what we discover about Johnny... then look it up on the net and see people are annoyed by the bug. BUG! I'll disable automatic updates so I can experience again this bug in my second play.

Oh hello Joshua Tree era Bono!

Rpg or not, Rockstar's mission design ( follow script 100% or DIE), controls, lack of any meaningful use of mechanics and clunky/banally shallow/simplistic gameplay are way bigger issue than some wonky physics. But you can't really "catch that" in clickbait Ytube video.

Wonky physics are the least of cyberpunk worries man.

Last edited:

MadYarpen

Yeah, he was very good at the end. How he was changing was also great.

By the way, about the patch- surely the management did not promise an impossible date here, right guys?

aries_71

By the way, about the patch- surely the management did not promise an impossible date here, right guys?
Anything is possible since software development is hard. They probably want to make sure they release a good patch.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
are they actually gonna update the game?

wish i had just asked for a refund.

edit: put in my refund request. i'm over the 30 days but fuck it.

Last edited by a moderator:

harmny

Banned

These patches are easy to release because they aren't promising anything especific. They just stop at the deadline and release it.

Saiyan-Rox

I haven't played since launch (been waiting for patches etc)

Did they fix the minimap and the elevator door Jackie walks through at the start?

Null Persp

Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.

Nice.

Kadayi

Banned
The official forums are just as bad. People posting grocery shopping sized lists to turn the game into Simspunk: Vice City. "Crunch is bad. Give us 50 meaningless features now!"

CDPs? I meandered over there a while back as I was sending some bug reports in and it does seem that they've let Doom Patrol set up camp with their long list of regurgitated grievances that knows no end to wallow in. Unfortunately, their forum moderation operates on a policy of 'Don't be rude' so mocking them isn't on the cards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Exentryk

Got to level 50, upgraded all gear with max armor and finished off the 'Chippin In' and other Samurai quests. It was quite extravagant, and had decent twists. Also, seeing the old lady Nancy going crazy while performing was impressive lol.

Anyway, some more random images:

Last edited:

sertopico

New patch on GOG was only 1.1 GB for me.
Same.

Tried the game after the update, everything is working as intended. No crashes, no weird stuff happening... Good.
Just one thing for those who use rtx: do you think they reduced the internal resolution of reflections? I was in the afterlife and it looked like those reflections on the tanks with dancers inside looked grainier than usual. Maybe it's just an impression.

Woggleman

For me it doesn't really feel different after the update. It didn't break anything but didn't fix anything either. I hope those on base consoles are having a better experience because I heard they run at a more stable framerate.

Majukun

game sometimes makes no sense...takedowns from the sky where you splat someone brains on the asphalt is "non lethal", but if you make someone unconscious and then dispose of the body in a dumpster, THEN it's considered lethal for some reason

Top Bottom