• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damned Capcom and Damned Reviewers. I want answers.

Ranger X

WTF????

Just bought MegaMan Anniversary Collection for the PS2 and AGAIN i'm screwed -> When you put the Navi mode "on", ONLY HALF THE MUSIC IS REMIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the fuck is that??? How can they claim to have a remixed SOUNDTRACK when it's just a couple of track that are remixed?????? How come no fucking gaming journalist ever mentionned it!?!?!?!!??!?!?!???????

I'm so pissed i could kill. This remixed soundtrack was important to me. WTF Capcom????
The Navi mode is very useless to play. It make me go insane to shift from 16/32 bitter sound to 8 bitter's every 2 mins!!!

Now population, TALK!!!! gamers can't be treated like this with on top of that, tons of half-programmed games, buggy games, Driver 3, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,...

Soul4ger

Why the hell is the GameCube games instruction manual in color, but the PS2 one is black and white?! GODDAMN THEM!

It's because the music for 1-3 is taken from the arcade games Rockman the Power Battle and Rockman the Power Fighters, which only had a few remixed tracks from each of the orginal Rockman games. It was the exact same way in the stand-alone import versions of Rockman 1-6 for Playstation - the first 3 games had only half remixed tracks, and the later ones had all remixed tracks.

And for the record, it has been mentioned quite a few times in the several sprawling threads covering this topic over the last few days. Though yeah, it pretty much sucks.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
One more time:

When Navi Mode is set to "On" in the PS2 version, the remix soundtracks apply to half the stages in Mega Man 1 - Mega Man 3. However, in Mega Man 4 - Mega Man 6, the remix soundtracks are in all stages (just as seen in the import PSOne Rockman Works Complete editions). Remix music does not apply to Mega Man 7 and Mega Man 8.

Ranger X

Bobby i was so pissed i didn't even check if Megaman 4 to 8 was half remixed or not!! lol

For those who obviously don't understand the core of what i'm pointing here it's that whatever who you are and what you do as a business, you just shouldn't misinform your customer. It's not much of a big deal to put an " * " after "include a remixed soundtrack" and specify in small letters at the bottom "except Megaman 1,2 and 3".
You understand now or i have to start with drawings?

And i play for the games. But the remixed soundtrack was important for me because i like music, like the Megaman soundtracks and it would double my pleasure to play all of them over again.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
wahmbulance.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Remixed music was one of the major reasons I wanted this collection. I already have all these MM games, save for MM7, on other platforms. I'm still satisfied with MMC, but I'll probably still be playing MM1-3 on the Genesis Wily Wars when I want arranged versions of these games.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just wanted to add that the remixes of Dr. Wily's first and second castle stages in MM2 are PURE AWESOMENESS! The boss fight remix is equally spectabulerific!

MM4-6 are entirely remixed also, at least the bits I've checked out. They also have a funky automap system present in those 3 games(probably only useful for finding the 'REAL' bosses in certain MM6 levels). All of this stuff is most likely carried over from the Complete Works games in Japan.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Yea, MM3 themes don't seem to stack up(though I never really thought they were all that cool in 1990 either), I do however like the new title theme! It has a pretty cool buildup.

belgurdo said:
I thought people bought retro compilations for the games, not the music

Shhhhhh... You'll get flamed for using common sense like I did in the other thread. Everybody knows music is more important than the games...

Top Bottom